Hull City 0 West Ham Utd 2 (05/11/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Re: Hull City v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Am I right in saying that we have the highest average attendance over the course of the season so far? No other team has had over 30,000 about 4 times.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

saint_ed wrote:Lallana we nicked off Bournemouth when he was about 14-15. Has been with us for a while now.

Re our attendance, we have the third best average in the league, and with the likes of Brighton, Pompey and the boxing day fixture against Palace to play (which should all be sell outs) we'll prob end the season second highest with an average of 25-26k so its not too bad considering. Geographically it doesn't help either, as not many teams sell out. Posh only brought 300 in midweek.
You played Boro on Saturday last week and had loads of empty seats....yet we were a full house on a Tues night.

Doesn't make sense to me mate
saint_ed

Post by saint_ed »

What doesn't make sense!? You clearly are a bigger team, and have a bigger fan base than us, therefore your attendances will be higher. Makes perfect sense to me.

Anyway don't want to hijack the match thread.
LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

Regarding our away numbers yesterday,this has come from David Gold on twitter
@George94_whufc: @DavidGoldWHU How many fans did we take up to Hull today?” 5000 they were great the Hull chairman couldn't believe it DG
From where I was stood there didn't seem to be that many of us there! Someone said earlier in thread that the OS said we had just under 2600. So, what reason is there for Gold to say we took 5k up there? It's like our board have got into the habit of lying to us supporters and now just can't stop themselves. :thdn:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

saint_ed wrote:What doesn't make sense!? You clearly are a bigger team, and have a bigger fan base than us, therefore your attendances will be higher. Makes perfect sense to me.

Anyway don't want to hijack the match thread.
Missing the point....im not comparing our home crowds.

I just don't understand why you had so many more for a midweek game against us than you did against Boro on a Saturday.

Don't worry about hijacking a thread fella....im sure others find it interesting.

I would have imagined you would be putting up the house full sign every home game.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

WHU88 wrote:
From where I was stood there didn't seem to be that many of us there! Someone said earlier in thread that the OS said we had just under 2600. So, what reason is there for Gold to say we took 5k up there? It's like our board have got into the habit of lying to us supporters and now just can't stop themselves. :thdn:
I don't think he was lying....the whole end only holds 4k and there was a block either side empty so it was obviously less.

Think he probably is just really happy with our away support compared to Brums.

QPR only took a couple of hundred to Hull last season...so the Hull top brass probably compared the two and congratulated him on our following.
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

Was the Matt Fryatt sitter a miss or save?
We were down the other end, but it looked like a glaring miss, but the ref gave a corner.
On the Football League Show they didn't acknowledge the corner nor the 'save'. Odd.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Another good away win for the Hammers yesterday. The lad Baldock seems to be a more promising player every week.
stubbsy07

Post by stubbsy07 »

I thought it was a bit of a smash and grab to be honest. Green, Faye and Baldock were very good IMO. Cole changed the game when he came on.

One moan - our full backs are poor.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

roblo wrote:Was the Matt Fryatt sitter a miss or save?
We were down the other end, but it looked like a glaring miss, but the ref gave a corner.
On the Football League Show they didn't acknowledge the corner nor the 'save'. Odd.
It was defo a save....your eyes are pony 8-)
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

stubbsy07 wrote:One moan - our full backs are poor.
They're the side's acchilles heel, imo.

I think Le Faubs is a RM only, to be honest - not disciplined enough to hold a line over the 90 - and, as much as there's little wrong with McCartney, he's also too easily caught for pace once he's been dragged out of position.

With O'Brien in and out of fitness and our having no obvious back up for Linda, its the area of the team that needs the most attention (and is probably the one which receives the most attention from other coaches plotting our downfall).
Hackney Hammer

Post by Hackney Hammer »

McCartney is lacking some confidence to be fair, but he's ok. Faubert simply isn't a defender, O'Brien is reliable. I'm looking forward to seeing Demel is action.
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

stubbsy07 wrote:our full backs are poor.
Given that we're no longer in the habit of conceding every time the opposition waltz down our flanks, I'd argue the opposite.
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

Romford wrote:It was defo a save....your eyes are pony 8-)
I was in the second row, that's my excuse. Saying that, couldn't see a touch on the FLS, and clearly the commentators & editorial team missed it too.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Looked like a miss to me. It seemed to go well over Green's out stretched arm....edit...he might have well got a fingertip to it having watched the fls analysis.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Could have been posted at any time for about the last 8 or 9 years. I can't remember the last time we had two really good full-backs playing regularly, Timmy Breacker & Dicksie or maybe (for a few games at least) Johnson and Brevett?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

roblo wrote:
I was in the second row, that's my excuse. Saying that, couldn't see a touch on the FLS, and clearly the commentators & editorial team missed it too.
I'm lucky with my minces...and saw it perfectly
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Denbighammer wrote:

Could have been posted at any time for about the last 8 or 9 years. I can't remember the last time we had two really good full-backs playing regularly, Timmy Breacker & Dicksie or maybe (for a few games at least) Johnson and Brevett?
I'm not sure Brevett was ever up to much TBH fella
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Throughly enjoyed the game, I've driven 982 miles this weekend, shattered!

Most enjoyable bit? Our Barca-esque 2nd goal, looks better every time I see it. :thup:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Hammer Laffers wrote: Most enjoyable bit? Our Barca-esque 2nd goal, looks better every time I see it. :thup:
A superb goal, great bit of football, a real leaping in the air, punching the sky , hugging your mate moment .