Transfer Window: January 2012

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Dan1326
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Re: Jan transfer window 2012

Post by Dan1326 »

Tevez :raver:
I am Legend
Has liked: 1550 likes
Total likes: 1622 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Celik, Klasnic and Diamanti

Brescia havent paid us so maybe we can take him back anyway.
TheFuMaster

Post by TheFuMaster »

Ridgewell
Wittingham (The one from Cardiff)
A CB

Mame Biram Diouf on loan

Sell Piq
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

I am Legend wrote: Diamanti

Brescia havent paid us so maybe we can take him back anyway.
We already have Cole, Piq, Carew and Baldock. Why would be get another striker in?
KernowHammer8
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by KernowHammer8 »

Ridgewell if we are after a defender.

But who we really need to get is Craig Noone. Absolute quality winger from Brighton. Would add another dimension to our team.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1550 likes
Total likes: 1622 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Yea Why Not wrote:We already have Cole, Piq, Carew and Baldock. Why would be get another striker in?
Id play him on the left of a 3 man attack with Cole and baldock.

And id play him as a creative attacker behind 2 strikers at times.

The man is a luxury player but will score freekicks, long shots, create goals and win some games.

We NEED a creative player/passer like Beneyoun, Berkovic, Di Canio etc. And seeing they are rare and we dont have much money, Diamanti is the one that sprung to mind, even though he isnt in the above mentioneds league
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

I didn't really want Diamanti to leave when he did

He may of hogged the ball a bit at times, and he was also anonymous for some games, but he was always capable of pinging a pass, striking a long shot or creating something out of nothing

He also took some cracking penalties and free kicks.. I would love to have him back, but I doubt he would want to come back
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Last edited by the pink palermo on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whu_Law23
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by Whu_Law23 »

Hopefully (I fully expect us to) we'll still be around the auto promotion slots, come january time, with a nice gap too please! Maybe the the prospect of Premier league football can hopefully tempt a few decent players, especially that Celik, with Parma sniffing around!
I'd like ridgewell, good and virsatile defender, just what we need.
Another striker if we're going to get rid of Piq and sears, maybe a loan, then in the summer, make it a priority.

Other than a tricky winger and cover, for the first time in ages, I generally happy with our squad (bar illunga and maybe Piq)
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

I'd say go for that Celik and I'd be quite happy if we got him.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

More Worried about who we could lose .Tompkins must be on most Premiership teams radar
the_real_devonshire

Post by the_real_devonshire »

Surely we need to strengthen with some good quality younger players that we can bring on for the future??

Ferdinand @ Southend
Rhodes @ Huddersfield (although they dont need to sell)
Voronin

Post by Voronin »

A winger with creativity and pace (Celik, allthough he will not make an immidiate impact).
A centre half
A left back

If we get promotoed we should go all out for a top class no. 9 in the summer, but for know we have sufficient quality there.
btw. How is Barrerra doing in Spain?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

A mobile striker to compliment Baldock up front. Piq, Carew and Sears have shown they are not goalscorers and we cannot depend on Little Sam and Cole to play 180 minutes of football every week between now and the end of the season without running the risk of one, or perish the thought, both picking up an injury and being sidelined for a month or more. Furthermore, we will need to change things if we are chasing a game and what we have in reserve, is unreliable. If there is any truth in the rumour that I picked up that we are intrested in Chamahk, he would be the ideal partner for Baldock with CC as sub, or maybe rotate these three, depending on circumstances. I would also like to see a ball carrier in midfield too.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Would love Shelvy, young, already looking good in this league, a West Ham fan as well, CM partnership of Noble and Shelvey, would love to see him here.

Also we need another CB at some point.
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

I think the medium term shopping list has a lot of positions on it.

Left back.
Centre half.
Dynamic midfielder
Nippy winger.

I think we're adequately covered in goal, especially numbers-wise. Our first three centre half choices are more than good enough for this league, and O'Brien, Demel and Faubert at a push are good options at right full back.

Whilst Taylor can fill in and McCartney is steady, we could do with a younger, more dynamic left full back on a permanent deal, possibly from this league or the league below.

In midfield, we have a myriad of options for the central positions; however, our players are too similar. I feel that Noble, Nolan and Collison should all be competing for the same central midfield spot -- although they play in different ways, with Noble being deeper-lying and the most classically creative, and Nolan and Collison being more prone to popping up in the box, all three ought to be the 'attacking' central midfielder if we are playing a flat midfield four. In a midfield five (or three, Sam!) we can get away with playing two of them, but we need a pacier option who isn't afraid to buzz around in front of the defensive line. I feel that O'Brien and Diop can fulfil this role in the short term, but that the fitness of these two is questionable over a 46-game season, and additionally O'Brien may be considered the first choice right back -- although not by me. Perhaps one of Moncur, Vose or Lee is the answer, but I can't see Sam turning to these in January.

Although I rate Faubert as a 'winger' who is also solid in midfield, and feel that he has good pace and a good cross on him (despite the general consensus of KUMB -- and the tide is turning on that), and I feel that Taylor is good at what he does, I do feel that we need a third option, preferably left sided to cover for Taylor's periods of absence. I'd like to see a winger who is more comfortable with the ball at his feet, willing to run at the full back and whip the ball in. He needn't be the best crosser, as long as he can promote panic in the penalty area!

Up front, Cole and Carew are the best target man options in the league, and Baldock is proving to be a goalscoring talent. Although I feel that Sears could be the back-up to Baldock, I feel that Sam is reluctant enough to play 4-4-2 as it is, and that the unavailability of Baldock would be the excuse he needs to revert to one up front. Piq is a decent reserve option, although he should not be making the bench every week. Of course, we also have the option of playing Nolan behind one of the big guys. I don't feel we need to bring in another striker.

I think we are amply covered for all eventualities as it is, with Demel, O'Brien and Diop able to deputise at centre half, at least two options at each full back position and plenty of midfielders and attackers. I'd like to see us spend a little money with a lot of wisdom and foresight, looking to the lower leagues for promising players, á la Baldock, in the full back, centre half, midfield and wing positions, with a winger being the 'priority', if there is one, rather than splurging lots of money on wages for another ageing warhorse.

Or something.
stubbsy07

Post by stubbsy07 »

A left back and a midfielder with pace please!!!!
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1482 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

I really liked the look of Luke carney of portsmouth when we played them. But our priority is to hold on to our better players IMHO.
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

Time to put the lights up then lads ?
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

paulhs1 wrote:I really liked the look of Luke carney of portsmouth

Nah, he's a bit too much of a circus act for my liking.