Tottenham 0 West Ham Utd 0 (19/03/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

stubbsy07

Re: T*ttenham v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by stubbsy07 »

I think we made ourselves look a bit muggy - celebrating a draw like we won the Champions League.

I did enjoy it though!
Hackney Hammer

Post by Hackney Hammer »

stubbsy07 wrote:I think we made ourselves look a bit muggy - celebrating a draw like we won the Champions League.
I probably shouldn't bit, but hey.

1. It was a local derby
2. We are in a relegation battle
3. They are Champions League quarter finalists
4. We have been beaten there each of the last 4 seasons without scoring once
5. We beat them at Upton Park earlier in the season, and a draw meant we are unbeaten against them this season
6. Taking a point off them puts a big dent in their top 4 hopes
7. More ill feeling between the two clubs since the Olympic Stadium episode.
mushy
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 833 likes

Post by mushy »

nickkarkie wrote:
Irs an easy solution, defend 20 yards higher and pressure the ball more. watch wolves, they can do it for 90 mins and they are not exactly a world class side.

all good teams basically stroll to the edge of our box unchallenged.

all footballers love having time on the ball and hate being pressurised.

if you cant see that we do this week in week out then you are blind.
Where did I say i could not see it?
I asked what you would do about it thats all.
Tell me something if its as blindingly obvious as you say and the solution is as easy as you say, then why do you think that nobody has thought of this before?
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

stubbsy07 wrote:I think we made ourselves look a bit muggy - celebrating a draw like we won the Champions League.

I did enjoy it though!
You think we'd celebrate like this if we won the Champion's League?

Mate, if we won the Champion's League I would be celebrating throughout the night.
DrVenk
Has liked: 352 likes
Total likes: 464 likes

Post by DrVenk »

Green :thup:

I wish Noble would get back to smacking his shots. He seems to dwell a bit of late and try something clever.

Great day out. Great atmosphere. Not happy with the slagging off of Cole though. ****ing ridiculous.
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Essex 'Ammer12 wrote:
Mate, if we won the Champion's League I would be celebrating throughout the night.
Through the night? :shock:

Through the week,next week,next month,next year & next X amount of years.....

How anyone can say that wasnt a 'great' performance must be taking the piss?We had chances,passed it well & defended superbly...What more do you want from a game of football?

Even if we lost 2 or 3-0 yesterday,all i ask from any West Ham side is to give 100% effort & give everything for the cause..the players did that every single one of them.

Top result
miles
This site...
Has liked: 302 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

We played better at Le Arse and got nothing. Them's the breaks indeed. Well done West Ham.
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

been there more than enough times & played them off the pitch & came away with fukkall feeling robbed, nice to see the roles reversed this tme.
Guv'nor

Post by Guv'nor »

Fought for nearly everything, and couldnt ask for anything more. Great point and effort boys. Lets keep this fighting going.
one mcavennie

Post by one mcavennie »

Was a brilliant point and we should all feel well pleased

Keep up the battling spirit and we'll be fine for sure

Well played west ham
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

I have to say - unpopular as it will be - Spurs were excellent up to the final shot. Defoe on another day would have a hatrick.

But we did the very best that our newly built side could. Competed for everything, denied them space when we could, and threw our bodies in at the last ditch.

Harrys had a couple of years, a great starting squad, and a good few bob to spend to get them where they are. We did well yesterday against a much better team.

As others have said, we've dominated games and lost before, so I'm not upset with a draw away from home against a well oiled Tottenham side.
westhamrobw

Post by westhamrobw »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great defensive performance yesterday, definatly deserved a point out of the game!
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Chuck D wrote:I have to say - unpopular as it will be - Sp*rs were excellent up to the final shot. Defoe on another day would have a hatrick.

But we did the very best that our newly built side could. Competed for everything, denied them space when we could, and threw our bodies in at the last ditch.

Harrys had a couple of years, a great starting squad, and a good few bob to spend to get them where they are. We did well yesterday against a much better team.

As others have said, we've dominated games and lost before, so I'm not upset with a draw away from home against a well oiled T*ttenham side.
Exactly Chuck, we were lucky but deserved the point for the effort put in as I've said earlier
Zola4ever

Post by Zola4ever »

very pleased with that result i thought we defended outstandingly well, Green was playing like he did a few season back, cole is ****ing **** still i dont care what anyone says the guys a ****ing donkey he had a great chance and hit it strait at the keeper so frustrating, didnt think BA had a good game today he didnt track corlocka enough for me.

Man United next at home if we can get a result there then we will be ok i think atleast were not in the relegation zone any more :raver:
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

A good summary Chuck...

My main impressions ..other than revelling in our effort and application...

Has Moderich ever had so much room? Who had the job of marking him?

We are undone by lack of pace in midfield, and without that speed the creation of a goal against a good team needs intricate passing and movement which we strive towards but rarely achieve.

Grateful Harry never tweaked his attack earlier in the second half.
UptonHammer

Post by UptonHammer »

Great result and fully deserved! Well done to the team effort, I'd give Bridge MOTM, thought he was outstanding

Give us confidence for Utd on Sat, COYI! :crest:
Dan1326
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by Dan1326 »

Zola4ever wrote:very pleased with that result i thought we defended outstandingly well, Green was playing like he did a few season back, cole is f***ing sh*t still i dont care what anyone says the guys a f***ing donkey he had a great chance and hit it strait at the keeper so frustrating, didnt think BA had a good game today he didnt track corlocka enough for me.

Man United next at home if we can get a result there then we will be ok i think atleast were not in the relegation zone any more :raver:
He was out wide, when he came into the middle he improved and was unluck with his shot, Gomes made a great save.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2903 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Romford wrote:Not seen much backing of the manager today..i thought he got it spot on :thup:
I've been away .
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

hammerdivone wrote:Exactly Chuck, we were lucky but deserved the point for the effort put in as I've said earlier
I tend to follow the ideal that you make your own luck by doing what you can do correctly, it then puts the emphasis back on the other team.

Example, Green makes a great save from the free kick, but another West Ham side, not as well drilled allows Defoe a tap in of the rebound. Jacobsen - doing the right thing - clears it, whereas other players might have been ball watching.

Lars, comfortably beaten for pace by both Lennon and Bale instead goes back to good old fashioned defending, with O'Neill doubling up as much as possible. Likewiese Bridge etc

I'd say it was professional, rather than lucky.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2903 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Watched this in a bar in NYC .

21 WHU fans, 2 spuds .

I thought we rode our luck a bit at times , but lets not kid ourselves this was a massive point .Away from home playing against a side desperately trying to engineer another season in the CL , it was a good old fashioned battling point .

A few on here questioned my sanity 3 weeks ago when I suggested a top half finish was possible - perhaps they're right , but with 6 points separating 10 teams, anything could happen .

I saw plenty of desire yesterday - Jacobsens clearance off the line following Greens save of the season for example .

15 points from a possible 30 since the turn of the year , so at that rate we will finish on 44 points. Personally , I think we'll be North of that .