West Ham United FC Ownership Poll (13/01/10)

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

My choice to become the new owner/s of West Ham United FC is/are...

CB Holdings
1%
Massimo Cellino
8%
Tony Fernandes
30%
David Gold & David Sullivan
18%
Intermarket
39%
None of the above
3%

Total votes: 345

FDiMcA
teh
Location: Locked in a cellar, not sure where but I can smell hotdogs

Re: West Ham United FC Ownership Poll (13/01/10)

Post by FDiMcA »

last.caress wrote:.
The late entry Italian - well, what's he all about? I'm not keen on his apparent "revolving door" policy with his managers at Cagliari,.
In A-Z order Inter or TF seem reasonable options.
In trying to take in the Italian with little info late on,the "revolving door" policy. Its fact.
Question is, is that less surprising in a system where a club has a technical director and playing style and long term players, and the manager is actually a coach/motivator bought in to compete with changing tactics and styles and the clubs changing status in the league season-on-season.

Without justifying the aparent extreme management changes at Cagliari, is a more regular replacement of the coach more acceptable under a structure where Tony Carr and Gianluca Nani are as important as the tactician?
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

I've still plumped for G & S.......although this part ownership thing bothers me.

Intermarket? Unless I've missed something they're still looking down the back of the sofa for the money aren't they?
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

I voted Intermarket. No solid reason-maybe the lesser of all evils, though that's going a tad far

I'm basing my views on nothing much really. Just gut feelings, based on what I read on here, as well as what the papers have to say (which varies wildly depending which you read-it seems at least one paper is claiming victory for each of the candidates, so most of which has to be counted as bull****)

I can't remember who I voted for last time, or if I even voted

As I see it - my gut feelings
G&S - not really against them, do kind of like them, and feel that they would provide stability, even if it is just to stop us going backwards. But as the puffins will still be on board in some way, were they to win, no thanks

TF - I do kind of feel positive about him. West Ham fan, seems like a smiley chap, obviously done okay in previous business ventures. Must admit his twattering puts me off. I guess he'd be my second choice

Intermarket - gut feeling says they are the best option, not for any concrete reason. Rumours only, but seem to be well backed, and maybe by some with a bit of love for West Ham

Italian geezer - no thanks. Gut feeling screams DODGY, for no discernable reason. His shades hardly help. His track record seems okay, but where will his money come from? Have visions of henchmen, horses heads under pillows....Don't see how knowing Zola makes the blindest bit of difference. Managers tend to come and go a lot quicker than chairmen. Whilst I appreciate a bit of Italian input, in terms of Zola's ideas, I don't want us to become too Italian

TPP - Not convinced he'll be able to get us to the CL in 5 years or less, so no thanks :wink:
Last edited by Hambrosia Stu on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Gold and Sullivan. Better the devil you know and all that...
beckton

Post by beckton »

I can't understand why Intermarket are so popular when they still after all this time seem to be struggling to get their act together and we still don't know who the backers are.
Kent Bubble Blower

Post by Kent Bubble Blower »

beckton wrote:I can't understand why Intermarket are so popular when they still after all this time seem to be struggling to get their act together and we still don't know who the backers are.
I quesioned this on the previous page. The answer was "hope", apparently!
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Name me an Italian club without a revolving door policy...

Zola will be safe as houses, unless we end up in real relegation trouble.

Most clubs over here are the same anyway...how many managers have Sunderland had in the last 10 years for example? Or even Tottenham.

I'm sure coming here he'd have to understand that our club is slightly different.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

I voted none. I'm undecided about Intermarket and the Italian - lack of information.

Not at all enamoured with Fernandes. He Twitters.
10 Iron

Post by 10 Iron »

G&S for me, they have got the T-shirt, Too many fingers in the ITM pie, Fernandes, F1 or us!
No Mafia thanks. :asleep:
FDiMcA
teh

Post by FDiMcA »

David Gold & David Sullivan 16% of all options
Tony Fernandes 27%
Intermarket 45%
Total 88%

---------
If you ignore the others and just look at these 3 poular options Inter have 51%

A majority of the popular vote
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 225 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

I voted G&S...Not that I'm that fussed but if pressed to make a choice (and obviously you have to vote don't ya?) I'd go for the known entity.

The big money days of football must surely come to an end and when that happens any club that has based it's financial position on loans is going to be faced with crisis. G&S seem to want to run the club on proven business model, they have the money in their own pockets and have experience of running a club and have been successful at it, we simply don't know enough about the rest of the bidders to make a decision for/against them.
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

FDiMcA wrote:If you ignore the others and just look at these 3 poular options Inter have 51%

A majority of the popular vote
Why not ignore everyone apart from Intermarket? An absolute majority of 100%. Can't argue with that.

Maybe G&S, possibly the Italian chap. I'm bored of amateurs, I want some experience.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Cellino is hardly an unknown though is he? He's a chairman of another football club :lol:.

It's not like he doesn't know how to run one. For me TF would be the worst...I can just see us going round in one big circle. Intermarket are all mouth and no action by the looks of things. One of us might as well bid £100m worth of thin air.

G&S or Cellino would be the better options IMO. Both know how to run a football club, neither have to really prove funds...neither have had a history of financial problems at their football club.
munichhammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by munichhammer »

On gut feeling in order of preference.

1: TF
2: Intermarket
3: The Italian Fella
4: G&S
FDiMcA
teh

Post by FDiMcA »

QuintonNimoy wrote: Why not ignore everyone apart from Intermarket? An absolute majority of 100%. Can't argue with that.

Maybe G&S, possibly the Italian chap. I'm bored of amateurs, I want some experience.
Im sat here like Uri Geller :shock: staring at G&S 16% willing it down to single figures.
I feel we need a new poll that ignores G&S but embraces everyone else. An aboslute minority of 0%
FDiMcA
teh

Post by FDiMcA »

Ha 15% c'mon join in

:shock:
10 Iron

Post by 10 Iron »

Just received a phone call, been made an offer i cannot refuse 8-) (somthing about a horses head and bed or something) changed my mind and going for the Italian now.
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:For me TF would be the worst...I can just see us going round in one big circle. Intermarket are all mouth and no action by the looks of things. One of us might as well bid £100m worth of thin air.
It's like having children dealing with amateur owners. You have to be so patient while they learn, at your expense, and forgive them so many mistakes.

Who better than a strong Sardinian to rule us like his personal fiefdom? I'm tempted to go Chellino. Why not?
One Peter Butler
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 207 likes

Post by One Peter Butler »

G&S
Tommy Taylor's Jockstrap

Post by Tommy Taylor's Jockstrap »

Intermarket forme, just ****ing hurry up and get on with it you bastards.