West Ham Utd 3 Leicester City 2 (29/10/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Re: West Ham United vs Leicester City Match Thread

Post by RyanWHUFC »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:TBL was proper loud yesterday, mad scenes when we scored as well.
As usual though most of the away support can't hear a thing we sing.
We easily muted the ones next to us though they watched us singing most of the game.
Definately mate, thought it was a great atmosphere in there yesterday :thup:
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

[quote]Weren't more than 1,000 there, and it's not that far from them[/quote

They only came for the West Ham yesterday then :wink:
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:TBL was proper loud yesterday, mad scenes when we scored as well.
As usual though most of the away support can't hear a thing we sing.
We easily muted the ones next to us though they watched us singing most of the game.
This is where I sit, and I have to say, top notch again from us. I love the new addition of throwing claret and blue paper rolls all over the place :lol:.

Thier support is awful, they only piped up to dig out Green or when they scored. Everytime we scored you didn't hear a peep out of them until their next goal.

As for Lee Peliter, what a mug. Wouldn't shake hands with Green. That player and fans deserve each other.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:
As for Lee Peliter, what a mug. Wouldn't shake hands with Green. That player and fans deserve each other.
Can not agree mate. If the roles had been reversed and say Collison refused to shake the hand of Schmeichel we would be lauding him for being the "fan's champion".
il_martello_di_genovesi

For what reason? If anything in that case it would make Collison a bit of an idiot. There is no problem with singing songs about Green, it's part of football, but the throwing things is where the line is crossed. I've seen players tell their own fans to stop **** like this before, but Peltier decided to not shake Green's hand for having a dig back? Sorry, but that's disgusting.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:For what reason? If anything in that case it would make Collison a bit of an idiot. There is no problem with singing songs about Green, it's part of football, but the throwing things is where the line is crossed. I've seen players tell their own fans to stop sh*t like this before, but Peltier decided to not shake Green's hand for having a dig back? Sorry, but that's disgusting.
Perhaps that is what Green was explaining to Peltier.
il_martello_di_genovesi

He was mate, pretty much. Which is why I think it is so bad of Peltier to not shake hands with a fellow professional. Obviously he must think what they were doing was o.k?
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:He was mate, pretty much. Which is why I think it is so bad of Peltier to not shake hands with a fellow professional. Obviously he must think what they were doing was o.k?
Or perhaps he did not know about the coins, (even the ref probably missed it). I saw Green bend down once to pick something up, and made no big deal of it.
il_martello_di_genovesi

He's not going to during the match, but it's obviously the reason why he gave it back at the end. It's obviously much sweeter for him to rub in a victory than moan about a few coins. Regardless, very Wengeresque from Peltier.

I'm all for having away teams fill their allocation, it makes a better atmosphere...but Leicester might aswell have had 200 there for all they managed to contribute...
Last edited by il_martello_di_genovesi on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:
This is where I sit, and I have to say, top notch again from us. I love the new addition of throwing claret and blue paper rolls all over the place
r.
They are the guys next to me!

First week the muppet forgot to unwrap it and basically threw a claret missile across the stand. :lol:
il_martello_di_genovesi

Some bloke infront of me had the right hump that a long piece of blue paper was stuck tangled on his bald head at the Blackpool game :lol:.

It's something that's silly, but just adds to the fun IMO.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

At least some LCFC fans agree...
And as for the ones calling Rob Green a ****, I think it was a logical response to the constant taunting from our fans.
At least the guy shows that he's got more passion than a lot of Leicester City FC players.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2639 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Watching The Football League Show last night , I was reminded of a certain Tony Cottee in the shape of Sam Baldock .
Living up here in the frozen North , I'd never heard of young Baldock until West Ham came in for him , and boy am I glad they did .
Gets in the right place , is ice cool in front of goal and scored a headed goal that he was always second favourite to get to yesterday .
Was pleased for Faubert as well .
5 great goals yesterday , happy that we got 3 of them .
COYI !
W.H.U

Post by W.H.U »

Surprised no one has been pulled for throwing the streamers......

Not a bad atmosphere yesterday, anyone else see the author getting the east stand going. :lol:
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

If people get pissed off with that then they need to stop being so precious, it all adds the atmosphere IMO
This is abit sad but I'd rather have the away fans right next to us in the TBL everytime over alot of the home fans when they open TBL 5 who don't stand or sing, it makes the atmosphere much better.
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:If people get pissed off with that then they need to stop being so precious, it all adds the atmosphere IMO
This is abit sad but I'd rather have the away fans right next to us in the TBL everytime over alot of the home fans when they open TBL 5 who don't stand or sing, it makes the atmosphere much better.
Agree with that 100% mate, I booked my tickets for Bristol last night and its in the dreaded TBL5 I will be standing and singing (hopefully, I'm nearest the away fans so I'm hoping that we'll stand in there)
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Thinking about against Ipswich TBL5 was alot better and were standing, so hopefully more of the same
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

RyanWHUFC wrote: Agree with that 100% mate, I booked my tickets for Bristol last night and its in the dreaded TBL5 I will be standing and singing (hopefully, I'm nearest the away fans so I'm hoping that we'll stand in there)
I think Bristol are bring one man and his dog so I wouldn't be too optimistic.
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:Thinking about against Ipswich TBL5 was alot better and were standing, so hopefully more of the same
Hopefully mate, I remember a lot of the games last season when TBL5 was available we stood for Stoke, Blackburn, Wigan etc, I was a bit bemused when we played Blackpool this season and everyone was sitting down.
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

I think Bristol are bring one man and his dog so I wouldn't be too optimistic.
Cheers for that mate :lol:

Do you think TBL4 and maybe even 3 will become available then? We're struggling to shift all the tickets that have become available in NL5 considering the games Tuesday and I can see a lot more available than taken.