Everton 2 West Ham Utd 2 (04/04/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Green Man
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by The Green Man »

last.caress wrote:Just noticed that the original poster predicted 2-2. Good bit of Mystic Meggary, that. :thup:
Athangyew! Wish I'd had a few quid on it like a couple posters on here. :D

Good result, without a few of Spectors cock ups and without an Egyptian taking the penalty (****ing shocking effort.. why don't you just lace penalties..) we may well of nicked more than a point. Everton looked pretty bereft of ideas without Arteta and Fellaini. As others have said if we play shat against Sunderland this point means f*** all..

Roll on Sunderland! :raver:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

HammerMan2004 wrote:http://theoriginalwinger.com/2010-04-04 ... remiership" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That 2nd goal. f***ing hell, I scared the sh*t out of my cat celebrating that :lol:

:thup: :D That's the West Ham way mate.
barlimanrob
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by barlimanrob »

Parker is banned for the next 2 games - think our best option is Kovac for Parker ... :|
:arry:
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

can anyone tell me where Diamante was?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Just got back from a long old drive .

An excellent second half display saw us pick up a much needed and deserved point .To come from behind twice , especially after seeing us fail to convert a penalty was a very creditable performance .

Cole , Parker, Noble, Da Costa , Faubert all put in good shifts , but perhaps the difference today was the absolutely marvellous travelling support .

Easter Sunday , trains up the spout, busy roads , and 0 points from 18 saw a terrific turnout from the away lads who out sung the toffees throughout the entire second half and gave the players the boost they needed despite being behind at the turn .

Boleyn attendees - take note .The players respond to positive support .

Coles best game in a while, and Parker was Parker .

Much much better, 2 wins from the last 5 should be enough , FWIW I think we'll get 3 .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

hornsey wrote:can anyone tell me where Diamante was?
Left him at home .
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

really PP why?
surely he would've banged that Pen in.
Israeli_Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Israeli_Hammer »

First of all hats off to those who were up there today - different class! Don't think there was a single moment Everton weren't outsung all afternoon, even straight after what seemed to b a sucker punch in the 85th minute! F**king amazing support! Your'e an absolute credit to this club! :crest:

Only West Ham can lose must win games vs Bolton, Wolves and Stoke at home, fall to a 6 lose run and manage such a spirited performance away to one of the hottest form teams, who were on a 7 win run at home! That second half was a joy to watch, the players were playing as if their lives were on the line, really reminds me of the Spurs game in the great escape in terms of the sudden rise of energy levels, only this time we had enough character to take something out of the game. I really think this is the game that's gonna change our season...

God knows why Mido took the penalty - was obvious he was gonna f*** it up. Doesn't run, doesn't put any pressure on the defenders, looks heartless. Should have at least fired an effort on target.. that penalty was a disgrace for a player who's playing for a club who's fighting for survival..get rid and quickly..

Yes, you can blame Spector for the goals, but he's not a left back, and he does give it his all. I would rather play Daprela, but won't pass any criticism on Johnny..

Noble was non existent in the first half, but as he got going in the second, we looked like a different team. Had one brilliant effort denied by the crossbar, and delivered a great corner to set Da Costa up. He's going to be vital when Parkers gone. Parker - for me this guy is the first true West Ham legend since Julian Dicks and Tony Cottee. Performances like today make him much more than just a cult hero. Will be much missed vs Sunderland.. Kovac was one of the main reasons why we started winning those 50\50's in the middle of the park. Fair play to him. Stanislas could have won us the game, showed some good pace and clever through balls. Should start on Saturday regardless to Valon's injury.

Da Costa's goal was pure desire - I love this guy! Could be this season's Elliot Ward who comes in late and changes the season for us. Loves his reaction - really cares! The Ilan goal was brilliant - the cross by Faubert was the best you'd ever see, the diving header was just as good - got me screaming my head off!

I have no doubt in my ming that if it wasn't for the amazing support up there we would have never pulled back twice. Away support is definately MoM.

That's character, that's a team effort, that's the West Ham I love, keep it like that and we'll be fine :thup: .

COME ON YOU IRONS!! ROLL ON SATURDAY!!
:D
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Strange how you get a result with a right winger on the right wing isn't it. He just needs to learn to play a left footer at left back and we might get somewhere. Too many players ****ing about on the ball because they are on their wrong foot. Today is just what we needed. A scrappy point to give a bit of belief.
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

Wonderful support, thanks, that rolling united seems a winner whenever the energy is found for it.

Tried to watch with a resigned attitude but fail miserably, real rollercoster stuff.

Team spirit seemed evident, perhaps that dinner done its part, captain is trying his part but the tension gets to them all.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Da Costa:

Keep watching his goal and still can't see how he scored it.
Keep watching that challenge and still can't see how we got away with it.

This game was the 'Ewood away' that sparked the last charge to safety.
Me ol china

Post by Me ol china »

the pink palermo wrote:Just got back from a long old drive .

Coles best game in a while, and Parker was Parker .

Much much better, 2 wins from the last 5 should be enough , FWIW I think we'll get 3 .
I am Cole's biggest fan but i didn't think he was great today, his strongest part of his game in my opinion is his strength & hold up play but he has not looked the same to me since he returned from injury...he lost the ball a bit too easily for me

As for Parker he was immense but then what else do we expect from him, the man is so consistently good i am amazed that he has never had a cap under Capello
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

Me ol china wrote:Cole....he lost the ball a bit too easily for me
yeah usualy when alone up top surrounded by 5 everton players

he reminds me slightly of Crouch in that you think with those long legs he can't control the ball, but to my eye he could be classed as one of if not the best int the team

glasses I know....
Last edited by dapablo on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Essex bill

Post by Essex bill »

That felt so ****ing good to celebrate a couple of goals... :raver:

Couldn't get the game off work so had to make do with 5Lives commentary. When Ilan netted that equaliser I went dancing around the car park screaming my ****ing nuts off!

I needed that! :lol:
EastEndIRON
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by EastEndIRON »

Take that Cahill you ****!
:crest:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

really ****ing enjoyed that. Knew the 1st goal was going to go in even before the corner was taken. As said to the dude next to me in the pub, eh Steve!? ;)

This will mean sod all unless we keep it up next week.

Coyi! :D
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

Puff Daddy wrote:What is the difficult about taking a penalty ? Why can't our penalty takers just take a good run up, put their f***ing foot through the f***ing ball and f***ing blast it as hard as they f***ing well can ? If the keeper saves it, he saves it, and all credit to him, but surely on most occasions he won't? I can't see the difficulty with this. Mido's pathetic effort this afternoon was awful, an apology of a penalty. I kid you not, even at my age, I would have made a better fist of it than he did

Yep. If you hit it hard enough even if the keeper gets a hand to the ball it either still goes in or bounces back out to you for a tap in. I felt sorry for Mido as I don't think he should have been taking the penalties as a new arrival and missing a sitter last week meant there was a lot of pressure on him. Poor planning really. I'm glad that we finally put someone on the keeper for set pieces now though and Mido was doing a good job of unsettling their keeper. Shame about Parker being out for next two games especially with Behrami possibly out too. But this must give them a massive lift and some needed belief.
hammer_sandwich

Post by hammer_sandwich »

Dannyboylister wrote:Strange how you get a result with a right winger on the right wing isn't it. He just needs to learn to play a left footer at left back and we might get somewhere. Too many players f***ing about on the ball because they are on their wrong foot. Today is just what we needed. A scrappy point to give a bit of belief.
Not to be picky but we certainly didn't get a result today due to Stanislas. I agree with your general point though. Would strongly disagree with anyone who thought Cole was even ok today. I thought he was woeful and surely not fit. Spector was certainly at fault at the start of Evertons two goals, however, i think Upsons' defending on both was shocking. Completely flat footed for both. If Upson was half as good as James Collins he'd be an improved player. Faubert had a pretty good game, his cross for the 2nd could not be bettered anywhere in the world. Clearly the star, yet again was Parker. Absolutely immense, the diving header on the floor being a great illustration. What's also crystal clear having watched the game again, focussing on parker at the end of the first half is that his hand injury was certainly not picked up on the pitch. He has clearly punched something or someone at half-time, probably a wall. It couldn't have been Midos belly though. That couldn't hurt. The only player to be consistently substituted with indigestion. Mido actually held the ball up ok in the second half but he's clearly not fit enough at this level. Kovac also played quite well in the second half but I would hope Behrami is fit for the next two games because he's the only other player who has Parkers' energy.

Fantastic support, much better effort and hope at last.
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

thought Stan was good today- not all-conquering but he gave us creativity and pace and a threat of a shot - I think he could turn into something special - if he was at L'arse everyone would be creaming themselves
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

Anyone else think cole had a terrific 2nd half??
Thought he held up the ball well and gave us an outlet down the channels..could have got a goal if his finishing was a better but thats Carlton.

Went absolutely mental in a pub when both goals went in scaring the ***** out of an old woman eating her sunday lunch..

A someone else said in the thread it just felt so good screaming at some goals again.