Barry Hearn

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Re: Does Barry Hearn merit an asterisk yet?

Post by Gormalysis »

Myron T Buttram wrote:Oh and as an aside Barry, darts isn't a f***ing sport, it's a pub game.
Premier League Darts :lol: who would ever watch it? How is it on TV? Why do people part with their hard earned money to go and watch it? Maybe it's something you need to have a beer gut to understand but I've never seen the appeal.

Can't wait for Premier League Beer Mat Flipping to make an appearance!

On topic though... Hearn is a tool!
Fare-hammer

Re: Barry Hearn

Post by Fare-hammer »

Oh dear, Mr Hearn appears to have shot himself in the foot :D How sad!

Is it just me or does anyone else think he looks like Paul O'Grady with those specs on?t
MrMum

Post by MrMum »

Listen everyone......................HE WANTS TO SELL BRISBANE ROAD TO DEVELOPERS-end of story
Maroonmachine

Post by Maroonmachine »

Fine, just sell the damn thing and leave us alone! :wink:
MEM

Post by MEM »

Reading between the lines here I reckon Hearn wrote to Spurs in private wishing them good luck with there bid. Spurs then thought great and added the letter into their bid document, along with other endorsement such as Pele's, and sent it to the Legacy Co saying not only how wonderful they think they are but just look at how wonderful our neighbours think we will be. And now the Legacy Co are shoving it back in his face saying how can you complain about West Ham moving withing "their" borough whilst wishing all the best to Spurs in their attempt to hop South-East across several boroughs to take over the Olympic Stadium. Where does the premier league rule regarding encroachment into another teams area work there with regard to Orient, clearly shot himself in the foot here.

Ok for Spurs to move to the Olympic Stadium but not West Ham
Not ok for West Ham to move closer to Orient but if we do get it the stadium then wants to move even closer to us and get a freeby at the hockey stadium.

By his argument we would never be able to build a new larger stadium in Newham and set the pricing that is right for "our" supporters.

Once a **** always a ****
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

MEM wrote:Reading between the lines here I reckon Hearn wrote to Sp*rs in private wishing them good luck with there bid. Sp*rs then thought great and added the letter into their bid document, along with other endorsement such as Pele's, and sent it to the Legacy Co saying not only how wonderful they think they are but just look at how wonderful our neighbours think we will be.
Nope he sent it to the PL himself
Premier League statement wrote: The Premier League Board has released a statement regarding a decision on the Olympic Stadium and Leyton Orient.

At the request of T*ttenham Hotspur and West Ham United the Premier League Board considered whether a prospective move to the Olympic Stadium, should either club be granted use of the site by the Olympic Park Legacy Company (OPLC), would be compliant with Premier League Rules.

In reaching its decision the Board took into account the relevant factors set out in Rule I.6.

The Board came to the decision that on balance it would be unreasonable to prevent either T*ttenham Hotspur or West Ham United from moving to the Olympic Site as long as they satisfied all of the relevant criteria stipulated by appropriate Olympic and statutory authorities.

With particular reference to Leyton Orient, full consideration was given to a letter written by its Chairman, Barry Hearn, to the Premier League prior to the Board meeting at which the decision was taken. In the letter Mr. Hearn accepted that either T*ttenham Hotspur or West Ham United would inevitably move into the Olympic Stadium while outlining his preference for T*ttenham Hotspur. Mr. Hearn enclosed a copy of a separate letter written to the T*ttenham Hotspur Chairman in which he wished him 'all success for the prospective move.'

After the Board had met and reached its decision the Premier League General Secretary wrote to Mr. Hearn informing him of its decision, the reasoning behind it and thanking him for his correspondence.

It is regrettable that Mr. Hearn is now claiming that Leyton Orient had no input into the Board's decision making process when their views, as expressed in writing at the time by Mr. Hearn, were given due consideration. Clearly the position currently being articulated by Mr. Hearn in the media is at odds with his original submission.

The League has no view on the comparative merits of T*ttenham Hotspur or West Ham United's bids. It was ultimately the responsibility of the OPLC to decide how the site would be used following the 2012 Olympic Games.

With all this in mind there is absolutely no question of the Board's decision being reviewed.
Complete idiot, how some one could be so successful and be so stupid is beyond me!
JohnnyBoy3000
Location: In a room with a picture of Karren Brady and a West Ham sock

Post by JohnnyBoy3000 »

Complete Snake.

I wish his club the worst of luck for the future.
Over 50

Post by Over 50 »

Knock Hearn all you like, but you know your Brady Bunch would do the same.
JohnnyBoy3000
Location: In a room with a picture of Karren Brady and a West Ham sock

Post by JohnnyBoy3000 »

Yes i'm sure they would happily invite a team twice the size of them, from another part of London to move in on their doorstep.

How can Hearn moan that the Premier League never consulted him or thought of Leyton Orient's interests if he openly endorsed Tottenham Hotspur for the Stadium.

Did he not realise they are a Premier League team? does he think that they will have less of an effect on his club?

Bloke's a moron, and the Premier League have mugged him right off by going public with what he actually said.
AMC1964

Post by AMC1964 »

Over 50 wrote:Knock Hearn all you like, but you know your Brady Bunch would do the same.
I don't think they would actually. I think they would have been a whole lot more savvy and up front.

You a member of L.O.F.T mate? I'd check your own fans trust website, because they have seen through your chairman's bluffing and posturing. Ripping off his own fans now...amazing.

All he wants is a Free stadium for the O's, so he can redevelop Brisbane road after he's forced through the ground purchase.

He's got some b*llocks, but they ain't clever b*llocks are they.

I do belive Brady told him to sell Brisbane Road and put up the money to buy the Hockey stadium...I doubt Barry would be so daft as that though eh...

He is a 24 carrot Cuntox who needs and will probably get a slap. He's out in public enough.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

http://www.leytonorient.com/page/NewsDe ... 92,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AMC1964

Post by AMC1964 »

oh ****ing really Barry... :lol:
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

Then you'd better had sue the PL Barry, best of luck because to have blocked either Spurs or West Ham sounds very much like a restrictive practice to me.......
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

I think what he's implying in the comment in his letter on their website is that he doesn't mind the corner shop going out of business if Sainsburys move in but not Tescos.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Mr Hearn, id like to say:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahah

lolz

Youve f*cked yourself up massively, welcoming Spuds then saying its unfair for a club to move within its own borough.

The only way Orient are going out of business is if you continue splashing the cash down your legal route instead of using it to invest in Orient, but I feel sorry if you are an Orient fan with the clown Hearn doing this to your club.
Over 50

Post by Over 50 »

Dont get me wrong, i am no fan of Hearn, but i think we all felt if a Prem club had to go to the OS we would rather Spurs as they would have no trouble filling it.
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

Over 50 wrote:Dont get me wrong, i am no fan of Hearn, but i think we all felt if a Prem club had to go to the OS we would rather Sp*rs as they would have no trouble filling it.
So you don't think having another pl club in the area to choose from would affect you at all?
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

You can explore all the avenues you want Mr Hernia but they all lead to a dead end. The guy so obviously wants a reason to close the club down and develop the rest of the ground he's just a total tool. Can safely say my 2 or 3 visits a season to the Os have now come to a stop. Not only are we going to be on your doorstep, were going to **** on it as well. Sorry for the real Os fans but your chairmans a ****
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

[quote="Francoisvander or else"]You can explore all the avenues you want Mr Hernia but they all lead to a dead end. The guy so obviously wants a reason to close the club down and develop the rest of the ground he's just a total tool. Can safely say my 2 or 3 visits a season to the Os have now come to a stop. Not only are we going to be on your doorstep, were going to sh*t on it as well. Sorry for the real Os fans but your chairmans a c***

I will not be going over there again either and I live in Waltham forest.......

Hearn on the radio this morning saying he did not want the OS becaues the NEAREST seat is 75 yards away from the pitch!!!!! :lol:

Talk about exagerate!!!!
COYI!!
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

He welcomes Tottenham then questions the rules of the league??? The league said early on they would allow Tottenham to move there. Also if they did that and allowed Tottenham to move in there then surely he would be upset they've breached their own rules again??

No of course he wouldn't and it's funny he mentions Tesco moving in next to the little corner shop who do you reckon he's in negotiations with to sell Brisbane Road to? Probably a Supermarket...