Man City 2 West Ham Utd 1 (01/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2434 likes
Total likes: 4288 likes

Re: Man City vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by bubbles1966 »

Blackburn have played with energy and urgency all over the pitch tonight.

Centre halves haven't ball watched......the front six haven't taken it easy......

That's something we fell short on occasionally on Saturday. One or two of our regular culprits need to look at themselves.

Rocket up the arse.....
RM6

Post by RM6 »

If we had Samba instead of Upson we'd be top 8.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1273 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

For all their effort Blackburn haven't won a game since mid January.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Looks like everyone wants to play the way they slag Grant for doing every match... :think:

How many times has one upfront worked this season ?
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

Having just watched the Blackburn-Man City game, im much more confident for Sunday.
Although it all depends on what sides turn up, but if we turn up as we did against Chelsea, we'll get something. They miss alot without Tevez, maybe more so than we do without Parker. They seem very shot shy and abit powder-puff in the tackle. Obviously they are a wonderful team and pass the ball extremely well but when Blackburn got at them, they were shaky. I think the key to us getting something is going to be Sears and Ba attacking their fullbacks. Zabaleta is weak and Blackburn attacked him for fun with Olsson getting lots of joy.

Key players for them are Silva and De Jong. Silva was great as ever and their main attacking supply, he doesn't like shooting much but it could be worth man marking him with Hitz or Specs. De Jong seemed to win the midfield battle on his own so it'll take alot to get through him, which makes our wingers our most important attacking threat in this game. As someone previously said, could be worth putting someone on him like Sears to try and get him on an early yellow.

Adam Johnson, Ballotelli, Barry and Yaya Toure were pretty annonymous and hopefully they'll continue like that on Sunday.
COYI
nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

indiehammer wrote:Having just watched the Blackburn-Man City game, im much more confident for Sunday.
Although it all depends on what sides turn up, but if we turn up as we did against Chelsea, we'll get something. They miss alot without Tevez, maybe more so than we do without Parker. They seem very shot shy and abit powder-puff in the tackle. Obviously they are a wonderful team and pass the ball extremely well but when Blackburn got at them, they were shaky. I think the key to us getting something is going to be Sears and Ba attacking their fullbacks. Zabaleta is weak and Blackburn attacked him for fun with Olsson getting lots of joy.

Key players for them are Silva and De Jong. Silva was great as ever and their main attacking supply, he doesn't like shooting much but it could be worth man marking him with Hitz or Specs. De Jong seemed to win the midfield battle on his own so it'll take alot to get through him, which makes our wingers our most important attacking threat in this game. As someone previously said, could be worth putting someone on him like Sears to try and get him on an early yellow.

Adam Johnson, Ballotelli, Barry and Yaya Toure were pretty annonymous and hopefully they'll continue like that on Sunday.
COYI
Did you see the first 15 minutes with 70% possession for city, that's how it is going to be for the whole game against us, I have very little faith that we will get at them the way that Blackburn did in the second half.
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

nickkarkie wrote:Did you see the first 15 minutes with 70% possession for city, that's how it is going to be for the whole game against us, I have very little faith that we will get at them the way that Blackburn did in the second half.
Yes and i was very impressed with that but Blackburn are a VERY defence minded side. There wasn't many attacking players in blackburns squad today, if we had Benjani and Roberts upfront, would you hold any hope for controlling any part of the game? We are hugely different to Blackburn, we are set up to play on the counter, like we did so well at Chelsea. Blackburn try to control the game and pretty much failed what with the passing prowess of City. After that first 15 minutes of pure quality from City, they dropped off dramatically and got more and more defensive as the game went on. This wasn't a result of Blackburn controlling the game, City couldn't find an answer to get past the defence and they started giving the ball away cheaply.

If we matched Chelsea all over the park, why cant we do the same with City? If our posession with the form team and champions is 50/50, why would Man City have 70%?
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Perfect so far. Blackburn losing and Man City not looking great.

If we play like we did at Chelsea we'll get something from this game.

Come on.
There's been a few occasions this season where we've not played particularly well but still won the match. Good start last night but Blackburn got back in to it. One excellent substitution and we win.

To me, the football West Ham play doesn't warrant being bottom of the league. There's worse sides out there with worse squads.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1979 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

WCpete wrote:"Mario was pulled over by the police and he had £25,000 cash on the passenger seat. They asked him why and he said, 'Because I can'. He doesn't care much for authority."
:lol:

Was he wearing his glove hat?
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

prophet:marginal wrote:Mario was pulled over by the police and he had £25,000 cash on the passenger seat. They asked him why and he said, 'Because I can'. He doesn't care much for authority."

Bwahahahaahaha :thup:
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

I'm going for a 1-1, possibly 2-1 to City, eitherway we will score first.

However, if we do get 3 point's then thing's will get very interesting in our relegation campaign
Tarbs
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Tarbs »

No points = no survival

There is no way we will win our last three on the bounce, so we must get something from this game.

I think we will get well beaten, 2 or 3 nil but we will put in a decent performace with a side that knows that they really should have tried this hard at the start of the season.
stubbsy07

Post by stubbsy07 »

We have sold a third of our allocation.

900 fans? Disgraceful.
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

stubbsy07 wrote:We have sold a third of our allocation.

900 fans? Disgraceful.
Are you going then Stubbsy?

No? Didn't think so.
stubbsy07

Post by stubbsy07 »

I am indeed - as always.

Twat.

I spose you will go to Wigan as its cheap?

Yes? Thought so.
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

I will be going Man City and Wigan thank you very much. Twat
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2627 likes
Total likes: 1179 likes

Post by EvilC »

indiehammer wrote:Silva was great as ever and their main attacking supply, he doesn't like shooting much but it could be worth man marking him with Hitz or Specs.
Good job really, that shot that hit the post was superb.
stubbsy07

Post by stubbsy07 »

All I ever hear is people praising up our support, when our home support is nothing short of comical and we have sold just 900 away to Man City in the penultimate away game of the season, when even a point could be crucial.
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

btajim - mcfc wrote:
There's been a few occasions this season where we've not played particularly well but still won the match. Good start last night but Blackburn got back in to it. One excellent substitution and we win.

To me, the football West Ham play doesn't warrant being bottom of the league. There's worse sides out there with worse squads.
Quite true but dont get worse results.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2940 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

We've struggled to shift tickets for this game for a couple of years now .I remember Romford started a thread on this one last year .The lack of transport makes the decision easy for many - bank holiday weekend , never going to be a winner in terms of turnout .