wednesday's news 8th feb includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Re: wednesday's news 8th feb includes west ham

Post by dapablo »

Homophobic stigmatism will always occur in machismo sections of society, you have to treat them like children who still need to learn the difference between right and wrong.

I am disapointed the club was not astute enough to insist that any public broadcast accounts should of been shut when he signed for us after all one doen't need to be a brain scientist to forsee this one.
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

roblo wrote:What a silly silly boy. Why use such derogatory language in a public forum? So stupid. It's bad enough that people still think this way, let alone express it on Twitter :thdn:

Lee Steele got sacked from my local non-league side for some equally offensive. I hope Morrison get's a stern talking.
Since when did poofs claim the word faggot as their own?? Maybe we need to check with them before using it. I'm going to PM Lewishammer as I wish to call my mate, who has done something less than manly, a faggot.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1224 likes
Total likes: 1643 likes

Post by last.caress »

Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

dapablo wrote: I am disapointed the club was not astute enough to insist that any public broadcast accounts should of been shut when he signed for us after all one doen't need to be a brain scientist to forsee this one.
It's absolutely incredible especially as seeing that Allardyce seemed completely aware of the potential problems of him being on his own etc.

I once read soemthing about Chelsea's Human Resources department, or lack of one, when they signed Drogba.

He said that he effectively signed for them and that was that, he had to figure EVERYTHING out by himself which some would argue is a decent way to be but if you take into consideration that for some it's a new culture, country, climate, language etc, it's madness to think that commodity's ( which they are ) are left to work things out with little or no help.

Drogba went on to say that he made a point of helping every " foreign " player that Chelsea signed after that and made it his business to do so, so much so that he wanted to be paid by the club for what he was doing.

They have since set up a Human Resources department that deals with everything of course, but it's just something else to see how poorly the Business of football is actually run, given the sort of $$ in it..
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

The Truth is so many on twitter just do not think First! it is a storm in a teacup, but clubs should be pressing players to take care when they tweet as it not just themselves but the Club and the game that comes into question.
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

Great - just what the club needs - more evidence that Morrison is a clueless, malevolent git. Smart move letting everyone know that you're an uneducated homophobic gangster.

Decide for yourself who is more of an idiot: Morrison, or Mr Entertainment for signing him . . .
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

richneal wrote:Great - just what the club needs - more evidence that Morrison is a clueless, malevolent git. Smart move letting everyone know that you're an uneducated homophobic gangster.

Decide for yourself who is more of an idiot: Morrison, or Mr Entertainment for signing him . . .
Kin hell, he is now categorically homophobic because he called someone a " Faggot ", how incredibly ****ed up society really is.. :lol:
Faubert's Boot
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faubert's Boot »

Great - just what the club needs - more evidence that Morrison is a clueless, malevolent git. Smart move letting everyone know that you're an uneducated homophobic gangster.

^ *face palm*
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

richneal wrote:Great - just what the club needs - more evidence that Morrison is a clueless, malevolent git. Smart move letting everyone know that you're an uneducated homophobic gangster.

Knee Jerk b*llocks.

He is a kid, who should know better but clearly doesn't. As someone mentioned earlier, most kids call each other, gay, faggott etc, its just a way insulting each other or even something. I heard a young kid call Thomas the Tank 'Gay' the other week, when he used to like him when he was a bit younger. It seems it is generally the first insult that kids say (in front of their parents). Gone are the days when someone is called a wally.

Mr Morrison clearly isn't the sharpest tool in he box but it seems the press are going to hound him out of the game.
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

I'm just pleased he can write!!!!!
MattHammer83

Post by MattHammer83 »

Coops wrote:A 19 year old kid calls somebody a 'faggot' after being wound up on t'internet and that is headline news.
Kids use names like faggot and gay as insults, it isn't homophobic it is just the way they talk.

It seems Ravel is going to be attacked by the gutter press every time he puts a foot wrong.
I never buy the papers anymore, I just read the news on this thread every day.

Cheers CH.
Whilst i agree, and believe that me and my mates call eachother much worse, The problem is that he's supposed to be a professional in the public eye. It's all well and good saying it to his mates as a joke but in a public forum like Twitter he should have used his brain and just backed off. Silly boy. No doubt BS will be having words.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: Kin hell, he is now categorically homophobic because he called someone a " Faggot ", how incredibly ****ed up society really is.. :lol:
What your saying is totally right the worlds gone pc mad. Trouble is a 19 year old star is looked up to and followed on twitter by kids younger than him who will be the ones who get in to hot water when they use the same insult in the first argument they get in at school. This happened to my mates 14 year old, he's not a racist but used a phrase he got from elsewhere and got suspended.
Moral of the story, if your paying 3 million for a teenage player pay someone 50 grand a year to teach him and your other teenage commodities what they can and can't do in the public domain.
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

All this talk about Ravel's homophobia, yet no-one has picked up on the fact that CH has dropped BOTD without warning or explanation. Clearly he's a massive gayboy.
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

your his "mate" are you rocket, you sure about that ?
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

What really matters here is not so much what we think of the word 'faggot' but the fact that the kid needs to learn that as a professional and a public figure you cannot lay yourself open like that.

The media are just waiting for the next Gascoigne.
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

dapablo wrote:your his "mate" are you rocket, you sure about that ?
I am the "mate" of neither CH nor Ravel...
Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

Handbags at dawn..... :asleep:
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

There are some twits that should be allowed to tweet withou supervision.

Was it even his own account?
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

Really nice with pease pudding,carrots and mash.
Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

roblo wrote:What a silly silly boy. Why use such derogatory language in a public forum? So stupid. It's bad enough that people still think this way, let alone express it on Twitter :thdn:

Lee Steele got sacked from my local non-league side for some equally offensive. I hope Morrison get's a stern talking.
Why anyone uses twitter is beyond me. The first four letters give it away. I use twatter personally.