West Ham Utd 0 Sunderland 3 (22/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Sunderland: match thread

Post by hawkins_hammer »

I do like Keen's interview technique...of course he is bigging himself up everything he says is part of the biggest job interview of his life.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Today was a scary reminder as to how inadequate the majority of players who will be staying will be in the Championship.

So lightweight or inept, it's just unreal.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

keen :asleep:
Posh-Hammer

Post by Posh-Hammer »

UG what a fantastic photo os Scotty and Greeno. It was a long drive home this evening along a very windy M11, but today our fans did us so proud. Good on you all. I sit in the East Stand at that conga was the business! :thup:
Bring_Back_Connolly
Has liked: 2549 likes
Total likes: 133 likes

Post by Bring_Back_Connolly »

hawkins_hammer wrote:Also the way Spence clapped the crowd at the end made me think he's been told his contract wont be getting renewed. Im always an optimist.
I really hope not! He is without a doubt our most promising DF on the books, and already has had a few months experience in the Championship with Bristol City, and looked solid enough...

I wasn't at the game today, but I really hope it wasn't his last
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Anyone know the attendance today...looked about 30k.
wivenhoetim
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by wivenhoetim »

irving boleyn wrote:Anyone know the attendance today...looked about 30k.

1st or 2nd half ?
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Couldnt count'em in the second half, most were on the move! .
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Think it said 32 odd K.....

Wigan can get barely 2/3rds of that........

Spuds 36K
Stoke today: 27+ K
Wolves 29+ K
Bolton 26 K
Fulham 25+ K
Villa almost 43 K
Everton 38+ K
Barcodes 51+ K
West Ham 32, 7+ K

Don't deserve fans like ours......

:evil:
Bill
Stranded in the smog
Has liked: 141 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by Bill »

So Keen thougt our players put a lot of effort in? He thougt Piqionne played well?

Jesus! I don't expect him to say X player was **** or whatever, but for christ's sake don't insult us after that dross!! At least admit that we played poorly and the effort just wasn't there. Until we address the problems we will never find the solutions. It just reads like the same old crap we got from Grant mixed with Zola's/Ducker's bull**** project (obviously I realise Gollivan will hope to save money by playing as many youngsters as possible). We need somebody new who is willing to kick arse and inspire people, not that old b*llocks.
mattjp
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by mattjp »

Well, before the game I hoped we'd hold on to Hitzelsperger and I hoped we'd renew Hines' contract. After today I've gotta say I'm struggling to care all that much about either of them.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Watching this lot on MOTD, I still would rather be West Ham United than ****ing Wigan or Stoke.
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

e17 wrote:Watching this lot on MOTD, I still would rather be West Ham United than f***ing Wigan or Stoke.
Where f*** did all them Wigan fans come from?
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

west ham15 wrote: Where f*** did all them Wigan fans come from?
mirrors
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

It pains me to think Wigan, QPR, Wolves, Blackburn and one of Swansea or Reading will be a division above us next season. But we've been here before but hopefully for not as long. The loss in the playoff final hurt me more than the relegation the year before. But I think today shows how much strengthening we need in the Summer. We'll finish about 5th bottom in the Championship with that team. The lack of strength, any real energy and any real end product worried the f*** out of me.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:It pains me to think Wigan, QPR, Wolves, Blackburn and one of Swansea or Reading will be a division above us next season. But we've been here before but hopefully for not as long. The loss in the playoff final hurt me more than the relegation the year before. But I think today shows how much strengthening we need in the Summer. We'll finish about 5th bottom in the Championship with that team. The lack of strength, any real energy and any real end product worried the f*** out of me.
you can add stoke to that list Headbanger
Northern Paulo
Punster extraordinaire

Post by Northern Paulo »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:It pains me to think Wigan, QPR, Wolves, Blackburn and one of Swansea or Reading will be a division above us next season. But we've been here before but hopefully for not as long. The loss in the playoff final hurt me more than the relegation the year before. But I think today shows how much strengthening we need in the Summer. We'll finish about 5th bottom in the Championship with that team. The lack of strength, any real energy and any real end product worried the f*** out of me.
Strengthening??? After the show today we need practically a whole new squad imo. If they couldn't put up a fight today than they're going to be in for a rude awakening in the Championship. I don't hold out much hope of us getting back up next season to be honest. Maybe if we needed to get a few in in key positions I'd say we would be in with a shout but to build a whole squad, sort out your first eleven and getting them to play how you want is a going to be a tough tough job.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

we need a whole new team or we will not even sniff promotion.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

That's what I meant NP...strengthening to the max. I think some of us thought that keep a couple of players mixed with some kids and some loans would do us...but clearly not. I can't imagine that shocker today beating Doncaster on a cold away trip. It'd be about 3-0 and all from headers. Our defence is woeful and what worries me is we are going to be left with 3/4 22 year olds. We need about 17/18 players...as I can only see about 8 of these staying or even worth keeping.

I know some people don't like Curbishley and I know his business in the transfer market wasn't great, though more 50-50 IMO, but I think we need someone with that experience to make our promotion bid a success...otherwise we are in serious danger of falling through another trap door...and I ain't joking...
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by D C »

It should have been obvious to everyone before todays game that we will need a left back, at least one CB, a left mid a right mid, some back up mids and possibly 3 or 4 strikers.

Too early for panic stations now...