West Ham Utd 1 Peterborough 0 (24/09/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Romford
Big X

Re: West Ham Utd v Peterborough: match thread

Post by Romford »

lukeWHU wrote:
You are definitely a "glass half empty man". We have a new manager, a whole new team and squad. Give them a chance FFS. We have only played 7 games and are 4th in the league. Reserve your judgement until after xmas. f***ing hell.
Do yourself a favour...talk to me how you would in a pub.

Thank You

Just because you are happy with dross (at home) doesn't mean that others are.

I think that this squad has enough about it to be able to play 2 upfront against Peterboro....and all your flannel about "settling" and "Confidence" are just poor excuses.

You want to make out that im some moany mug who expects too much....maybe you should ask around.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Coker wrote:Faye was MOM easy , not sure why Noble got it
Because he was the best player on the pitch, and I include Faye (who played well) in that.

Another non-appearance by Taylor and poor game for Nolan again.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

hadleighhammer wrote:
Because he was the best player on the pitch, and I include Faye (who played well) in that.

Another non-appearance by Taylor and poor game for Nolan again.
This is where the big problem lies sadly...

Taylor doesn't do enough in free play..and is too slow.

Nolan if he wasn't captain wouldn't be getting a game.

I would also throw everyones star man Lansbury into this mix too.

Is BFS big enough to bench them ?
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

we stuttered all over the place when we won promotion in 2005 , and to a certain degree were pretty lucky then to go up after a great run into the play off late in the campaign. we do have a great defence and i think based on the back 5 will win auto promotion, but we havent really turned anybody over ( except watford ) .

cole and later on carew, had little support yesterday, the final ball in from JF was poor, and taylor/nolan hardly had an input into the game. , however if we keep winning i cant see there being any changes.
mattjp
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by mattjp »

What's the saying? Sign of a good team when they play badly and win. Not that we were that 'bad' as such, but we sure as hell weren't all that exciting considering we're playing at home to a team who actually came out and attacked themselves. I think under Sam we are going to get games like this, but as long as we're winning I'm not going to get that annoyed about it.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

chigwells finest wrote:we stuttered all over the place when we won promotion in 2005 , and to a certain degree were pretty lucky then to go up after a great run into the play off late in the campaign. we do have a great defence and i think based on the back 5 will win auto promotion, but we havent really turned anybody over ( except watford ) .

cole and later on carew, had little support yesterday, the final ball in from JF was poor, and taylor/nolan hardly had an input into the game. , however if we keep winning i cant see there being any changes.
We were very lucky to make the play offs when we last got promoted....Zamora had a goal spree and that got us to Cardiff.

Don't change a winning formula should only be used when you are winning with a bit left at the end.
chigwells finest

cant argue with any of that,,
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

Romford wrote: Did you go yesterday ??

If our 2 centrebacks were our best players...it would suggest that it wasn't an easy win. It also suggests that just one mistake and its not a win at all.

If our keeper was busier than our opponents...it would suggest that many of you with your "It will take time to settle" are just making excuses for yet another poor drab home performance.
Why do you acuse anyone who disagrees with you of not being at the game? Yes, I was at the game.

One mistake could cost any game regardless the formation which is played. Mistakes get made in every team.

Green wasnt exactly pulling off endless word class saves. I dont even remember them having a great deal of chances other than a few long distance shots which Green is expected to save.

Faye had a good game. Noble had a good game. What does a midfielder having a good game suggest to you?

What exactly would you do to change the team? Switch to 442? Is that it?
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Romford wrote:

Said pretty much all of that yesterday.

If we bring Baldock in and go 442 it will be Lansbury who goes. Nolan will need to step up and improve if we do.

Taylor started brightly but looks poor, Faubert's doing a much better job of getting up and down and supporting Cole especially. In fact he's doing that better than any of the others including Nolan.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Green was not the busier keeper in terms of shots on goal. We had more off target as well and 3 times as many corners.
chigwells finest

Green wasnt exactly pulling off endless word class saves. I dont even remember them having a great deal of chances other than a few long distance shots which Green is expected to save

really ?

i was sat right behind a few of those in the 2nd half and that ball was moving all over the place like a balloon in a hurricane,, they may of looked easy but could have gone in just as easily too .
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

lukeWHU wrote:
Why do you acuse anyone who disagrees with you of not being at the game? Yes, I was at the game.

One mistake could cost any game regardless the formation which is played. Mistakes get made in every team.

Green wasnt exactly pulling off endless word class saves. I dont even remember them having a great deal of chances other than a few long distance shots which Green is expected to save.

Faye had a good game. Noble had a good game. What does a midfielder having a good game suggest to you?

What exactly would you do to change the team? Switch to 442? Is that it?
Well i don't mug them off from behind a keyboard...because thats a cowards way.

One mistake only costs games when there is one goal in it.

Where has anyone put that Greeno has made any World Class saves...always a sign of a losing argument when people start making things up....it has been honestly put that he was the busier keeper.

You are trying to make out that yesterday was all down to a team settling and finding its way...and that the threads with "pics of the crowd" and suchworth are from fans expecting too much.

I would change the players and the formation...where you think everything is ok.

You also think that nothing should be touched till after Xmas.

I totally disagree with you...and here is the right place to argue the point.

Your point about Noble...please elaborate what you are getting at ?

I'd say that with Nobles great passing and Baldocks movement (and the fact the the Peterboro defence was great in the air just like Walls last week)...we could have had the game won by half time yesterday.

Thats why im moaning on here....
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

i was sat right behind a few of those in the 2nd half and that ball was moving all over the place like a balloon in a hurricane,, they may of looked easy but could have gone in just as easily too .
I was up the other end in the BML but the shot where Green dropped it I thought it had gone in, he made a few quality saves yesterday.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

carnage wrote:Green was not the busier keeper in terms of shots on goal. We had more off target as well and 3 times as many corners.

Well the game i watched had Green doing more than the one save their fella had from Bentley.
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

Good kob we kept him then or could any old goalie have done the job, maybe we should of kept Parker and Ba.
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

Romford wrote:Thats why im moaning on here....
I am not mugging you off (apologies if it came across that way). I just disagree with your point of view . I agree that we are not playing free flowing football that is great to watch. But, in all fairness to BFS, he has came out and said that we didnt play particularly well yesterday.

I am not saying that nothing should be touched until xmas. Like you, I would like to see Baldock given a run upfront alongside Cole. But, I can see the dilema that BFS is having: is it fair to change a winning formation? What message would it send out to his players? Should he drop his club captain (which we all seem to agree is probably the player who should be dropped)?

My worry is that Baldock isnt the player we all hope he is. Maybe BFS knows something that we dont.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

BFS has said we played 433 yesterday....

You still going to defend him ?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2941 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

lukeWHU wrote:

My worry is that Baldock isnt the player we all hope he is.
How will the fans know until they see him ?
Lez

Post by Lez »

nolan who? Taylor mmmmm! Faye superb (imo) faubert Headbanger bentley excellent (imo) Green busier of the 2? not a lot in it (imo)
crap atmosphere, tosh game. Why o why wont bfs alternate during a game from 1 up to two up front?

That said i am looking forward to my next game which i am glad to say will be an away one!
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

lukeWHU wrote:
My worry is that Baldock isnt the player we all hope he is. Maybe BFS knows something that we dont.
Baldock could of course be another Lansbury...but there is only one way to find out.

We have enough quality in our squad to be able to try different formations and options.

Is it going to take us being a couple of goals behind to make a change ?