Chelsea 3 West Ham Utd 0 (23/04/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Monkey Spanner

Re: Chelsea FC v West Ham United FC Match Thread

Post by Monkey Spanner »

Are we all meant to react to a situation in exactly the same way? What is this, Brave New World?
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

It's probably been said before, but it's all mind games. Why not try to f*** with Torres head a bit? "Better start looking for that villa in Spain cos I'm gonna sell you in the summer". It's the sort of **** that managers do all the time. If it had been Martin Allen or Steve Lomas or whoever in a West Ham tracksuit doing the same thing, then half of those slagging Grant off would be praising them for trying to put Torres off his game.
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

Not many teams go to Chelsea and create that many chances. The pitch was a leveller but I cant fault the application or commitment in the game …. Never a 3 – 0 score line.

Having had time to digest the day …… A couple of observations from where I was standing.

Big thumbs up to Freddie, one plus from Grants tenure has been his form. Unlucky to be left out since the window signings – to be fair to the lad he was playing well in his new wide role before getting bombed. To go up against one of the worlds best full backs and give him a proper game was heartening to see.

Our best defender this season still cant get a game …… strange.

Each year that goes by, more and more banners go up around the bridge. Really is quite laughable …… supporter groups from Malta, Slovenia, numerous cities in Ireland, Hungary, Bermuda, Russia and Norway to name but a few. Feeble attempt by Chelsea to recreate a ‘Stretford End’ with their wanky Lampard and JT banners. It’s a rolling band wagon which every **** down there seems to jump on, poor and embarrassing. Manufactured and not organically grown :thdn:

Noble gets injured and replaced by Keano, the former – an academy product who runs through brick walls doesn’t get a chorus of his name for his efforts yet his counterpart, on loan from Spurs and whom most of us have aimed abuse at in the past gets a rousing remediation of his song. It happens a lot these days in many different ways but never fails to disappoint me. Nothing like supporting your own is there ….

Would of felt better if we had been totally outplayed and got hammered …... Very pissed off but have taken heart from the performances in a funny sort of way.
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

The Sherriff wrote:Not many teams go to Chelsea and create that many chances. The pitch was a leveller but I cant fault the application or commitment in the game …. Never a 3 – 0 score line.

Having had time to digest the day …… A couple of observations from where I was standing.

Big thumbs up to Freddie, one plus from Grants tenure has been his form. Unlucky to be left out since the window signings – to be fair to the lad he was playing well in his new wide role before getting bombed. To go up against one of the worlds best full backs and give him a proper game was heartening to see.

Our best defender this season still cant get a game …… strange.

Each year that goes by, more and more banners go up around the bridge. Really is quite laughable …… supporter groups from Malta, Slovenia, numerous cities in Ireland, Hungary, Bermuda, Russia and Norway to name but a few. Feeble attempt by Chelsea to recreate a ‘Stretford End’ with their wanky Lampard and JT banners. It’s a rolling band wagon which every c*** down there seems to jump on, poor and embarrassing. Manufactured and not organically grown

Noble gets injured and replaced by Keano, the former – an academy product who runs through brick walls doesn’t get a chorus of his name for his efforts yet his counterpart, on loan from Spurs and whom most of us have aimed abuse at in the past gets a rousing remediation of his song. It happens a lot these days in many different ways but never fails to disappoint me. Nothing like supporting your own is there ….

Would of felt better if we had been totally outplayed and got hammered …... Very pissed off but have taken heart from the performances in a funny sort of way.
-
Perfect summary for me :thup:

Great to see Sears perform well, others impressed: Demba, Spector, Obinna, Bridge. Overall a good shift from us considering the opposition, light at the end of the tunnel. Keep up those performaces against lesser opposition and we could stay up with a couple of wins and a draw and a better goal difference. 17th and happy !!!!