Alessandro Diamanti

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

beckton

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by beckton »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: I when a topic has been exhausted when counter argument reaches desperate levels enough on a matter I have been correct on, alas:

... and with Diamanti's words of 'I'm a second striker/forward' justifying what I have been saying for months, but still remaining open to desperate semantic interpretation to some of you.... boys... I shall leave you to it...

Enjoy

It's ironic, you now accuse others of using desperate semantic interpretation when it's you that's regularly pulled people up when they've descibed Diamanti as anything but a centre forward [including Italian posters] and now he describes himself as something else you agree and claim you were correct all along.

:lol:
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

Chuck D wrote:Jon, did you find out about Brescia/Nani?
Still can't find anything saying he was announced as officially joined! More than happy to take your word for it, not like it's the most important thing in my life...
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

BAGGIOBERGKAMP wrote:childish?

look at the majority of signings

and look at what players are giving us trouble now

savio
jiminez
kovac
behrami
diamanti

plus dr 's on 400k a year and backroom staff on 300k the highest in the prem by far all friends of nani
It does seem childish that they would want to get rid of all Nani's signings even if they had something to offer.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

saludo de carlitos wrote: It does seem childish that they would want to get rid of all Nani's signings even if they had something to offer.
We finished where we finished last season because a lot of the squad last year really don't have much to offer.

Behrami runs a lot - but is pretty hopeless creatively - which for a wide player.....
Kovac is tall - but slow, poor in possession and loses his man constantly - which for a defensive midfielder.....
Jimenez and Diamanti could take a wicked set play - but games pass them by (Jimenez) or they lack a brain (Diamanti)
Da Costa - good in the air...poor in possession and has no anticipation.....

Players should have more going for them, than they have going against them.

Neill used to get slaughtered on here for his single real weakness - lack of pace - yet was a good organiser, good leader, good in the air, excellent in possession......

Upson is currently getting the butt of it as a poor captain - yet he has decent pace, is good in possession, reads the game well, is pretty good in the air...

A blended team can compensate for a player having one real flaw...but not a string of them
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

saludo de carlitos wrote:It does seem childish that they would want to get rid of all Nani's signings even if they had something to offer.
It seems childish to think that them having something to offer is enough to justify keeping them against numerous other considerations. If Grant doesn't rate them and thinks he can get better or as good for less money then that's reason enough. It's not vindictive, it's just football.
saludo de carlitos

Baggio said we wanted everything to do with Nani gone, surely that is ridiculous?. Maybe that is why DaCosta is now being frozen out. To me, it comes across as childish.
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

Not if everything he's done can be improved upon, which is quite believable. BB also said he 'raped the club', and referred to excessive expenditure everywhere. Bad contracts on mediocre players and overpaid staff are like toxic debts. We could be well advised to get rid of the lot.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

QuintonNimoy wrote:Not if everything he's done can be improved upon, which is quite believable. BB also said he 'raped the club', and referred to excessive expenditure everywhere. Bad contracts on mediocre players and overpaid staff are like toxic debts. We could be well advised to get rid of the lot.
You are Chuck D and I claim my .......whatever 5 quid relates to in terms of U.S. dollars please...

:wink:
beckton

Post by beckton »

saludo de carlitos wrote:Baggio said we wanted everything to do with Nani gone, surely that is ridiculous?. Maybe that is why DaCosta is now being frozen out. To me, it comes across as childish.

I've mentioned this before but according to last Saturdays programme Da Costa has only just returned to training after an Achilles injury.
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

saludo de carlitos wrote:Baggio said we wanted everything to do with Nani gone, surely that is ridiculous?. Maybe that is why DaCosta is now being frozen out. To me, it comes across as childish.
And you believe everything BB says?

Maybe the Italian's signings have got the hump about paying for their own chips, and stormed out?
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes

Post by JonG86 »

Chuck D wrote: And you believe everything BB says?

Maybe the Italian's signings have got the hump about paying for their own chips, and stormed out?
He does tend to make correct predictions.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Ps - Nani is at Brescia.
saludo de carlitos

Chuck D wrote:
And you believe everything BB says?

Dave reckons, he is always spot on.
beckton

Post by beckton »

JonG86 wrote: He does tend to make correct predictions.

He does seem to have good contacts, that's not to say their opinions aren't tinged with some bias.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

If it helps (which I know it wont), Diamanti gave an interview on Brescia's website saying he didn't mind where he played, striker, second striker or out wide :D
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

Chuck D wrote: And you believe everything BB says?

JonG86 wrote:He does tend to make correct predictions.
With a slant.

His "Carlton Cole and Scott Parker have the hump about being made to pay for their lunch" post should be in the hall of fame, for sure.
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Ps - Nani is at Brescia.
I'm waiting for Venice to confirm this... :wink:

I know mate, I know....
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Chuck

I remember BB and that message, I don't quite think he meant it as you've suggested.
It seems that in that thread - after various responses and criticisms - it all got a bit misinterpreted.
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

saludo de carlitos wrote: It does seem childish that they would want to get rid of all Nani's signings even if they had something to offer.
I think that you have hit the nail on the head in the last five words.
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Chuck

I remember BB and that message, I don't quite think he meant it as you've suggested.
It seems that in that thread - after various responses and criticisms - it all got a bit misinterpreted.
I know exactly what he said, and I also - through other people - know exactly what they had the hump about.

What he said was nothing like what actually happened.

I dont know what he was hoping to achieve with his post.