protest?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

southend

protest?

Post by southend »

It seems that most people on here are (understandably) against the move to the OS. It's obviously a bit late in the day now but why hasn't anything been done in terms of organising a protest?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Re: protest?

Post by Up the Junction »

southend wrote:It seems that most people on here are (understandably) against the move to the OS. It's obviously a bit late in the day now but why hasn't anything been done in terms of organising a protest?
Because they're not fella. It's already been discussed thoroughly in the OS thread/s, if you're interested in seeing why nothing took off.

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128486" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=122794" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
flysohigh
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by flysohigh »

I'm sure 15 people marching down Green St with a can of Special Brew will make them listen!

If you dont like it dont go. Simple really.
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

However you feel about the OS move, it is surely a bit late in the day to talk about a protest!
southend

Post by southend »

I just thought with all the people moaning on here about it and the disgraceful way the fans have been treated by the whole thing, getting something under way would be the logical thing to do. To swap the Boleyn for a bowl with a running track is absolutely scandulous.
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

Not to me it ain't. But each to their own....... :lol:
southend

Post by southend »

delbert wrote:Not to me it ain't. But each to their own....... :lol:
Better not complain then when the atmosphere becomes as **** as that at Brighton or Rotherham.
tonbridge iron

Post by tonbridge iron »

So,you have been a member for nearly 2 weeks now,and decide now is the time to start a revolution..?
If you were that concerned,surely you should have done something a year ago when it was first becoming a possibility we could be on the move..?
Personally....i may miss the ground,but in the 43 years i have been to the boylen i have noticed massive changes,and none for the better.
And i will not miss the hour queing up for the shuttle back to central london.
Sentiment is great,and memories will always live on,but the area is unoticable to what it was in the 70's
we are going back closer to our original ground...Did they protest when they first moved..?
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

A PROTEST , doh ...... I new I forgot something.
V-M
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

mywhufc wrote:A PROTEST , doh ...... I new I forgot something.
Do you speak for all of us?

Honest question.
delbert

Post by delbert »

southend wrote: Better not complain then when the atmosphere becomes as sh*t as that at Brighton or Rotherham.
Because the atmosphere at the Boleyn Ground at the moment is so great ? I'm old enough to remember when that ground rocked, I mean proper fuckin mental. The best efforts of today's crowds pale into nothingness compared with the old days. Seating and a less compact stadium has virtually killed the atmosphere already.....
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

mywhufc wrote:A PROTEST , doh ...... I new I forgot something.
Mate that was a joke
vmixture wrote:do you speak for all of us?

Honest question.
Mate I speak for me and anyone who wants me too. Never claimed to speak for everyone. Never had and never will.
freddies shears

Post by freddies shears »

southend wrote:It seems that most people on here are (understandably) against the move to the OS. It's obviously a bit late in the day now but why hasn't anything been done in terms of organising a protest?

I beleive it is now far to late to protest but all the things people hate about our location is exactly what i look forward to when bringing my son to watch us play. Nothing has changed in the last 20 years and who cares if it takes an hour to get to central london. What a sacrifice. True most of us no longer live around the ground but i grew up in and around the area and still love the diversity of the East End and the sight of the boleyn reminds me of my time living on the Barking road and sneaking in at half time via the exits. Poke the plastic bowl. Time will tell. I shall still go but it will not hold the love for me like the boleyn. Maybe it will for my son.
Johnny B

Post by Johnny B »

Southend, I'm with you mate on this one mate... too many cynics about these days...
must be the Tory effect, naw what I mean... F*** you jack I'm alright!!!
As for so-called memories, well the people who scribble on here and say... yeah I've got loads of memories but...
we must move on etc, etc... maybe those memories might come back and bite them on their backsides! You never know your luck in the big city... there's a long way to go until the day we take the Olympiss hole on...
and maybe in the mean time people will use their thinking gear instead of their d**** when it comes to thinking long term!
:wink:
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

freddies shears wrote:

I beleive it is now far to late to protest but all the things people hate about our location is exactly what i look forward to when bringing my son to watch us play. Nothing has changed in the last 20 years and who cares if it takes an hour to get to central london. What a sacrifice. True most of us no longer live around the ground but i grew up in and around the area and still love the diversity of the East End and the sight of the boleyn reminds me of my time living on the Barking road and sneaking in at half time via the exits. Poke the plastic bowl. Time will tell. I shall still go but it will not hold the love for me like the boleyn. Maybe it will for my son.
If you love East Ham so much, why don't you live there? Genuine question.
V-M
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

Its gonna happen.

No matter what we think or want the OS is our future.

My first child was born last weekend and to him the OS will be our home, our castle, our temple.

My home was the north bank, that went a long time ago.

No matter what mere mortals like me have to say its in the hands of the men with money.

:crest:

At least I may be able to afford to take the lil man to see the hammers now, rather than have him support someone else.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Up the Junction wrote:[
Because they're not fella. It's already been discussed thoroughly in the OS thread/s, if you're interested in seeing why nothing took off.

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128486" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=122794" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We all know the results to that poll would have been completely different had Tottenham not entered the race as no one wanted to see them move in on our patch

Most West Ham fans are against us moving to the Olymipic arena

If there would have been an option for 'Neither West Ham or Tottenham win bid' that would of been by far the preferred choice by a distance
Last edited by Yea Why Not on Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
delbert

Post by delbert »

Johnny B wrote:Southend, I'm with you mate on this one mate... too many cynics about these days...
must be the Tory effect, naw what I mean... F*** you jack I'm alright!!!
As for so-called memories, well the people who scribble on here and say... yeah I've got loads of memories but...
we must move on etc, etc... maybe those memories might come back and bite them on their backsides! You never know your luck in the big city... there's a long way to go until the day we take the Olympiss hole on...
and maybe in the mean time people will use their thinking gear instead of their d**** when it comes to thinking long term!
:wink:
Or maybe they're people who realise that memories are just that, something to be remembered. People that are looking forward to the future and not burying themselves in the past, the same people that have heard of the saying "never look a gift horse in the mouth".......
freddies shears

Post by freddies shears »

If you love East Ham so much, why don't you live there? Genuine question.[/quote]

Is was either there or Poole in Dorset where my wife come from. To be honest i would not want to live there now but love returning as a visitor which is about once a month. I love coming to watch West ham at the Boleyn but i imagine East Ham is close enough but doubt Iron Maiden still play the ruskin arms
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Ain't you a Southend United fan anyway? If so, excuse me when I say 'well what the f*** has it got to do with you?'