West Ham Utd 0 Sunderland 3 (22/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

GideaParkHammer

Re: Sunderland @ Home - Party Time

Post by GideaParkHammer »

I am with the OP. I am going next week with the total of intention of having a right old jolly up. As I said on another thread, I will turn up a minute before the kick off and leave when the final whistle blows.

I can not see the point of booing them on and off the pitch. The ones that deserve to be abused won't care, they will go home to count the 50k they have just been paid, and check house prices online for when they move to their next club. To me, the most suitable response would be a collective sigh of relief that the season is over.

Sing and cheer for 90 mins, it might get through to those thick twats that they have relegated a great club with even greater supporters.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

GideaParkHammer wrote:I am with the OP. I am going next week with the total of intention of having a right old jolly up. As I said on another thread, I will turn up a minute before the kick off and leave when the final whistle blows.

I can not see the point of booing them on and off the pitch. The ones that deserve to be abused won't care, they will go home to count the 50k they have just been paid, and check house prices online for when they move to their next club. To me, the most suitable response would be a collective sigh of relief that the season is over.

:thup:

Would like to add that Scott gets substituted on 89 minutes and gets a standing ovation.
The Bob

Post by The Bob »

I'm booing everyone of them (except maybe Parker).

I might even turn my back on them for 90 minutes, would be great if everyone done that. Like a Poznan but with no jumping up and down or cheering...

Definitely staying for the "lap of honour", let them all know exactly what I think. Hope Dyer, Upson, Faubert et all come out for a little walk too.

****ers. :thdn:
e1hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by e1hammer »

Last game at E13 in the Premiership so we might as well enjoy it!
stubbsy07

Post by stubbsy07 »

I agree - let's show everyone a bit of the West Ham spirit on Sunday.

I will turn my backs on the players from when they come out of the tunnel up until kick off, but after that hopefully the atmosphere will be bubbly and good humoured, it's what we are all about.

If anyone stays for the lap of honour at the end I will be massively disappointed. What's the point? The biggest way to show our disappointment and disgust is to not be there at all.
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

e1hammer wrote:Last game at E13 in the Premiership so we might as well enjoy it!

Really, what ever ?
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by Marky »

The Bob wrote:I'm booing everyone of them (except maybe Parker).

I might even turn my back on them for 90 minutes, would be great if everyone done that. Like a Poznan but with no jumping up and down or cheering...

Definitely staying for the "lap of honour", let them all know exactly what I think. Hope Dyer, Upson, Faubert et all come out for a little walk too.

w***ers. :thdn:

Green doesnt deserve that
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Re: Sunderland Match Thread

Post by EvilC »

I suspect that many of our more established "stars" might pick up minor niggles in training and be unavailable for this fixture.
e1hammer

Post by e1hammer »

steptoe61 wrote:Really, what ever ?
Unless we come stright up then our next taste of the "best league in the world" will be in Stratford....not that we will see it.
Julian's Dick

Post by Julian's Dick »

I won't be going, I've had enough of football for this year. Seeing Faubert, Dyer, Kovac, Boa Morte and so on just makes my blood boil. Roll on August 2011, new team, new gaffer and a new exciting West Ham.

Like Roblo said, my seat will be empty of Sunday....what's the point on going to the match, like seriously why?
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Sunderland Match Thread

Post by Iron George »

EvilC wrote:I suspect that many of our more established "stars" might pick up minor niggles in training and be unavailable for this fixture.
Upson is a nailed on certainty for this.
e1hammer

Post by e1hammer »

Julian's Dick wrote:Roll on August 2011, new team, new gaffer and a new exciting West Ham.
You work in the marketing department and I claim my £5
Harlow Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by Harlow Hammer »

Some great supporters in here.

I thought we were different from other teams.

Supporting through thick and thin whatever the outcome.

I suppoe all these people saying they are not going on Sunday and got getting a ST next year will be back when we are promoted.

Please to go down so we can get rid of some the fans at UP who moan all the time and boo players before they even get on the pitch.

Go and support Chelsea or someone.
GideaParkHammer

Post by GideaParkHammer »

Perhaps I am too much of an old timer, but I can not understand anyone planning to boo the team. To me it just seems a bit muggy. I am not saying I have never booed at the Boleyn or away, but it is more knee jerk than planned. Perhaps I have been a little sickened recently with the twats that sit around me that are on the players' backs before a ball is even kicked.

Yeah some have shown to be gutless, spineless charlatans, but we had the pain yesterday. I want to go over the Boleyn for the last time till August and enjoy myself. It has not been an enjoyable time to stand and watch the team play for most of the season, so to have one game where I do not feel the heavy weight of worry will be strangely cathartic.

I support West Ham. The players are merely temporary wearers of the proud shirt. They will come and go, I will still be here. Come August it will be different division, same blind optimism, same thrill of getting back over E13, and same worry.
StiffUpper
Total likes: 1 like

Post by StiffUpper »

I’ve got my jesters hat and a bag of onions.
I’m going to cry and get on the telly.
matty.h

Post by matty.h »

its just another game chaps, lets go out in style and lose 3 nil :D
we are west ham, stay united
hammer2192

Post by hammer2192 »

I really dont know what to make out of this game, it's going to especially be a sad day for me as I'm having to give my season ticket up becuase i'm off to Uni in September, i'm gonna make sure I make the most out of what could be our last premier league game at Upton Park for sure!
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

e1hammer wrote:Last game at E13 in the Premiership so we might as well enjoy it!
Why does everyone keep saying this!?

We move in in 2014.
hammer_lad

Post by hammer_lad »

the best thing to do would be to ask that div jeremy nicholas to announce that parker, green, ba and maybe sears and tomkins (for me)

do a lap of honour about a minute or so before the rest of the mercenaries come round.

if you leave it aint really fair on the 4 or 5 that desereve the applause and if you stay the other c**** will think your applauding them.

if any of you are on twatter ask jeremy to sort this.

cheers.
Julian's Dick

Post by Julian's Dick »

Harlow Hammer wrote:Some great supporters in here.

I thought we were different from other teams.

Supporting through thick and thin whatever the outcome.

I suppoe all these people saying they are not going on Sunday and got getting a ST next year will be back when we are promoted.

Please to go down so we can get rid of some the fans at UP who moan all the time and boo players before they even get on the pitch.

Go and support Chelsea or someone.
Turn it in helmet, I've been up and down the country supporting West Ham all season, home and away. I'm not going on Sunday for the fact that I don't want to spend anymore money of that pile of sh*t who haven't exactly given me much back and to be fair I'm completely worn out from it all. So I won't be going on Sunday because I haven't got the energy to boo them let alone bring myself to cheer a group of over-paid, over pampered group of tw@ts with no b*llocks.

So no, I won't be off to support Chelsea, I will be back next year with a feeling of excitement as I stated earlier. I might boo, I might cheer next year depending on how we are playing......the reason I go to West Ham is for my love of the club, the awesome banter amoungst our fans and that sense of belonging. So keep your girly comments to yourself numpty.