Watford 0 West Ham Utd 4 (16/08/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: Watford v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

westhamerica wrote:Here are some better highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4PViMi4XnM
:lol:
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by D C »

:lol: That is ****ing class. Only one dislike aswell.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

steptoe61 wrote:What would you prefer ,pretty football 1-0 win
Aimless punts upfield 4-0 win
The former to be honest .
We_are_BML
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by We_are_BML »

West Ham came out 2nd half and turned it up a notch. People can laugh about Allardyce and the concept of 'football', but West Ham tonight were the Championship's 'Barcelona of Europe' in the 2nd half. Possession, possession, possession. Work the ball side to side until they worked the space. They scored the 3rd - a Carlton Cole tap-in, but a well worked move, and then our heads dropped and Parker was allowed a free run to the edge of our box before dispatching the ball into the bottom right corner with his left-peg.

I'd say the most frustrating thing for me was that a player like Doyley had a brilliant game, and to be honest, shut Carlton Cole down all night long, making an 'England International' (Lol! Says it all about our national team), look like someone who could barely cut it at Championship level. But anyway, he got his goal from 1 yard and that was that.

West Ham shouldn't be in this league. The season is 43 games long. When I saw the fixture list, I couldn't believe our bad luck in getting probably one of the toughest possible starts imaginable. Burnley, Derby, West Ham, and Birmingham all in our 1st 5 games. All teams that have been in the Prem more recently than us. I think we need something at Coventry to ease the nerves amongst the team, and yes, i'm a little concerned at the lack of goals, but hopefully we'll learn something from how West Ham came and did a thoroughly professional job in killing the game at 2-0/3-0.

What they are saying on the Watford forum, most posts follow the same line.
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

the pink palermo wrote:
The former to be honest .

Fair enough,i hope you wasnt too disapointed though.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Ignoring the bitter rambling by one of the posters about what a joke it was to be beaten by the Hammers, it is interesting to see such words.
Irish Iron

Post by Irish Iron »

Someone told me the reason Parker didn't celebrate was because he is a Watford fan. Any truth in it?
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Irish Iron wrote:Someone told me the reason Parker didn't celebrate was because he is a Watford fan. Any truth in it?
****ing hell :lol:
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

Irish Iron wrote:Someone told me the reason Parker didn't celebrate was because he is a Watford fan. Any truth in it?
brilliant. The stupidest and funniest thing I have read on this site for ages.
Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

:lol:
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

How refreshing is it to actually be looking forward to upcoming games and places?

Obviously hope we get up as quick as possible, but can't say I'd swap inevitable 1-0 defeats at Stoke & Bolton for any of our games so far this season.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Not really CH, looked like they were on their way over anyway, they were just going through the post match formalities of shaking hands etc. Its not like they were all walking off the pitch and FS marched them back on or anything.

fair enough mushy sounded like they was forced over by sam the man
TheAlmightyAmmer

Post by TheAlmightyAmmer »

durham just said on talkshat that our midfield yesterday of parker noble and taylor was better than arsenal's of song, rosicky and ramsey :lol:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

TheAlmightyAmmer wrote:durham just said on talkshat that our midfield yesterday of parker noble and taylor was better than arsenal's of song, rosicky and ramsey :lol:

If you believed the Arsenal fans I work with you'd think they were likely to be in the relegation battle this year! So utterly negative. Strange bunch.
TheAlmightyAmmer

Post by TheAlmightyAmmer »

Georgee Paris wrote: If you believed the Arsenal fans I work with you'd think they were likely to be in the relegation battle this year! So utterly negative. Strange bunch.
haha i know! i see his point though, song is not a very good holding midfielder, rosicky is anonymous most games but ramsey is decent
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

TheAlmightyAmmer wrote:durham just said on talkshat that our midfield yesterday of parker noble and taylor was better than arsenal's of song, rosicky and ramsey :lo l:
That guy is a complete 100% gimp.

So wonder he gets so many callers.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Great night and great atmosphere, but I don't actually think we played that well all things considered. Watford will be in serious trouble on the basis of what they did last night. Whilst we had spells of good possession, there were a lot of poor balls being played and we were largely pretty careless with the ball throughout the game.

But if we can come down, play pretty averagely and still murder teams away from home, you have to start thinking this squad will get us out of the league. The game was won with moments of premier league quality, and that should give us the edge in most games. I'm sure Allardyce is keeping their feet on the ground as there is definitely room for improvement (though I think it's confidence as much as anything and last night will have turned a lot of people's mentality around), but very encouraging to see our fullbacks playing so high up the pitch and everyone looking fairly sharp in front of goal (a couple of notable occasions excepted).

If we can push on from this and beat Leeds on Sunday, I'll start to feel confident. Ultimately, I think the two teams we have beaten so far will both be struggling, and it's important we put in a really good display against a side I believe is going to be there or thereabouts at the top at the end of the season.
stuarttampin

Post by stuarttampin »

was at the game last night and what a night !

i wanna watch the goals again cant find them on the web , anyone help ?

COYI
Cookedskunk

Post by Cookedskunk »

stuarttampin wrote:was at the game last night and what a night !

i wanna watch the goals again cant find them on the web , anyone help ?

COYI
Was on page 53 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stuarttampin

Post by stuarttampin »

cheers cooked skunk :thup: