Lawro at it again !

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Re: Lawro at it again !

Post by Hammer83 »

2-0?? what a ****

(He should have put 4-0 and torres will score)
THFC6061

Post by THFC6061 »

According to his predictions for the season, this would put Chelsea in 3rd place on 73 points while West Ham would be in 14th place on 34 points.

In fact, Chelsea go into the game in 2nd place on 64 points while the Hammers are in 19th place on 32 points.

Here are all of Lawros 2010-11 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if he was correct...

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Law ... 10-11.html
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

THFC6061 wrote:According to his predictions for the season, this would put Chelsea in 3rd place on 73 points while West Ham would be in 14th place on 34 points.

In fact, Chelsea go into the game in 2nd place on 64 points while the Hammers are in 19th place on 32 points.

Here are all of Lawros 2010-11 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if he was correct...

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Law ... 10-11.html
...mmm 'sfunny how in Lawro's World that all of the clubs who generally get squeezed into the last 30 seconds of MotD are at the bottom!! :lol:
johnu175

Post by johnu175 »

Lawro wrote
Man City v West Ham (1610)

When Thomas Hitzlsperger came into the team, West Ham seemed to really pick up and score goals from all angles, but they appear to have cracked now.

It's not something you can put your finger on - is it down to man-management, the tactics or what? I don't know, but something is fundamentally wrong, and with the players they've got, they should do much better. As for City, they've really got the bit between their teeth, and they'll already know how their closest rivals Tottenham have done on Saturday, which will help them.

Prediction: 2-0
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 236 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

Could someone describe Lawro to me. Forgotten how you would describe this prediction master.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

sussexhammer74 wrote:Could someone describe Lawro to me. Forgotten how you would describe this prediction master.
The biggest ****ing cuntheaded **** since ****y McCuntser won the **** ****ing contest in Cuntsville Idaho....or was it in Butte Idaho :eh:
Bromleyboy
Location: ....waiting for the lift so I can go to the next level
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Bromleyboy »

he's a ****, born a ****, always will be a **** and will die a ****. In fact if there was a **** competition, he'd come second

.....because he's a **** :D
New Jersey
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by New Jersey »

It's not something you can put your finger on - is it down to man-management, the tactics or what? I don't know, but something is fundamentally wrong, and with the players they've got, they should do much better.

Sounds like Lawro is in the Avram Out camp.
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 236 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

My thanks go to Paddy and Bromley. Most descriptive but if anyone else has anything to add please feel free. :thup:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

West Ham v Blackburn

Blackburn's victory at home to Bolton last weekend was their most important result of the season and they look strong physically having got a few players back.

West Ham - where do you start? They've got quality, you can't argue with that, but there's just something not right at the club.

For a team at the bottom of the league, they are far too easy to play against and, at the moment, too easy to beat. I know they think they've got two more winnable games after Blackburn, but they need something on Saturday.

Prediction: 2-1

Mug......... 8-)
mokum hammer

Post by mokum hammer »

2-1?
Thanks Lawro :x
johnu175

Post by johnu175 »

Lawro wrote
Wigan v West Ham (1600 BST)
West Ham just worry me - I think they waved the white flag last week when their owners David Gold and David Sullivan started talking about what relegation would mean for the club. They might find out this weekend.

I am going to go for Wigan to beat the Hammers and send them down in the process. It would mean the Latics live to fight until the last day of the season but it would obviously be the end of the road for West Ham, and in many ways it would serve them right.

Gold and Sullivan have already spoken about who would be leaving the club - all their England internationals like Scott Parker and Rob Green - but relegation might not necessarily be the end of the world, although it depends on how they react to it. It means they can make a fresh start, but the important thing for any team's finances is getting back into the top flight within a couple of years.

Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

I'm gutted that my long running thread will be no more soon :cry:
mokum hammer

Post by mokum hammer »

Hammer Laffers wrote:I'm gutted that my long running thread will be no more soon
One of the worst things about dropping into the championship - no more lawro :cry:
MonkeyHarris

Post by MonkeyHarris »

Agree with him
Paddy O'Hammer

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

We need to pretend!

Someone volunteers to be a lawro every match and make a **** of a prediction, then we can vent our anger yet again.
Paddy O'Hammer

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

johnu175 wrote:Wigan v West Ham (1600 BST)
West Ham just worry me - I think they waved the white flag last week when their owners David Gold and David Sullivan started talking about what relegation would mean for the club. They might find out this weekend.

I am going to go for Wigan to beat the Hammers and send them down in the process. It would mean the Latics live to fight until the last day of the season but it would obviously be the end of the road for West Ham, and in many ways it would serve them right.

Gold and Sullivan have already spoken about who would be leaving the club - all their England internationals like Scott Parker and Rob Green - but relegation might not necessarily be the end of the world, although it depends on how they react to it. It means they can make a fresh start, but the important thing for any team's finances is getting back into the top flight within a couple of years.

Wait a minute................he predicts we are going down..................
johnu175

Post by johnu175 »

Lawro wrote
West Ham v Sunderland
We're sick of hearing about West Ham, aren't we? They've basically become a soap opera.

We go back to the West Brom situation; their decision to change the manager has reaped its rewards, while West Ham's decision to stick with theirs has cost them their place in the Premier League.

Now, yes, it's not just down to the manager, because quite a few of the players need to take a long hard look at themselves. But I just don't see Avram Grant as a Premier League manager, I don't get it. You think: "Is there something that he does, some magic he works that we don't see?" But the answer to that for me is... no.

Managers can make such a difference in those situations - but last week was so typical of West Ham this season and sometimes you do watch them and think "oh dear".

Still, they'll go down, sort the wage bill out, sell a few on for a big profit, and then get themselves a manager who has been there and done it to get them out of a very difficult division.

Sunderland, meanwhile - as everyone knows - won the first game after Darren Bent left, but since have really struggled. They've got no strikers.

But they're safe and they'll have a long hard look at it in the summer I'm sure. I still think with the addition of two or three players they can be up there in the top half of the table.

As for this match, it would be typical of West Ham to go down with a top performance so I'm going for a home win.

scousehammerette

Post by scousehammerette »

Paddy O'Hammer wrote:
The biggest c***ing cuntheaded c*** since ****y McCuntser won the c*** c***ing contest in Cuntsville Idaho....or was it in Butte Idaho
Don't hold back now, just say what you feel. :D
Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

Lawro... what an utter spooge cup. :thdn: