West Ham Utd 1 Blackburn Rovers 1 (07/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Monkey Spanner

Re: West Ham United v Blackburn: Match Thread

Post by Monkey Spanner »

It was great to see all the kids there today although they were probably put off for life by another dire performance.
Indian Hammer

Post by Indian Hammer »

Essex 'Ammer12 wrote: Where did you hear that?

It was on tv during the game..Parker was sitting with his son and upson was behind him in the corner..
Hammer_Chicadee
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Hammer_Chicadee »

I keep thinking that if only we nabbed Roy Hodgson before West Brom did, this season could have ended very, very differently. Grant is appalling and how he has kept his job this season beggars belief.
westhamerica
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

Up the Junction wrote:Kean openly admitted in the pressie that they were targeting our left side.
Romford said as much a few days ago, too.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Hammer_Chicadee wrote:I keep thinking that if only we nabbed Roy Hodgson before West Brom did, this season could have ended very, very differently.
You can keep your Carrolls and your Torrres(isisis), that's the signing of the season for me right there :thup:
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Up the Junction wrote:Kean openly admitted in the pressie that they were targeting our left side.
westhamerica wrote: Romford said as much a few days ago, too.
if only left midfield and full back weren't the two most talked about positions that needed strenghtening at the last summer window.....i vote kumb is made the next manager and all signings and starting line ups are settled by votes on kumb :wink:
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

Good team performance today, deserved a point. The central defenders were largely impressive, particularly Da Costa. Jacobsen had a good game up and down the right flank, and the makeshift central midfield held up well. Sears was a threat until his bizarre substitution, and Spector looked more dangerous than Hitzlsperger again, until the goal. LBM had an excellent game, again before a bizarre substitution, and Cole got himself into some good positions. Ba looks naturally a cut above.

Unfortunately, the formation was wrong -- the players we had available and playing were MADE for a 4-4-2, and yet we contrived to play Ba on the wing and LBM inside. Bridge's distribution was disappointing first half, although he was an outlet during the second.

Blackburn came for a point and got it, just. We still have a chance. Win our last two games and we can relegate Wigan. Blackpool have two tricky games coming up. We are reliant on other results, to an extent, but six points would give us an excellent chance.

Chin up, hammers.
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

Indian Hammer wrote:
It was on tv during the game..Parker was sitting with his son and upson was behind him in the corner..
So who was the bloke on the touchline in the suit shouting at the team?
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

EDIT: double post.
Last edited by Essex 'Ammer12 on Sat May 07, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve209799

Post by steve209799 »

Think the fella in the shirt and tie was Kevin Keen???

MOM had to be LBM, he was the only one who would chase a player and try and win the ball.

I know i shouldn't say this, but here goes...The Ref had an absolute Shocker!!!!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

steve209799 wrote:Think the fella in the shirt and tie was Kevin Keen?
Fairly certain it was.
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

[quote="Up the Junction"]
Best player on the park today IMO.

Yeah if running around like a ****ing headless chicken giving away pointless fouls warrants best player on the park ( i hate that expression) sounds like them pundits..........IMO
Last edited by steptoe61 on Sat May 07, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HarrowInnHammer

Post by HarrowInnHammer »

steve209799 wrote:Think the fella in the shirt and tie was Kevin Keen???

MOM had to be LBM, he was the only one who would chase a player and try and win the ball.

I know i shouldn't say this, but here goes...The Ref had an absolute Shocker!!!!
Yeah the Ref got a fair old bit of stick, blowing up for half time when we were attacking inside their area was bizarre
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Just got back in what a load of second rate dross again.Took off Sears when he was the only one with any idea,Tactics seemed to consist of lumping it long to Carlton or Ba who lost out to Samba or their other lump at the back.I Accepted relegation a long time ago but thought we might have had the tactical nous to play football against them and try and make a fight of it.Horrible journey back, feel knackered. Im not going again til next season when hopefully we have some youngsters or players who know what it means to pull our shirt on.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Smonnie wrote:Chin up, hammers.
Thanks Avram. That make me feel much better
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

To be fair, it isn't through lack of trying of Boa Morte....I get the feeling that he is as frustrated as we are that he seems to have lost any skill he had when it comes to an attacking threat.

What really ****ing annoys me is against Blackburn at home last year, Samba won everything in the air....and I mean EVERYTHING.............yet all we tried today was the hoof up to Cole who was beaten probably 95% of the time.

Do we actually look at other team's strengths?

In a few weeks Avram will be gone....get his pay off and walk straight into Chelski as Roman's helicopter washer or something. He has been a complete disaster and easily our worst manager.

And where has Barrera gone? Is he even in the country still? The majority of our transfer budget wasted on two complete wastes of space in him and Reid. If they are still here in the summer, I'll eat my World cup sticker album.
Norwich Iron
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Norwich Iron »

Played totally the wrong team today. Blackburns defence are big fellas, lumping it towards Cole or Ba was never going to work. Ba and Keane should have been up front from the start with Piq wide rather than Sears who tried hard but didn't get anywhere. Thought Specs played well today and LBM put in a shift - although if he'd stayed on he'd have got himself sent off. That aside we had no idea how to break their defence down. aside from our goal that has to be Blackburn's easisest game of the season we were so inept at times. Win or bust now boys but I can't see us winning two on the trot.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Smonnie wrote:Blackburn came for a point and got it, just.
Pretty much how I saw it too. It wasn't for a lack of trying that we failed to find a second goal (or the first a bit earlier).
Norwich Iron wrote:Blackburns defence are big fellas.
Samba might be NI, but Given (who usually plays on the left) is 'only' 5'11".
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Up the Junction wrote: You can keep your Carrolls and your Torrres(isisis), that's the signing of the season for me right there
You gotta laugh. Woy, O'Neil and Fat Sam all available and mad for the job and we end up with none of them.

Only West Ham..... :lol:
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

Puff Daddy wrote:
Thanks Avram. That make me feel much better
Doesn't make me Avram, or even pro-Avram, to state that we're still in it...