West Ham Utd 1 Aston Villa 2 (16/04/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa Match Thread

Post by Hammer83 »

aLzDuDe! wrote:Upson, 'our captain' also went hiding the entire game, no commitment to win a header, I couldn't see or hear him bark orders all game and generally couldn't be bothered to even put himself about.. It is a farce that c**t is still our captain, he should have been stripped long ago.
Totally agree with this :thup:

The bloke is a wimp and has been poor for the last two season's no decent club will sign him in the summer (like he thinks)
aLzDuDe!

Post by aLzDuDe! »

[/quote][quote="Hammer83"]
The bloke is a wimp and has been poor for the last two season's no decent club will sign him in the summer (like he thinks)[/quote]

It infuriates me to think he just grabs his pay cheque, turns up, plays like a pri*k and somehow believes he will be at a good club next season, challenging for europe.. I just pray to god he turns up somewhere and ends rotting his career on the bench. He deserves nothing from his career now
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

upton o'good wrote:
4-3-3?? Granted the players swapped positions quite a bit, but taht was a 4-4-2 for me. Obinna clearly was sppsed to be playing wide not up top.

Nothings changed since Liverpool away though has it? Obinna cannot play Left Midfeild and never will.

Not once did Bridge get any help as Obinna does not come back and help out. May not have intended to be 4-3-3 but it looked like it, as we had 3 men standing on half way line with hands on their hips whenever we didn't have posession. We were so badly organised and lacked shape all day.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Just wayched MOTD and Jesus we were bad. That performance and team has relegation written all over it. Shocking in defence, weak in midfield and clueless up front, we have no chance
GideaParkHammer

Post by GideaParkHammer »

I am now pretty much of the view that formations are pointless with this shower. 4 4 2. 4 3 3. 4 5 1? None of it makes a difference when Cole is on his own up front, and the others stand around in centre midflield looking like street hookers waiting for a John.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Puff Daddy wrote:Just wayched MOTD and Jesus we were bad. That performance and team has relegation written all over it. Shocking in defence, weak in midfield and clueless up front, we have no chance

and theywere the goodpoints...:-)
Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

What Gibbens is saying is that we are an utter shambles. Grant is a bone idle chancer....I'm very upset with everyone connected with MY club at the moment (apart from my fellow suffering fans)
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by upton girlie »

Best bit of action in the stadium today was Gnome cutting up and devouring his birthday cake... :thup:

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Wow.....Gnome looks like a frog..in an ice cube..

Headbanger
GideaParkHammer

Post by GideaParkHammer »

The "50" area takes my mind back to Blue Waffle *shudder*
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

He is welcome to it ~ For some inexplicable reason, I just went off chocolate around 3 years ago and now cannot even walk down a supermarket aisle where it is stored.
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

Did anyone else see Chris Kamara running along Green Street after the game :lol: .
squatski
Massive virgin

Post by squatski »

another bad thing for me about all this is, I lost £3 in a bet with some one at my workplace that hammers would hammer villa. :thdn:
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

hawkins_hammer wrote:I'm being serious. Under Zola we at least always had a plan and the players gave everything for him. Under Zola with very few excpetions we never got battered like we did with Curbs and Grant.

Last year's team would keep possession and keep the ball away from this year's team and squeeze out a victory with an Ilan goal out of nothing and a Diamanti pen, and some poor defending from Tomkins/Faubert would gift Cole a consolation :lol:
I think you're right, the worst part is, on paper the squad this year is far far better.

So something there's not right, & a season of bewilderment & random team selection leads to it being the manager.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

bubbles1966 wrote:Au contraire.

Have a look at the table from when he got that team and where they were 3 months later with Neill, Collins and Bellamy.......

5th to 17th.

Strange as it may seem - we're in our best run of form since those halcyon days......
And there was me thinking he took over in September 2008 and we finished 9th in May 2009.

Under Zola during an 8 game period at the end of 2008/9 we won 6 drew 2 - a run Grant has got nowhere near. Grants best 8 game run has been W5 D1 L2. His current last 8 form is W3 D1 L4.
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Can i just say that that was one of the worst performances i've seen in the flesh for a long while. I'm disgusted. I said after the offside Villa goal that we would do a newcastle again, and we did. Grant is a two bob twat. What was he thinking leaving Ba on bench for all that time? Cole was well out of his depth, had a mare, as did many of the other players. What does he do? He brings a weedly Zavon Hines on who is even more out of his depth. The mans an arse. After this season up we neet to get shot of the ****. The whole squad need shooting after that. Them Villa fans are a load of lairy c**** aswell.
This sums the squad and manager up. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

Has it crossed anyone elses mind's that the home game against Sunderland may be the last ever top flight game at the Boleyn :cry: ?
squatski
Massive virgin

Post by squatski »

Essex 'Ammer12 wrote:Has it crossed anyone elses mind's that the home game against Sunderland may be the last ever top flight game at the Boleyn ?
it didn't but it has now :thdn:
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Avram's Lucky Scarf wrote:Whats this all about Collins having a blinder?

Young was their stand out player, but he wont get space like that every week.
Young was a diving, time wasting ****. A discrace.
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

That was hard to take.