The January 2012 transfer window

The very best posts from KUMB over the years ...

Moderator: Gnome

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Trap

Did you, or have you read any of Pinky's posts ? He specifically details (as does Swiss Pauli) how the club would have funded the transfer dealings, not with the money that the owners put in, but in the form of loans. Fair enough, we don't expect them to be out of pocket, it is a business.

So in this event then, they actually never did put anything in then, in the form of loans or not, because to your figures we paid all of the fees over the terms of the contract.

What of the 10M that you spoke of in the post I quoted ? Or that bristol's 4.5 M that you dismiss as a myth ? So you go from a 10M couple of deals to less than nothing. No problem with that, but let's call it what it is ?

So actually we ain't got a pot to pi$$ in as alluded to by Pinky et al ?

Your defence of the owners is fine mate, it is honestly. But I don't understand you telling me I don't understand the point when all I have said is we never had the money to pay for Sordell or Rhodes or Jelavic or any others then, which is maybe why we didn't land any of them. And now you seem to be saying that I am pretty well correct.

Go back over your posts mate:



Trap1 wrote:The £4 million pound myth is going to be exposed for sure!!
Totaaly bonkers when you consider we have made two offers over that figure plus two official offers that had they been accepted would have busted the £10 million.
There is no budget, G&S will buy something they believe to be good value - after all, it's their own money.


Trap1 wrote:BTW we have just put in a third bid for Jordan Rhodes as per the Daily Mirror.
This appears to be a WHUFC last throw of the dice...
New Jordan Rhodes and Richard Snodgrass offer now in.


Trap1 wrote:Wormley,
Sure. two offers for Jordan Rhodes (yes, I disagree with Alan Nixon on the figure), plus one for Marvin Sordell of which Watford have decided to sit on.
Ultimately Sam wants Rhodes and the cash is going on him or another striker Sordell still being a possible. The club will unveil Edgar Costa (loan) tomorrow.


You certainly seem to indicate that we have money to spend..or am I wrong ?? And all these bids are, like suggested, peanuts up front knowing that they more than likely wouldn't be accepted but looked good in print.

Great P.R.
User avatar
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
 
Posts: 22995
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:19 pm
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby The Boys from the Boleyn on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Trap


I think its easier to approach Trap's posts if you treat him like a human version of newsnow.co.uk - i.e. essentially a rehash of all relevant ongoing transfer stories appearing in the media.
User avatar
The Boys from the Boleyn
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:30 pm

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby Trap1 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Cuenca,

You are absolutely impossible to have a chat with because of your ability to use selective quoting which is totally out of context.

Originally I came on here and told people before Christmas that there would be little activity. After this, DS and DG both confirmed they would use their own money to fund our business. This is entirely consistent with the fact there was no budget for transfers - there wasn't any money spare.

I gave you the info about two bids totally around £10 million which was mere confirmation of what had already been offered by Jack Sullivan aka David Sullivan.

I have consistently disagreed with budgets because there wasn't one according to my info and I still hold that view. West Ham have not spent anywhere near £4 million this window, neither has David Sullivan or David Gold.

On Tuesday I criticised the board in agreement with comments already made by Pink Palermo. My view after speaking with people, was that the club were guilty of some over zealous PR. They are guilty of this because they made it known that they would personally pay for players and named those targets and even suggested the market prices (see JSullivanwhu). That created the image West Ham were prepared to pay for these players. No one can be entirely sure as to their intentions, but I have made my position clear to the world (except you), that I don't believe they had any intention to spend that money.

Why you are choosing to go on about this I haven't a clue. Bristol and myself have discussed the matter and have a different viewpoint/information. You, as you are entitled to do so, have chosen to take someone elses view point because you have used headline transfer fee figures. Strange that you consider to do this, when giving the Sordell instalment comments. It does appear that you are guilty of once again selectively choosing things to suit your argument.

Now that may seem a bit too long an explanation so here is a brief summary...

I've put out information on transfers, it is not my view but information received

I have criticised the board for their transfer policy at the end of the window. This is my opinion based on conversations I have had with people.

I have stated that I believe there was no budget.

You appear to want to have the usual 'Trap1 is a mouthpiece for the board' discussion.

You've missed the point and are dragging up posts for no reason whatsoever - give it a rest and let's move on.


* Boys from the Boleyn - Not sure why you feel the need to enter a discussion when you have nothing to add. For your information (not that you give two hoots), I've been disappointed with what I've heard from some people and on Tuesday posted some info and PM'd the editor of this site, with a name of the source because I felt that I owed the site some gesture of transparency.

You will all be delighted that this is the last time I will be entering info on the GD site. Before you suggest I'm throwing my toys out of the pram, I can tell you that I have ended my relationship with my source at WHUFC because I feel that some of the information is one sided. So unless it comes from my good friends at Sky, or the contacts I have built up through local media both print and broadcast then you can safely say I no longer have any track at Upton Park.
Last edited by Trap1 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trap1
 
Posts: 8537
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:55 pm

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:32 pm

I have consistently disagreed with budgets because there wasn't one according to my info and I still hold that view.

Well someone was telling huge porkies and someone stills believes them apparently.

Like I said, a piece that you seem to have overlooked:

I believe that you post in good faith but that I think that faith is misplaced and you do yourself a disservice when you jump on people who question both you and the board.

That's it.
User avatar
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
 
Posts: 22995
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:19 pm
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby Trap1 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:I have consistently disagreed with budgets because there wasn't one according to my info and I still hold that view.

Well someone was telling huge porkies and someone stills believes them apparently.

Like I said, a piece that you seem to have overlooked:

I believe that you post in good faith but that I think that faith is misplaced and you do yourself a disservice when you jump on people who question both you and the board.

That's it.


Headbanger

If I have criticised the board for their transfer policy and approach, then the above shows just how you have missed the point over and over again.
Trap1
 
Posts: 8537
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:55 pm

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby Bobby Orangeboom on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:44 pm

Trap1 wrote:Cuenca,

You are absolutely impossible to have a chat with because of your ability to use selective quoting which is totally out of context.

.


:lol:

Sorry
User avatar
Bobby Orangeboom
 
Posts: 34465
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:10 pm
Location: London, unfortunately.

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby bristolhammerfc on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:31 pm

bristolhammerfc wrote:Sam only has about 4 million including wages to play with.



Is what I actually said.

I wish I could elaborate more on how I knew, but have let UTJ know my source for this and for the Maynard stuff and he seems happy with it as genuine.

TBH, it would have been a pretty stupid thing to make up as I could have been made to look like an idiot if we had signed players for £8 million etc but I believed the person who told me and it proved correct.
User avatar
bristolhammerfc
 
Posts: 5560
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: In the city of Brunel, balloons and banksey.

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:38 pm

Trap

Your quotes weren't out of context. Maybe, like Hilary Clinton, you mis-spoke........

winky thing.....

And you posted about 4 words saying how disappointed you were that they had led people up a garden path.

At least I wasn't up the garden path with you lot, I was at home, looking through the window, quietly having a glass of Cab and snickering .....

:lol:
User avatar
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
 
Posts: 22995
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:19 pm
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby hammer1975 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:33 am

Not related to the January transfer window but more the last summer one - did we nearly buy James Maclean who ended up at Sunderland? Looks a bloody bargain for 350k
User avatar
hammer1975
 
Posts: 4602
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:16 pm

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:45 am

Yeah and we also missed out on Sordell 'cause we bid about 250K up front, 100K if he made the full England squad, 1K for every goal he scored over 150, another 500K if he made full international team and scored on his debut, another 2M if he scored the winner in the WC Final and and 2M if he scored the winner if we played Barca in Turin in 2015 in the CL final and we won 5-2.

No fkcuing wonder we never signed the kid....................

BUT. Luckily we had 10M spare change down the back of the settee...

but never had to use it...phew

:lol:
User avatar
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
 
Posts: 22995
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:19 pm
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby Horace on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:15 am

Trap1 wrote:I have ended my relationship with my source at WHUFC because I feel that some of the information is one sided.

The spotty ginger lad at the ticket office must be heartbroken...
Horace
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:08 pm

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:31 am

Trap

Glad you dumped Karren as your source, she is a bit one sided. Well according to the pictures that C.H. posts I would suggest 2 sided. And a wonderful 2 sided she is....

Like I said you post in good faith. But to me and others it is Blind Faith (no disrespect to Stevie Winwood et al).

Question what you hear or say, "You know what, this is what I have got, but in all fairness....................."

The Gollies are not God's Gift. They're business men. Fair enough. As Pinky alludes to, good eggs, but you could put your money in, in the form of equity.

Not that I know that much about business, but from the layman's viewpoint reading what those who do post, and with the expiration of the Forest fella would be better served doing it that way.

AND. Would make us all understand that these blokes, although they're fans, didn't make a mint by being stupid.

Gollies are not saviours. I am not sure they're even really naughty boys.


Not at their age.

:lol:
User avatar
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
 
Posts: 22995
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:19 pm
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby beckton on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:00 am

Trap1 wrote:You will all be delighted that this is the last time I will be entering info on the GD site. Before you suggest I'm throwing my toys out of the pram, I can tell you that I have ended my relationship with my source at WHUFC because I feel that some of the information is one sided.




Thanks Trap.


:lol:
User avatar
beckton
 
Posts: 12276
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:41 pm
Location: Hanging on by my fingertips.

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby HammerMan2004 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:56 am

<post removed>
Last edited by Up the Junction on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Flaming.
User avatar
HammerMan2004
 
Posts: 15658
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:01 pm
Location: I have no idea.

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby LeonRivers on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:12 am

Piquionne to Doncaster on loan?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... aster.html

Have they come onto some money recently? It'd be good if they could cover his entire wage.
User avatar
LeonRivers
 
Posts: 5126
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:57 pm
Location: Way out of your league

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby swash on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:27 pm

LeonRivers wrote:Piquionne to Doncaster on loan?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... aster.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have they come onto some money recently? It'd be good if they could cover his entire wage.


Start up the engine, I'll drive him there myself, and pay for the petrol!
swash
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby HammerMan2004 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:38 pm

<post removed>
Last edited by Up the Junction on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Flaming.
User avatar
HammerMan2004
 
Posts: 15658
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:01 pm
Location: I have no idea.

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby Ben on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:15 pm

Trap said the same thing at the end of the last transfer window :lol:

I know I have picked up on him before but I don't think he should stop posting as a lot on here like it.. and without the completely biased pro board info it probably wouldn't be half as bad anyway.

with regards to what we spent surely including wages Bristol's £4m figure is pretty close?
Maynard - £1.6m plus sign on fee, wages and agen fees
Vaz Te - 750k ish? plus above fees

They are both players out of contract in the summer so there must have been some sweeteners.

then Morrison was surely around 600k plus agent fees etc.
and a loan fee, wages for John
User avatar
Ben
 
Posts: 11528
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:00 pm
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby Side of Ham on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:57 pm

I love the way some posters on here don't like the way G&S want to run the club as a business regarding transfers, i.e. get their money back and some... at sometimes us the 'customers' expense.

Isn't that what business is? :D

Anyway i first went to West Ham to see some football even if it ended up being the opposition playing it, and stand where i felt like i was most suited, now it's all business jargon and adding up what was spent that day compared to what i've received for the money.
User avatar
Side of Ham
 
Posts: 4072
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:30 pm

Re: The January 2012 transfer window

Postby stickycotteepudding on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:02 am

Please, please, please, please let the Piqiounne story to Donny be true! One of the most frustrating and useless players I can remember for quite a while.

I remember after he scored that goal against Everton and Spurs I thought he had been quality for us. Don't understand what happened to him. Surely this league should be easier, he just don't give a ****.
User avatar
stickycotteepudding
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:18 am

PreviousNext

Return to KUMB Hall of Fame

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests