Club Reply to Whusview

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Club Reply to Whusview

Post by Pop Robson »

Olympic Stadium update
The club will continue to make sure supporters are at the heart of plans for the future
:?

Following the club's recent communication on 11 October updating you on the developments regarding the proposed Olympic Stadium move, we are aware that supporters have many new questions.

West Ham United's bid, as we have advised supporters throughout the process, focuses on delivering a world-class multi-use venue for the benefit of our supporters, the local community, the rest of the UK and an international audience.

Our entire plan focuses on ensuring first-class views for our supporters whilst delivering a legacy for athletics. We see the move just down the road as a move home to our origins in West Ham. Our commitment is and always has been to driving West Ham United forward to enable us to compete at the highest level.

You our supporters, the heartbeat of the Hammers, have been the driving force behind our ambitions to grow the club to a level deserving of your support.

Every step of the way our proposals have been fully informed by your passionate responses to our questions, surveys and the ongoing dialogue through fan forums, presentations and the Supporter Advisory Board. We know that your priorities are seating, sightlines and security for the club's future. These are our priorities too.

We still await further information regarding the Government's plans for the Olympic Stadium post Games. These plans have always involved a tenancy of some nature. This type of arrangement has proved successful elsewhere and brings with it potential new benefits for the club.

Until we are fully informed of the proposed process going forward, we are unable to share further information. We are closely monitoring the feedback we sought following our recent statements. As the process moves on there will never be a better time for consultation to help inform our decisions going forward.

West Ham United with our partners the London Borough of Newham, great diligence and a lot of hard work were able to deliver a robust bid to occupy the Stadium from 2014/15.
Our bid was unanimously endorsed back in February. We re-state our belief that our stadium works for football. It would be a world-class venue to rival all others - a fitting stage for our proud club. Rest assured, it has to work for you to work for us. We would never act in isolation and, as we know more, so will you.

Please continue to provide us with your feedback via olympicproject@westhamunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What a lot of old b*llocks !
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 842 likes

Re: Club Reply to Whusview

Post by mushy »

basically saying that keeping us informed and reading forums is their idea of consultation.
TheAlmightyAmmer

Post by TheAlmightyAmmer »

Just a load of waffle, as usual. I'd like to know some of these 'surveys' that took place
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

We know that your priorities are seating, sightlines and security for the club's future. These are our priorities too.
I am worried by the term 'sightlines'

sightlines to me means no obstructed views i.e. pole in front of your seat, so sightlines at the OS will be fine you can see the pitch anywhere you sit

the term instead should be 'distance' and thats missing from the list of priorities, unless they classify that under 'seating' but then the club could say thats them thinking claret n blue seating

:|
terrapinstation

Post by terrapinstation »

What a load of crap. Can't say I'm surprised.

The campaign is just underway and continues to grow... this should do absolutely nothing to interfere with that process.

Keep spreading the word, gentlemen :raver:
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

Every step of the way our proposals have been fully informed by your passionate responses to our questions, surveys and the ongoing dialogue through fan forums, presentations and the Supporter Advisory Board. We know that your priorities are seating, sightlines and security for the club's future. These are our priorities too.
What surveys have the club done?
Supporters advisory board have not discussed the Olympic move yet and won't u til feb
Bubble 'N' Cheek

Post by Bubble 'N' Cheek »

There was a survey on the offical site not long after the Daves took over. It was mainly about how far fans travel, how often you go, do you purchase food in the ground etc. However towards the end there was a couple of questions about the olympic stadium asking if you would back the move and a question about the running track from memory. It was a big survey that took about 20 mins to complete.

Having said all that I believe the club the club should send out a survey to fans specifically on the move. However they won't because they might not like the answers they receive.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

There appears to be no offer of a consultation in that club statement!
Please continue to spread the word and make sure to mention the website at the ground today.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2627 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

I stopped reading at the word "continue".
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

[Olympic Stadium update
The club will continue to make sure supporters are at the heart of plans for the future
:?

Following the club's recent communication on 11 October updating you on the developments regarding the proposed Olympic Stadium move, we are aware that supporters have many new questions.

West Ham United's bid, as we have advised supporters throughout the process, focuses on delivering a world-class multi-use venue for the benefit of our supporters, the local community, the rest of the UK and an international audience.

Our entire plan focuses on ensuring first-class views for our supporters whilst delivering a legacy for athletics. We see the move just down the road as a move home to our origins in West Ham. Our commitment is and always has been to driving West Ham United forward to enable us to compete at the highest level.

You our supporters, the heartbeat of the Hammers, have been the driving force behind our ambitions to grow the club to a level deserving of your support.

We still await further information regarding the Government's plans for the Olympic Stadium post Games. These plans have always involved a tenancy of some nature. This type of arrangement has proved successful elsewhere and brings with it potential new benefits for the club.

Until we are fully informed of the proposed process going forward, we are unable to share further information. We are closely monitoring the feedback we sought following our recent statements. As the process moves on there will never be a better time for consultation to help inform our decisions going forward.

West Ham United with our partners the London Borough of Newham, great diligence and a lot of hard work were able to deliver a robust bid to occupy the Stadium from 2014/15.
Our bid was unanimously endorsed back in February. We re-state our belief that our stadium works for football. It would be a world-class venue to rival all others - a fitting stage for our proud club. Rest assured, it has to work for you to work for us. We would never act in isolation and, as we know more, so will you.

Please continue to provide us with your feedback via olympicproject@westhamunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What a lot of old b***ocks ![/quote]

Funny I read it this morning and thought it was a good response!!

If you look at these threads it is the usual suspects stating there same old bias one way or the other AND I INCLUDE MYSELF IN THAT!!
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

I thought it was a bit of a wishy-washy statement, if if anything, I am getting the impression that maybe the club has lost the heart for going through the bidding process again.

Expect some time in the new year for us to officially announce:

'Due to having to resubmit the bid to take over The Olympic Stadium under different terms to the original bid, WHUFC has decided it is no longer viable and in the best interests for the future and the security of West Ham United, so we shall be withdrawing from the process. We shall however be looking at submitting plans to Newham Council to expand the East Stand at The Boleyn Ground, and to make it a multi-purpose sports and event venue that the community can be proud of .'
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

DL, do you really believe that will happen? :lol:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Just seen this.

I think it's very well worded. It commits to 'first class seating' etc and pre-empts what we assume are fans' main concerns. It thus tries to render any poll as being irrelevant and the last line is a bit ominous. If there is an independent poll done, the club will accuse us on being unnecessarily divisive.

I also think that Eastsider is right to an extent. In the sense that it's regular posters and some WHUs View? committee members keeping these threads going and trying to keep momentum. Where he is wrong is in thinking there is no appetite for a consultation before commitment to an uncertain process. From the number of people who have signed up and from the response I get talking to fans around the ground etc, nearly everyone I speak to agrees that the club should consult but won't.

This letter, simply put, means no there will be no consultation over and above that done. There is a committee meeting on Tuesday about what we do next.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Hammer Matty wrote:DL, do you really believe that will happen?
Yep :thup:
jackhammer87

Post by jackhammer87 »

Dyer's Leg wrote: Expect some time in the new year for us to officially announce:

'Due to having to resubmit the bid to take over The Olympic Stadium under different terms to the original bid, WHUFC has decided it is no longer viable and in the best interests for the future and the security of West Ham United, so we shall be withdrawing from the process. We shall however be looking at submitting plans to Newham Council to expand the East Stand at The Boleyn Ground, and to make it a multi-purpose sports and event venue that the community can be proud of .'
I would very much like that to be true!!!
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Sounds like the same story as before from club - we'll consult when it's signed & sealed.
Last December we were told that they couldn't consult until the bid was won, but would do then. But did they - no.
If the club think it's so great let them convince the fans and win a ballot to move.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

brownout wrote:Sounds like the same story as before from club - we'll consult when it's signed & sealed.
Last December we were told that they couldn't consult until the bid was won, but would do then. But did they - no.
If the club think it's so great let them convince the fans and win a ballot to move.
Sadly, I make you right .

Interestingly the court date for the case against the forensic accountant firm , PKF, who allegedly obtained Karren Brady's phone records is set for the 17th November - a date which also rings a bell as the date the World Athletics 2017 destination venue is due to be announced , and when I expect Spurs to return to the fray concerning Stratford .
beckton

Post by beckton »

the pink palermo wrote: and when I expect Spurs to return to the fray concerning Stratford .

I'd swung towards staying at the Boleyn but that would swing me back the other way.
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

[quote="beckton"][quote="the pink palermo"] and when I expect Spurs to return to the fray concerning Stratford .

I'd swung towards staying at the Boleyn but that would swing me back the other way.

Would not surprise me if they did.
Track has supposedly been non negotiable since the beginning but it has not stopped them in the past...