tuesday's news 10th jan includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

tuesday's news 10th jan includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

the sun

By George! Hammers get John

WEST HAM hope to finalise a move for FC Dallas centre-back George John.

John, 24, was also a target for Blackburn but reports suggest that Hammers boss Sam Allardyce has won the race to sign him.

the mirror

West Ham close in on double signing

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce is ready to make a splash in the transfer market by signing Evian striker Yannick Sagbo.

Big Sam’s top spies saw Sagbo in French Cup action at the weekend and Hammers could make an offer for the former Monaco prospect in the next few days.

Sagbo, 23, is keen to come to England after helping little Evian make a big impact in French football.

The Benin international would cost around £2million and Hammers are trying to move out some of their strike force to make way for his arrival.

* BUSY Hammers are also signing United States international defender George John to bolster their Premier League promotion bid.

FC Dallas defender John left their pre-season training camp to head for London where he went through a medical in an attempt to complete a move to England at the second attempt.

The 24-year-old was due to join Blackburn last summer, but doubts about an ankle problem brought talks to an end.

Now. though, John is ready for the challenge and available for a low fee of around £200,000 as his contract with the Texan team is running out.

the mirror

Rob Green linked with move to France

West Ham keeper Rob Green has reached stalemate over his future at Upton Park - and that has sparked interest from French club Monaco.

The Hammers hierarchy are reluctant to begin new contract negotiations with the 31-year-old until they know whether they will get back into the Premier League.

Green is still on Premier League money and West Ham are trying to run a tighter ship in the Championship, even though the England keeper is out of contract at the end of the season.

the mail

Scouring the globe for talent: Allardyce

West Ham look to bring in FC Dallas defender John on loan as Allardyce ramps up Rhodes bid

West Ham are trying to sign FC Dallas defender George John on loan.

The 24-year-old was due to join Blackburn last summer but the deal fell through over work permit issues.

John has dual nationality for the US and Greece but has yet to win a full international cap.

Meanwhile, Sam Allardyce is hoping to advance his bid for Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes.

Goalkeeper Robert Green is a possible target for Monaco as Sebastien Chabbert has a knee injury.

daily express

Frank Lampard could make a return to West Ham in the summer :lol:

FRANK Lampard could end his career back at his first club West Ham.

Unhappy at a lack of opportunities at Chelsea under Andre Villas Boas, Lampard, 33, is poised to move in the summer if things do not improve.

A return to West Ham, who he left in 2001, depends on them winning promotion to the Premier League but Lampard would take a pay-cut.

goal,com

Japan striker Ryoichi Maeda set for West Ham trial

The two-time J-League Golden Boot winner is allegedly set for a five-day trial with the Championship club who are bidding for a return to the Premier League

Nippon Sports has reported that Jubilo Iwata striker Maeda will arrive in England on Tuesday as West Ham manager Sam Allardyce looks to bolster his attacking options to enhance West Ham's bid for promotion.

sporting life

MONCUR SEALS DONS LOAN MOVE

AFC Wimbledon have signed rookie midfielder George Moncur on loan from West Ham.

The 18-year-old will link up with Terry Brown's side on an initial month-long deal until February 4.

Moncur is an England Under-19 international and the son of former Hammers midfielder John Moncur.

He has yet to make his senior debut for the Hammers but was an unused substitute in the win at Brighton in October.

Moncur links up with fellow Upton Park Academy graduate Callum McNaughton, who joined the Dons on a free transfer last week.

He could make his debut in Saturday's trip to Port Vale.

west ham till i die

http://www.westhamtillidie.com/2012/01/ ... l+I+Die%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which 5 Players Should West Ham Sell?

Obviously our first concern, as fans, is who we might be signing in this transfer window to improve our team’s chances of gaining promotion. We all have our views on what the priorities should be. After nine days I guess most of us had expected someone to have been signed by now. Well, word is we have signed someone. A player no one has ever heard of called George John from Dallas. Great. I’m sure you’re as excited as me!

But of course, this is also time to do some business by selling some fringe players. Again, we’ll all have views. I have created a simple one question poll, where you can nominate up to 5 players you think we should sell during this transfer window.

Vote HERE

Chelsea and England midfielder Frank Lampard could end his career back at his first club West Ham.
Daily Express

Manchester United are considering a move for Olympiakos right-back Vasilis Torosidis.
Daily Mail

Owen Coyle's Bolton have made a surprise swoop on neighbours Blackburn for their midfielder Junior Hoilett.
Bolton News

Meanwhile, Rovers manager Steve Kean says nothing should be read into the absence of Rovers' in-demand stars in the FA Cup on Saturday - as he looks to add new faces before their match against Fulham this weekend.
Lancashire Telegraph

Stoke are giving a trial to Dutch Eredivisie side VVV-Venlo's striker Michael Uchebo, who is known as the Nigerian Peter Crouch. At Daily Mirror

Arsenal are believed to be planning a move for Chelsea striker Salomon Kalou.
talkSPORT

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas insists play-maker Yoann Gourcuff is going nowhere this month, despite continued speculation linking him with the Gunners.
Sky Sports

Midfielder Mario Gotze has dealt a blow to his Premier League suitors by saying he may extend his Borussia Dortmund contract.
: the Sun

Striker Daniel Sturridge has alerted Premier League rivals as Chelsea stall on securing his long-term future at Stamford Bridge.
Daily Mail

Chelsea target Hulk will not force a move away from Porto in the January transfer window - although his agent has hinted that a summer move for less than his £83m release clause could be a possibility.
: Metro

Tottenham defender William Gallas says he has turned down an offer from Paris Saint-Germain.
Daily Mirror

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is believed to ready to make a £30m bid for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.
Caught Offside

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic is staying put at Old Trafford - and his agent says the chances of him leaving are as likely as Lionel Messi quitting Barcelona.
talkSPORT

DFB (German Football Association) general secretary Wolfgang Niersbach is believed to be eager to rebuild bridges with former Germany captain Michael Ballack. The 35-year-old lost his place in Germany's 2010 World Cup squad due to injury and was later informed he was no longer in the plans of manager Joachim Loew.
Bild (in German)

Former England captain David Beckham was all smiles when he met striker Mario Balotelli at the Etihad Stadium during Manchester United's 3-2 win over Manchester City on Sunday, but after the polite exchange the 36-year-old seemed to wipe his nose with a City shirt.
Metro

Former Aston Villa and Bolton defender Jlloyd Samuel has found a new club - in Iran.

babe of the day

http://www.nuts.co.uk/images/gallery/20 ... k_188_.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Re: tuesday's news 10th jan includes west ham

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Cheers CH :thup:
Al the Dog

Post by Al the Dog »

Thanks CH.

I personally think there is more chance of me having a threesome with Kylie and Danni Minogue than Fat Frank coming back.

And to be perfectly honest, I would much prefer a threesome with Kylie and Danni!!!!!! :twisted:
TheAlmightyAmmer

Post by TheAlmightyAmmer »

Thanks CH
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH, as always.
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Cheers CH!

Don't think I'd want Fat Frank back to be, er, frank.
Greeno seems pretty much gone if his contract is due to expire come summer, which is a shame as he has been one of my favourite players.
trick88

Post by trick88 »

Cheers CH :thup: Does anyone know more info on sagbo is worth signing him over rhodes?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Cheers CH ~ Hammers are trying to move out some of their strike force to make way for his arrival.

No prizes for guessing which of our misfiring duds
trick88

Post by trick88 »

Puff Daddy wrote:No prizes for guessing which of our misfiring duds
All of them?? [with exception of maybe Baldock - gotta give the kid a chance]
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

If we're looking to bring in Maeda and this Evian chap - and still sign Rhodes - we're going to have the biggest strikeforce since Operation Desert Storm by the end of the month
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

Monaco are in bigger trouble than us.

Bottom of the French 2nd division.

Still I wouldnt mind shacking up there for bit.
MattHammer83

Post by MattHammer83 »

Just asked one of my team mates at work who's a PSG fan and apparently Sagbo is pretty good. He described him as a cross between Nani and Henry... Sounds good to me.
Maeda will be great if we can get him too, I'm liking the way Big Sam is thinking, I was pretty much expecting another Bolton raid in January.
Fatty Lumpard coming back? Somehow I doubt it but stranger things have happened, I found it amusing that the news story below it on the Express website was that Newcastle had rejected a bid for Tomkins..... Great Journalism that.
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

It would be cheaper to get someone to take Piq and Carew out from 1000 yards into a head wind. Then we can get someone decent in.

CH you are a gentleman and a scholar sir
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Jarvo »

Cheers CH

I thought Ryoichi Maeda was "too good" for a trial? :think:
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

DEMBA BA has put the frighteners up the Toon Army by insisting he would love to join Paris St Germain.
But Newcastle are hopeful of keeping the 15-goal hitman despite it being revealed he has a £7million buy-out clause in his contract.

Ba, currently on African Nations Cup duty with Senegal, said: "Join PSG? Yes, why not? It's possible.

"I've always supported PSG. It's a club that's enticing. But it will be difficult to do that in January."I'm in Newcastle, fans like me, and then the transfer market will be closed when I go back, so I'm not focused on it.

"My first goal is the African Nations Cup then I want to continue playing good for Newcastle."

Ba, 26, is loving life as a Premier League hitman, as he used to stop goals. He added: "Until I was 18 or 19 I was a defensive midfielder."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
nobleforengland

Post by nobleforengland »

10 Iron

Post by 10 Iron »

In Out, in Out,shake it all about, let me know when its all done fellas,

Pompey here we come.

Cheers CH
Hammer Smith