Our future manager is... Avram Grant

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Beatle Hammer

Re: Steve Coppell

Post by Beatle Hammer »

If (when) Zola goes, Coppell would be an excellent choice IMHO.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

cheers for the info Chalks :thup:

if we stay up would like hughes
if we go down would like billy davies

would not be disappointed to see coppell get the job though
would also happily take back curbs or pardew

don't want us anywhere near hoddle, bilic, mcclaren or di canio I'm afraid
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

Looks like i'm me own but i'd rather Zola stay than Coppell come in. Don't think he could hack it once a few results go against him and the fans get on his back. I just don't see him as a West Ham manager.

Hughes won't come, I reckon he is hanging round for the Newcastle job when they come up. Wait for Hughton to screw up after a few games and then Hughes in. Can't see him wanting to come to us either.
Junco Partner
Location: Paquetta, he's played it through...and Bowen's in...ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!"
Has liked: 552 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Junco Partner »

I'd rather we remained a PL side with Zola staying and getting a chance to build his team with some decent money to spend in the summer window, I don't think that's going ot happen though as it seems our owners have marked his card from day one.

Now Mowbray has been given the flick by Celtic I'd be happy to see him takeover next year especially if we're in the Championship. The guys a good manager who believes strongly in attacking football and has a record of developing young talent.

Coppell would do as well, a talented and loyal manager. Hoddle.....meh.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Coppell is a good manager but personally, I'd go for Bilic. He has little track record in club football but he does know West Ham and he has a bit of a spark about him, a bit of an edge that Zola just doesn't have.

I also think we would attract better players with Bilic than Coppell.

1. Bilic
2. Hughes
3. Coppell

for me anyway...
happydaystoytown
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 99 likes

Post by happydaystoytown »

I would have no problem at all with Coppell being appointed for the long term, he could be just what we need.
Some quiet, low profile rebuilding and stability, whether in the prem or not, is needed. He's experienced, has done some very good work within tight budgets, Brentford, Reading, etc. and seems to go about his business in a very professional, unassuming way. Despite the odd blip, which can happen if your careers long enough, look at the currently much lauded Roy Hodgson.

Will he be able to work with G & S, the interfering and constant statements in the media, also the pressure of a very demanding crowd, that is the question. He does seem the sensitive, emotional sort and will "walk" if he's not happy.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

I reckon Coppell would be a fairly agreeable choice from a PR point of view. Decent bloke, experienced & not dissimilar to previous styles of managers under Gullivan at Brum.

I'd be happy enough with him, I'd sort of like to see Billic in the hotseat too though.. I just think he'd be a very very interesting manager at West Ham. But Coppell would be a good solid shout - His Reading team played decent football the year they were promoted.
Hammer81

Post by Hammer81 »

Good Championship manager.
Billi Bollox
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Billi Bollox »

Puff Daddy wrote:Oh honestly mate. If you think Zola aint got the tactical nouse to manage at this level, you are not seriously suggesting a guy who has only ever managed Brentford and Milton Keynes Dons has are you ? I 've seen some ridiculous posts, but that has to be up there with some of the most ridiculous. If Incey didn't have it, this guy most certainly hasn't. I would rather we had Neil Warnock to him and before I receive the bombardment of abuse for this, ask yourselves just one question ? Do you think he would tolerate the current ineptitude we are experiencing form the players ? No way, he would tell the players in no uncertain terms what will be expected of them and that they had better deliver too. Furthermore, I bet he would get us the required results we need to stay in this league and I for one, would feel a lot more confident about our chances of achieving that right now if he were, and if you are honest with yourselves you know he will too
How do you know he hasnt got the tactical nouse to manage at the highest levels, he is unproven! One thing he is though is 'West ham' and knows what it means to play for us. At this stage of the season its not tactical nouse that decides results (although it certainly contributes) its commitment, passion and getting the players to play as a team (making us hard to beat), something we havent done for some time under zola. All i see are a bunch of shrinking violets out on the pitch thesedays, with very little communication. One thing about mad dog is that i very much doubt he lacks the passion, committment etc.

As for comparisons to Ince....Ince isn't west ham through and through (he is a arrogant twat who bigs himself up non-stop).
Warnock being a good choice, im far from convinced, he messed up a far better situation with our friends from up north. And is he capable of motivating players, all i ever see is him moaning about supposedly bad referee decisions. (that makes me think he is trying to cover up his own failings).

As for my post being ridiculous, thats your opinion, but then opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.......
Side of Ham

Post by Side of Ham »

Hahahahahahaha..... is this our Dowie thread? :D

If there was a premier league table for support i wonder where we would be in that league? :think:

Our stats would possibly be....

Noise levels -10
Actual Encouragement for the team -30
Negativity +95
Attendance -15
Back Stabbing +22
All round summary:
Totally in sync with first team performances.

If their not fit to wear the shirt, Zola's not up to it, the owners who pulled us out of the **** are too mouthy, it is all because we set the tone, and we are a right bunch of moany c*nts and really, really do deserve to go down.

If only you realized how 'Tottenham' all you turn coats sound.

Do you lot of moaners actually think you are contributing to saving our Sky League necks?
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Good shout Side Of Ham.

I thought that the other night when I could hear the Ludo song going round. Should be getting behind the team more rather than ex players.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Any one of the many thousands who went to the cup replay at Boro last season knows what a total fallacy side of ham's post is.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I agree with some of Sides comments, but ooh look, that Ludo song is one of the best chants we have, he served our club fantastically well, I'm still unsure of why he left/got sacked? But singing that song imo is no way having a pop at the establishment/Zola :|

At least we were singing and loud for a change, the atmosphere at the start of the horror show Tuesday was the best it's been for a while. I agree the atmosphere has been crap (except Millwank and away from home on the few times I have been this season) so can't see a problem on the Ludo song. Over land and sea, Ludo, Bubbles, etc I want to hear all of them on Saturday sung loud and proud, which I am sure they will be, the vast majority of us are still behind the badge and will remain so, tis built into us soppy tarts after all :thup:
Wade

Post by Wade »

I take it this isnt happening since Zola has said he will not quit
ooh look who it is

Clacton-ammer wrote:I agree with some of Sides comments, but ooh look, that Ludo song is one of the best chants we have, he served our club fantastically well, I'm still unsure of why he left/got sacked? But singing that song imo is no way having a pop at the establishment/Zola :|

At least we were singing and loud for a change, the atmosphere at the start of the horror show Tuesday was the best it's been for a while. I agree the atmosphere has been crap (except Millwank and away from home on the few times I have been this season) so can't see a problem on the Ludo song. Over land and sea, Ludo, Bubbles, etc I want to hear all of them on Saturday sung loud and proud, which I am sure they will be, the vast majority of us are still behind the badge and will remain so, tis built into us soppy tarts after all :thup:
I agree with what you are saying but think the singing should be aimed at current players to get behind them rather than a sacked/resigned coach. To be fair what current player has a decent song about them? So that could be a valid argument.

Songs about former stars should be left till end of the season like songs like One McAvennie, John Moncur etc etc.

In general most of the songs are about Chelsea's blue flag. We don't have much variety to be fair anymore. Well maybe away from home.

Sorry seemed to have drifted totally off topic. Back on topic I want Zola to stay even if we go down and try and build something and think he will be a decent enough manager in time who will hopefully repay us with a trophy.
Side of Ham

Post by Side of Ham »

KIALOS wrote:Any one of the many thousands who went to the cup replay at Boro last season knows what a total fallacy side of ham's post is.
That was last season though, try and say the same for this one, this season it's been a piece of piss to get tickets away to Tottenham & Arsenal, and they were gold dust in the past. Now all the mindset is, is give 'em what 10 mins? then start on them and soon after ex Chelsea man (yawn) Zola. All we now sing permanently is all those Chelsea slag off songs that just makes us sound bitter.

I remember plenty of "Boro" away cup replay performances over the years, Oldham? We want 7? Luton? When we got done by Scotty Oakes the son of one of the Showaddywaddy band members, Stockport? Dowiesown goal that put him on -1. Surely this list goes on and on, and on and on at nearly all other clubs, that's football.

Out of Burnley, Hull, Wolves & Us who's support now comes across as moany reactionary c*nts, and who's support has had more
than it's fair share of opportunities in our wonderful top flight the Sky League? How many other clubs would take what we've had over the years compared to their clubs........ what about a round figure of 70 for starters?

Moping and sulking, that's what we are doing, giving the CLUB our support...... f*ck right off, and f*ck the money we've laid out or the time spent, because we all know that we would have all spunked it on something far more mundane and not even have any memories of what we'd spunked it on or who we'd spunked it with.

West Ham has made me really good friends, has made me stand out from the crowd and also made me envied, not for the f*cking football played though or the silverware, NO,but it's been because of US and our one time now long gone fanatical nutty support!!!!

Stubborn is what we was, backs to the wall is what we have always been, now we are just resigned to the outcome, without putting up a stand.

It's all fallacy though, isn't it :thup:
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

The guy loves a drink BTW I saw him anhilaited last year (not that that matters)
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

[
How do you know he hasnt got the tactical nouse to manage at the highest levels, he is unproven! One thing he is though is 'West ham' and knows what it means to play for us. At this stage of the season its not tactical nouse that decides results (although it certainly contributes) its commitment, passion and getting the players to play as a team (making us hard to beat), something we havent done for some time under zola. All i see are a bunch of shrinking violets out on the pitch thesedays, with very little communication. One thing about mad dog is that i very much doubt he lacks the passion, committment etc.

As for comparisons to Ince....Ince isn't west ham through and through (he is a arrogant twat who bigs himself up non-stop).
Warnock being a good choice, im far from convinced, he messed up a far better situation with our friends from up north. And is he capable of motivating players, all i ever see is him moaning about supposedly bad referee decisions. (that makes me think he is trying to cover up his own failings).

As for my post being ridiculous, thats your opinion, but then opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.......[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think his last managerial post was at Cheltenham Town. Don't know what his win ratio was but it couldn't have been that impressive since he got booted out of there too. That must tell you enough about his managerial prowess.
Welling

Post by Welling »

How about Brucie as manager.

He could shout out from the technical area "Good Game, Good Game" and "What do points make?"

If that don't motivate them I don't know what will!

:lol:
Northammer
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Who's our next manager? (if, of course)

Post by Northammer »

I truly hope Mark Hughes stays far, far away...

Other than that, I'm not really sure - how bad is Tony Mowbray?