So own up then, who was consulted ?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Re: So own up then, who was consulted ?

Post by the pink palermo »

Edit .
Last edited by the pink palermo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2362 likes

Post by Ozza »

just thinking for one second that the Spuds bid, fell into the laps of G+S+B, if you think about it for a second, Spuds were never ever going to get the land, to propose levelling it and not having a athletics legacy was stupid, it was a non starter from day one.

BUT if we had been the only bidder, do we think for a second that the fan base would have been so silent, what was it 75% against before Spuds stuck their noses in?

Interesting stuff, defo a win win situation for our owners
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by mushy »

Bloke next door stuck his head over the garden fence and asked me what I thought the other day.
After a small period of intial shock I gave him his head back ,thanked him for his concern and gave him my opinion..
Does this count as consultation?
westhamerica
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

the pink palermo wrote:Sorry , doesn't count .You have been informed of the clubs position , not consulted .

2.5 it remains .
WHUFC Spam wrote:'If you are supportive of us making the most of this once–in–a–lifetime opportunity and would like to request a place on one of the tours we are hoping to arrange, please email and we will be pleased to send regular updates to you to keep you fully in the loop with our plans.
Not far off from Lenin's, "If you are supportive of the creation of the Cheka please show up at your closest Gulag for a quick tour and reassignment."
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Not me.

And as for them saying they have consulted us, I've been telling you for ages TPP in other discussions, they're Liars.
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

Didnt consult me... ****ers!

Oh well, Viagogo will be pleased. They'll be able to sell 30,000 seats for £20 rather then the usual 1200
beckton

Post by beckton »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:That's what he just said, Stuart. :lol:

Spot on.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Four days in , 2073 views , and still only 2.5 consultees - and they contacted the club .

My highly scientific straw poll amongst some of our travelling support yesterday revealed on my sample size of 20 people , 100 % non consultation .

Trap has posted he believes bondholders were consulted - could any bondholders - I think there are 808 of them - who post on this site confirm whether or not this was the case , and if it is the case in what form the consultation too place .

I can predict with 100% certainty the club will consult with me on whether I would like to part with £850 or so for my season ticket next season .
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

Is it really relevant anyway ?

If he didn't actualy consult more than a couple of fans so was over egging the pudding for media speak, so what.
Crackerman

Post by Crackerman »

It saddens me to report that I was in no way consulted.
Which is probably for the best.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

dapablo wrote:Is it really relevant anyway ?

If he didn't actualy consult more than a couple of fans so was over egging the pudding for media speak, so what.
Kinda like this one you mean?

Clinton has shared the story of her trip to Bosnia in 1996 with daughter Chelsea, saying that she went there because it was considered "too dangerous" for husband Bill Clinton, President at the time. (However she apparently thought it safe enough for her daughter to accompany her.)

Recounting a harrowing story of landing in a "corkscrew pattern," used by pilots to avoid enemy sniper fire, Clinton said on more than one occasion that "…I remember landing under sniper fire," and "There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

:lol:
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 364 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

I haven't been consulted either but I have been away on holiday since December so maybe there's a letter waiting on my doormat at home for me.
I'm not optimistic though: I haven't had a letter from the club since the bonds scheme.

Mind you, I haven't sent them a postcard either.
poplargeezer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by poplargeezer »

One of the biggest weapons used by Goebbels was the 'BIG LIE'

Where you create an untrue statement and repeat it with more conviction every time until everyone somehow thinks it is the truth.

There is also the concept of 'truthiness' created by the American comedian Steven Colbert - where people have the truth they want to have.

The Gullivans want to believe every is behind them and agrees wuth them, and they have told themselves often enough, and they now believe this as the 'truth'.

All very sad for West Ham fans who don't want to move to the stadium, but moreso don't want Tottenham to move into their area

That's our truth - but not the truth the Gullivans/Bardy want to recognise the existence of.
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

poplargeezer wrote:All very sad for West Ham fans who don't want to move to the stadium, but moreso don't want T*ttenham to move into their area
You play the very same game yourself speaking on behalf of thousands.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

They asked me....

I told them that I was worried that the stadium would become a white elephant after the Olympics. I also told them that in Singapore, Lord Coe made a pledge for the stadium to give birth to a legacy for athletics and sport in general. As such, I told them that whatever happens, we must keep the running track. Having assessed the plans I concluded that the sight lines were much better than old stadiums that had featured running tracks, better even than Wembley, I therefore told them that in my opinion, football and athletics could finally work in the same stadium. I also noted that the furthest seats from the pitch were closer than those at Wembley and it was therefore acceptable.

Further to this, I highlighted the importance of forging a partnership with Newham council. I felt it was important to build a strong partnership, which would see the community of Newham reap the benefits of the new stadium. As the chairmen are from this proud and vibrant community, it was only right that they give something back. In order to keep the stadium going throughout the year, I felt that we should partner with athletics organisations, a large entertainment company and perhaps even involve cricket to ensure the Summer saw the stadium used to it's full potential. I envisaged a stadium where one day a group of local children could watch Madonna, and then the next day be singing on stage at the Olympic Stadium in a youth choir.

My only hope is that they took all my suggestions on board.
Posh-Hammer

Post by Posh-Hammer »

A big fat NO!!!
m-h

Post by m-h »

Whats that other saying, perception is reality then reality is perception.

Try to understand their perception of the products or services you offer, what they think of your company.
What is reality is not half as important in marketing as a customer´s perception. That perception is the customer´s reality.

At least when you know a politician is lying to you, you know what the truth is.

So we were all consulted, in their minds.
barlimanrob
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by barlimanrob »

A 'not I,' from me Pinky.

Disappointing. A simple email was all it would've taken. I'm 100% sure they would've paid no attention to the replies but at least it would give the 'impression' of consultation. Never mind.
norfolk_hammer

Post by norfolk_hammer »

Would have rather they consulted us before appointing the 'manager', we might have had a good season.
Oops sorry, wrong thread :shock:
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Hayden wrote:They asked me....
They came to you and asked you? Are you one of G&S&B?