Hull City 0 West Ham Utd 2 (05/11/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Re: Hull City v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by GaryP »

BoB_On wrote:anyone got a link to the goals ta

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 5_11_2011/

First on !
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

Good game yesterday.
Thought Baldock, Faye and Greeno were terrific.

Definitely need a song for Baldock and Faye as someone has said earlier.
Can't we think of some lyrics to the tune of 'Black Adder' as Baldock seems to have picked up the 'Baldrick' nickname?

Did anyone see that bloke get nicked in the Hull end to the left and then get followed out by a woman pushing a baby? That was a bit random. My brother said she gave us the bird as she went down the tunnel too. :lol:
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Just watched the highlights, didn't Greeno have a brilliant game?! Some world class saves! Great work from Carlton as well for the two goals!
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

west ham15 wrote: Was a long old way but we all did ourselves proud again, Song of the day for me was ' The baby's not yours how sh*t must you feel the babys not yours!' :D
Can't believe they chucked him out....
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

the pink palermo wrote:Look, it was cold up there !

Even Piq had gloves on . :
You took it a bit further though... :shock:

Pinky yesterday with the owner of the local take away

http://backcountryblog.blogspot.com/200 ... ge-88.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Did anyone see that bloke get nicked in the Hull end to the left and then get followed out by a woman pushing a baby? That was a bit random. My brother said she gave us the bird as she went down the tunnel too.
Yes thought it was hilarious, he got a song aimed at him "the babys not yours, the babys not yours, your wifes a slapper, the babys not yours" :lol:
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

RyanWHUFC wrote: Yes thought it was hilarious, he got a song aimed at him "the babys not yours, the babys not yours, your wifes a slapper, the babys not yours" :lol:
That will be an interesting story for them to tell the kid if that was it's first game!! LOL
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

That will be an interesting story for them to tell the kid if that was it's first game!! LOL
It will mate, same old West Ham, taking the piss :thup:
Eric

Post by Eric »

Totally agree that this was a great performance and a great result. As Sam said " we got it right at both ends".

Green was world class, Faye and Diop were solid. Cole and Baldock worked well together.

Just like to say though that Hull were unlucky not to get a goal and we were lucky to keep a clean sheet. They had 14 shots ON TARGET to our 2. It could well have been a different result.

Bit of a rest period now. Hopefully some crocks will get back. Missing Lansbury. Are we getting anyone in?? Should we be looking at Rosenior in January???

Some top class fixtures to come up to Xmas. Just hope that Southampton start slipping up.

COYI
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Eric wrote: Just hope that Southampton start slipping up.
Looking at their next 5 or 6 fixtures, I doubt it :|
saint_ed

Post by saint_ed »

"With respect, Southampton came into this season on a high and a settled squad.
We were a shambles for two seasons, half our squad weren't here last season, yet we're second.
I doubt Southampton will be above us at the end of a very long season. they haven't yet had injury problems."

Often keep an eye out on our rivals websites, just to see what your impression of us are. Although I think you'll eventually finish above us this season, the notion that we haven't had injuries is ridiculous. We have been without our second top scorer from last season, Lee Barnard, all season. Our second and third choice CB's from last season are out injured. And Lallana, who in my opinion is the best player in this division (biased I know), has missed 5 games already this season. Add to that others who have missed games here and there.

On a side note, how on earth was Nolan on the shortlist for player of the month.....Reid, Noble, Baldock at West Ham alone have all been better.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Saint ed , Chaplow was the one who amazed me at your gaff, best player on the park imho.

Did you like your only hear for the WestHam chant. :wink:
saint_ed

Post by saint_ed »

cockney farmer wrote:Saint ed , Chaplow was the one who amazed me at your gaff, best player on the park imho.

Did you like your only hear for the WestHam chant. :wink:
Unfortunately it was probably partially true. Although when they announced the attendance it was one person below the record. In the paper the next day, they had mysteriously found two extra people. Chaplow is one player who has come in because of injuries, and has done really well. Not the most gifted footballer mind, but works very hard.

Will be interesting in the run up to Christmas. We have got some horrible games out the way, especially at home.
FEH

Post by FEH »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 5_11_2011/

First on ![/quote]

Anyone has a link for overseas Hammers?

The BBC site is restricted to UK viewers.

Thanks in advance!
SoulCircus
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 87 likes

Post by SoulCircus »

My first long distance away trip and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thought the first half was very cagey, although we were poor in possession and didn't create anything going forward Hull weren't spectacular either. Had the feel of a 1-0 set piece kind of game.
Allardyce must have given them a rocket at half time as for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half we were like a different team. The introduction of Cole made the difference, he ran at the defence from the off, made a great flick-on for Baldock's goal and set up Collison for his strike (which was a very well-worked goal BTW).
After that we sat back and defended it out for the last 20. The fans around me seemed confident we would win but I was still a bit nervous (years of practice I guess!). Green made 3 excellent saves at the death and that was that.
MOTM a toss-up between Green and Faye, who I thought was outstanding again. A very good signing.
Chatted with a couple of Hull fans on the way back to the station and one said that they had 14 shots on target to our two. I don't know if that's true but I came away from it thinking it was a bit of a 'smash and grab raid' as they say in the tabloids.
Only minus point was having to spend nearly 5 hours on a train which had an alcohol ban. Still, there were 3 lucky people outside Hull station who got some free beer!
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

saint_ed wrote:
Often keep an eye out on our rivals websites, just to see what your impression of us are. Although I think you'll eventually finish above us this season, the notion that we haven't had injuries is ridiculous. We have been without our second top scorer from last season, Lee Barnard, all season. Our second and third choice CB's from last season are out injured. And Lallana, who in my opinion is the best player in this division (biased I know), has missed 5 games already this season. Add to that others who have missed games here and there.

On a side note, how on earth was Nolan on the shortlist for player of the month.....Reid, Noble, Baldock at West Ham alone have all been better.
Welcome Ed..

How comes your having probs filling St Marys fella ?
joyful

Post by joyful »

And Lallana, who in my opinion is the best player in this division (biased I know), has missed 5 games already this season.
He's always looked class when I've seen him. Was he a Pardew signing? I guess you and we both share an ex!
TheAlmightyAmmer

Post by TheAlmightyAmmer »

joyful wrote: He's always looked class when I've seen him. Was he a Pardew signing? I guess you and we both share an ex!
Came through the academy
joyful

Post by joyful »

Thank you!
saint_ed

Post by saint_ed »

Lallana we nicked off Bournemouth when he was about 14-15. Has been with us for a while now.

Re our attendance, we have the third best average in the league, and with the likes of Brighton, Pompey and the boxing day fixture against Palace to play (which should all be sell outs) we'll prob end the season second highest with an average of 25-26k so its not too bad considering. Geographically it doesn't help either, as not many teams sell out. Posh only brought 300 in midweek.