Everton 2 West Ham Utd 2 (04/04/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Me ol china

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Me ol china »

That 2nd half was as good as we have been for a good few weeks, plenty of good performances & Parker was different class

Spector & Mido are just not good enough & it's not through a lack of trying but Spector is becoming a liability with his mistakes & Mido just doesn't pose enough of a threat up front, Cole has been disappointing since returning from injury & we need our big players now more than ever
Ironsironsirons

Post by Ironsironsirons »

Spector is unlucky in the sense that every mistake he makes is punished with a goal where as it seems others get lucky but at left back Daprela over him seems to be the way. A point away at the most in form team in the league is frustrating because it proves we are actually good enough to be a lot higher in the league. Anyway let's get behind the boys v the new age bling boys (Anton,Bent,Richardson,Campbell) because without Scotty P we are definately going to need that fight from somewhere.

COYI :crest: Happy Hammer today - Faubert oh thats a great ball ILLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN! :raver:
Groping

Post by Groping »

Great result, at last, deserved a point.

GREEN 6 - nothing to do apart from pick the ball out the onion bag twice. Maybe could have charged out for the 1st goal when Spector's header looped up.
SPECTOR 4- ****ing useless. Plays everywhere, badly! Not his fault for playing out of position but my god, this useless ******** plays every week.
DA COSTA - 7 won a lot of headers, kept Saha and Cahill quiet and scored. Was lucky not to concede a penalty. Great goal.
UPSON 5 - for an England player going to the WC, looked decidedly average. Poor distribution, partially at fault for both goals as well.
FAUBERT 6 - one of his better games, which aint hard. Some awful decision making, again partially at fault for 1st goal but made up for it with his best ever cross for the 2nd.
NOBLE 6 - out of postion, strange choice to play him on the left and looked lost in the 1st half. Better 2nd half and unlucky with shot against bar.
KOVAC 6 - quiet 1st half but better 2nd. More involved, some timely challenges and with Parker held the midfield together.
PARKER 8 - again superb, puts in 100% every week, unlike others. It also goes unoticed some of his passing is superb. Lack of fitness and injuries over the years have stopped him being a really great player.
STANISLAS 5 - better 2nd half but still needs to read the game in the sense of making the right decisions. Still not sure whether or not he will make it as a good Premier player.
MIDO 4 - gives it everything but so would I. As a long as I have a hole in my arse he will never score for us. Overweight, clumsy and technically not very good. Quite how he got to take the pen sums up Upson's ineptness as a captain. Both Cole and Noble have both scored pens for us.
COLE 7 -quiet 1st half but isolated, did well to win pen, why wasnt Distin sent off? Better 2nd like most, held the ball up . Couple of poor left footed efforts but looks like he is struggling with a long term injury.
ILAN - 8 What a goal. Has done nothing since he has been here but score 2 goals. This one may keep us up though. :crest:
Hammer_Blow

Post by Hammer_Blow »

Whether we stay up or go down Scott Parker should be our capitano. (Thats if we keep hold of him) He shows drive and quality needed for a leader compared to Upson. He isnt scared of anyone thats put in front of him and gives it his all. Matty Upson isnt vocal enough for me on the pitch.
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

Gash 1st half. Decent 2nd half.

In a way, we were lucky that Everton were so gash today. Just as we were against Brum and Hull at our gaff. Yet again, we've only picked up a decent result when the opposition hasn't really turned up against us, which still really worries me.

The point will mean nothing if we turn up against Sunderland next week and play like a bunch of c****.

They've given me a slight bit of hope today, as I thought we were dead and buried. So roll on the Sunderland.
17 years of hurt
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by 17 years of hurt »

At least we showed a bit of b*llocks today. After their second it didn't look good, but we finally showed some character that had been lacking recently.

As for our fans today, what can u say? Second to no
one in this league on that showing. My voice is still hoarse.....
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

Tel The Hammer wrote:Gash 1st half. Decent 2nd half.

In a way, we were lucky that Everton were so gash today. Just as we were against Brum and Hull at our gaff. Yet again, we've only picked up a decent result when the opposition hasn't really turned up against us, which still really worries me.

The point will mean nothing if we turn up against Sunderland next week and play like a bunch of c***s.

They've given me a slight bit of hope today, as I thought we were dead and buried. So roll on the Sunderland.
I think we made Everton look as average as they were today.

They did however, miss Felliani and Afteta.
ads78
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by ads78 »

Just got back from the pub, lots of positives, great support from the travelling hammers as always, great performance from Scotty as always, excellent 2nd half response and great 2nd goal - what a cross from Faubert. Thought Da Costa looked good - not only getting a goal, but putting in at least one great block against Saha and won everything in the air. Upson still looked under par and as if he is already on his way.....

Think Daprela needs to start at LB next game unless Illunga is fit, and Ilan/McCarthy ahead of Mido unles the General is fit.

Would like to see against Sunderland:

Green

Faubert Da Costa Upson Illunga/Daprela

Behrami Parker Noble Stanislas

Cole Franco/Ilan/McCarthy
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Jarvo »

Hammer_Chicadee wrote:Our fans today were absolutely amazing.
I swear I heard Claret and Blue Army being chanted for the entire second half, a great effort by the travelling support :thup:
Last edited by Jarvo on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Jarvo »

ads78 wrote:Would like to see against Sunderland:

Green

Faubert Da Costa Upson Illunga/Daprela

Behrami Parker Noble Stanislas

Cole Franco/Ilan/McCarthy
Parker is banned for the next 2 games - think our best option is Kovac for Parker ... :|
Welsh Iron

Post by Welsh Iron »

What more is there to say thats hasn't been said?.

If only Mido had have let Noble take the penalty, who knows? We could have had all 3 points.

Am I the only one that portions part of the blame for their second on Upson? He was the wrong side of the attacker which allowed a free header.

Parker was yet again leading by example. Noble at left back was a strange one but his surging run up the middle forced the corner which led to our first equaliser. He was unlucky to hit the bar too.

Our traveling fans were absolutely awesome today. My hat is off to each and everyone of them. Their non stop singing throughout the game put the bin dippers to shame. To see so many women joining in with the Claret & Blue Army chant was superb.

We're NOT going down. I just know it.

:crest:
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

I was proud of the team today; we fought for our survival and showed at last, the passion, desire and guts to do it. It's been a while coming....but we saw it in our performance today - well done the lads and Zola.

What a goal, our second....take a bow Mssrs Faubert and Ilan, definitely a main contender for goal of the month, superb.

A massive hats off to our away support again....you were tremendous.

The loss of Scott Parker is a setback, but one that he has been walking a tightrope with. We can beat Sunderland without him....and dare I say, even contemplate grabbing a point at Anfield. More of the same lads. :crest:
Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

Groping wrote:....
SPECTOR 4- f***ing useless. Plays everywhere, badly! Not his fault for playing out of position but my god, this useless ******** plays every week.
A reasoned and fair assessment... except how you gave him an over generous "4" I don't know :evil: minus 4 maybe!

Either put the Swiss kid in or kit Illunga out like Steven Hawking

Go 'Gadget' Go! - anywhere, please, just ************* go!
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Trust me we were not that different from previous weeks, as S.Parker said in the post match interview "We had a bit of luck"

Who played better?

Faubert was a tad up on his usual game,but no one else.

We were due a good performance and the opposition allowed us to get one.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

[quote="Groping"]Great result, at last, deserved a point.

UPSON 5 - for an England player going to the WC, looked decidedly average. Poor distribution, partially at fault for both goals as well.
MIDO 4 - gives it everything but so would I. As a long as I have a hole in my arse he will never score for us. Overweight, clumsy and technically not very good. Quite how he got to take the pen sums up Upson's ineptness as a captain. Both Cole and Noble have both scored pens for us.

Good points Groping
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

No complaints from me.....I thought we'd get a 3-0 spanking up there so I'm well happy with that.

I can't fathom though why Daprela comes in does well......and ends up out of the side again? :eh:

Great cross from Faubert.....if only he could do that more often.
Earl K

Post by Earl K »

A great team result, whether Everton turned-up or not, and worthy of all the travelling West Ham fans.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

http://theoriginalwinger.com/2010-04-04 ... remiership" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That 2nd goal. ****ing hell, I scared the **** out of my cat celebrating that :lol:
COYI

Post by COYI »

Completely different performances either side of half time.

Where was the midfield in the first half? Apart from Parker the other 3 were passengers. Shame individual mistakes cost us the goals, sums our season up really.

But to come back twice against a team who have won the last 7 at home shows the sort of character and spirit we need. If only Mido hadn't been so blasé with the penalty we could have had 3 points, saying that, 1 is enough for me against a team like Everton.

Parker was again MOTM and will be HOTY, shame he's suspended now.

We can build on this performance.

COYI
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

What is the difficult about taking a penalty ? Why can't our penalty takers just take a good run up, put their ****ing foot through the ****ing ball and ****ing blast it as hard as they ****ing well can ? If the keeper saves it, he saves it, and all credit to him, but surely on most occasions he won't? I can't see the difficulty with this. Mido's pathetic effort this afternoon was awful, an apology of a penalty. I kid you not, even at my age, I would have made a better fist of it than he did