West Ham Utd 1 Burnley 2 (03/12/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Re: West Ham Utd v Burnley: match thread

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Further proof that we need a second striker, esp at home. Had Baldy been fit, fairly sure we would have won that
Was just saying this on the way home, the amount of balls we had go across the face of goal with no one gambling on the back post or running in to meet the ball was really annoying, the sort of area where Baldock would have finished.
jimcollins65

Post by jimcollins65 »

I couldnt see burnley scoring and thought we ran the game but that dont mean anything if you dont score the goals. Thought cole was good, nolan and collison done good but the big dissapointment is not taking advantage of southampton losing.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

TheAlmightyAmmer wrote:I hope the purists liked it today

Complete domination, not being clinical and conceding two headers, we played the West Ham way today :lol:
Great Sum up...

I thought some of the football we played today was lovely...especially Young Jackie.

First time someone has come and parked the bus too !?

Just not our day...Burnley were VERY lucky.
PaoloD
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by PaoloD »

Nolan impressed today, he was the one who wanted it most, just a shame he missed an open net.

Faubert was very bad, back to the bad old days of last season.

Not sure about Tomkins at the moment. Not sure who is at fault for the goal but some general dodgy decision making is worrying. That and a pechant to pass back to Green far too much - seriously frustrating!
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Doc H Ball wrote:Ironically I thought we played some of our best football in the first half, kept the ball down and started where we'd left off in Boro.

Further proof that we need a second striker, esp at home. Had Baldy been fit, fairly sure we would have won that.

Not enough people giving credit to Burnley - thought they played really well.
How can you give credit to a team that only came into our half about ten times mate ??

I thought they were the poorest side i'd seen in E13

Opinions eh :lol:
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

I thought some of the football we played today was lovely...especially Young Jackie.

First time someone has come and parked the bus too!
Jack's movement today was exceptional, the move in the first half when he linked up with Faubert 2/3? times was superb, he also made a couple of nice flicks today was very impressed with what I saw.

First time, and it won't be the last unfortunately. :thdn:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

PaoloD wrote:Nolan impressed today, he was the one who wanted it most, just a shame he missed an open net.

Faubert was very bad, back to the bad old days of last season.
To be fair he missed our 2 best chances...although he did work hard and earned his place.

Faubert had an off day and should have been subbed for Demel
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

Doc H Ball wrote:
Not enough people giving credit to Burnley - thought they played really well.
Funny enough, i actually thought they worse team that has visited us all season.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1917 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Romford wrote:
How can you give credit to a team that only came into our half about ten times mate ??

I thought they were the poorest side i'd seen in E13

Opinions eh :lol:
Hello mate.

Well, they were 1.0 down and looked ****ed yet came back with 2 lovely balls in. They also defended for their lives and actually looked quite comfy at the end.

As you say, all a matter of opinion, but so far this thread has just moaned about our performance and I think that underestimates the effort Burnley put in.
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

Well done Burnley. Howe got them to react well to our goal and generally they hung in there.
Of course we should have been clear by half time, but why does Sam think Faubert is a striker?
Lots of good performances and a our best passing game, but we miss Baldock.
TheFuMaster

Post by TheFuMaster »

We seemed to capitulate when Taylor went off injured.....
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

TheAlmightyAmmer wrote:I hope the purists liked it today

Complete domination, not being clinical and conceding two headers, we played the West Ham way today :lol:
Yep, there's a lot to be said for the Northerner's percentage football.

Still, any other day we probably would have one. Southampton lost and we're still 6 clear of third so no real damage done.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Thought the ref had a good game apart from not chasing up their timewasting...best we've had this season
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Strange feeling to see us dominate and come away with nothing. Burnley are probably still in shock that they put the ball in our area twice and come away with three points.

It was just one of them days and im not going to moan as i have see us go to other grounds and be even more jammy than Burnley were today.

Bad day, but Southampton lost so it softens the blow.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

RyanWHUFC wrote: Jack's movement today was exceptional, the move in the first half when he linked up with Faubert 2/3? times was superb, he also made a couple of nice flicks today was very impressed with what I saw.

First time, and it won't be the last unfortunately. :thdn:
he was excellent today and you can see how much he has grown in confidence since earlier in the season. His first few games back from injury he was nervy and kept knocking the ball backwards for a safe easy pass but today he was looking to move the ball forward, Playing through balls and little flicks, hope he keeps it up !
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

Romford wrote:Thought the ref had a good game apart from not chasing up their timewasting...best we've had this season

Must have been good because i did not even notice him during the game.
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

he was excellent today and you can see how much he has grown in confidence since earlier in the season. His first few games back from injury he was nervy and kept knocking the ball backwards for a safe easy pass but today he was looking to move the ball forward, Playing through balls and little flicks, hope he keeps it up !
Definitely mate, I'd be happy to see him start forming a good partnership with Noble, just need some game time together to get that understanding and hopefully they can go from there.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Romford wrote:Thought the ref had a good game apart from not chasing up their timewasting...best we've had this season
Best we have had down here this season. Let the game flow and neither side could accuse him of bias
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

RyanWHUFC wrote: Jack's movement today was exceptional, the move in the first half when he linked up with Faubert 2/3? times was superb, he also made a couple of nice flicks today was very impressed with what I saw.
It's a shame he's going to be stuck out on the left again until Taylor comes back from injury.

I hope Taylor's injury proves to be minor.
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

It's a shame he's going to be stuck out on the left again until Taylor comes back from injury.

I hope Taylor's injury proves to be minor.
It is a shame mate, looked very good to me today, I also hope his injury isn't to bad. Collison needs playing time in the middle and like I just said I'd like to see him and Noble get a good understanding between them.