West Ham Utd 0 Crystal Palace 0 (25/02/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

steptoe61

Re: West Ham Utd v Crystal Palace: match thread

Post by steptoe61 »

ForeverWestHam wrote:Read the Palace responses, not only have they slated our football on Saturday but they've also slated our support. :think:
I think i am going to cry.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1647 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Who cares what fans of other teams think about our team?
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

ForeverWestHam wrote:Read the Palace responses, not only have they slated our football on Saturday but they've also slated our support. :think:
Think they are spot on TBF. The team were crap saturday, and the atmosphere was non-existant, even more so as it was a full house.

I think it has to go down as the most quiet and flat game I have been to.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Dyer's Leg wrote:
I think it has to go down as the most quiet and flat game I have been to.
Every Championship winning season contains a few shitty performances here and there!
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

I agree TTS, which is why I find no issue with what the palace fans are saying.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Dyer's Leg wrote:I agree TTS, which is why I find no issue with what the palace fans are saying.
Exactly.

One thing's for sure, there'll be a hell of a lot more noise at the Boleyn Ground when we score the goal that clinchs the title, than there will be at Selhurst Park when they score the goal that clinches 11th place!
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

So we are 2nd in the league and heading for promotion and they are middle of the table heading nowhere, i dont
think i will bother myself much with their opinions then.
monkeyhanger
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by monkeyhanger »

The Palace fans were among the most vocal I've seen at the Boleyn in a fair few seasons. Considering we had a full house our support was poor. I think it was more down to the early kick off and the expectation we would walk it after the last three games.
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

Turns to Stone wrote: One thing's for sure, there'll be a hell of a lot more noise at the Boleyn Ground when we score the goal that clinchs the title, than there will be at Selhurst Park when they score the goal that clinches 11th place!
Too flipping right :raver:
ForeverWestHam

Post by ForeverWestHam »

Yeah, who the f*ck are Palace anyway, Charlton's b*tch.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Turns to Stone wrote:
Not by me, Oust.

I've said time and time again that if Allardyce really wanted Nolan in the side than he and Noble would be fine in a four man midfield.

Plus, as I say, it's about the totally defensive holding midfielder. For example, Collison, Noble, Nolan is a completely different midfield to Tomkins, Noble, Nolan.

I've had no problem with the ideas of you and the rest of the 4 horsemen as mentioned above, but I've always thought that Nolan was one of our best 11 players and 1 of our best central midfielders so was worthy of his place in the side. That was always my argument, nothing to do with the formation and style.
Problem is mate, I honestly think we are too short on numbers without Diop or Tonka playing there. Nolan can't seem to figure out where he needs to be, as he is neither an outlet for a short ball nor close enough to Over Chuffed (or whomever plays there) so we are left with Noble, Faubert and Taylor as what's left of the 4. Noble plays a lot deeper and really isn't good at tackling enough (a la Scholes) So we get over run with the other team's at least 2. When Diop came back in we looked a lot better and allowed Nolan to do what he does best.

Fkcu all. Except pick up the odd goal, which in and of itself I not complaining about, but never plays a great through ball to O.C. never plays anyone else in, nor creates free kick or penalties. So basically, while I am not complaining about a 7 goal haul, he makes us play either short in midfield in a 4-4-2 or short up front in a 4-5-1.

Which is why I have been constantly complaining about most of his performances, but my biggest bug bear is that we really have to play a 4-5-1 even at home, with him in the team.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Turns to Stone wrote: One thing's for sure, there'll be a hell of a lot more noise at the Boleyn Ground when we score the goal that clinchs the title, than there will be at Selhurst Park when they score the goal that clinches 11th place!
To be honest, the Palace fans ARE pretty loud, and aside from a few exceptions, we've not been lately. Wouldn't surprise me if this is a close run thing, decibel-wise.
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

We have a few thousand at home games who want to sing, thing is most of them sit in the TBL or the corner where the away fans can't hear us and they assume we have no vocal support. We need to move en masse to the Bobby Moore really where the away support can see and hear us and create a sort of home end.
ForeverWestHam

Post by ForeverWestHam »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:We have a few thousand at home games who want to sing, thing is most of them sit in the TBL or the corner where the away fans can't hear us and they assume we have no vocal support. We need to move en masse to the Bobby Moore really where the away support can see and hear us and create a sort of home end.
Yeah I like the idea of that, we should adopt the Palace Ultras style, get a big drum, jump up and down, sing throughout, maybe a few flares even. :lol:
Last edited by ForeverWestHam on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:We have a few thousand at home games who want to sing, thing is most of them sit in the TBL or the corner where the away fans can't hear us and they assume we have no vocal support. We need to move en masse to the Bobby Moore really where the away support can see and hear us and create a sort of home end.
Sounds good to me. :thup:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Lets be Honest...Palace fans are mugs.

They have tried to re-invent themselves at least 3 times that i know.

Anyone who went to Cardiff knows what utter cack their support was on their biggest day.

If they ever came to the BG and do what we do at Selhurst on EVERY visit...they might have a point.
eaglejez

Post by eaglejez »

ForeverWestHam wrote:Yeah, who the f*ck are Palace anyway, Charlton's b*tch.

Oi...Brighton are our rivals. No one cares about Charlton !

You boys need to stop panicking. The football might not be fantastic but Fat Sam was brought in to get you up and he has almost done that. Considering we had our two best players out we did really well and haven't played that well much this season but was probably down to lack of pressure on us TBH.

Good luck for the rest of the season :)
eaglejez

Post by eaglejez »

Romford wrote:Lets be Honest...Palace fans are mugs.

They have tried to re-invent themselves at least 3 times that i know.

Anyone who went to Cardiff knows what utter cack their support was on their biggest day.

If they ever came to the BG and do what we do at Selhurst on EVERY visit...they might have a point.
:lol:
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Why anyone would have even the merest problem with such an irrelevant Club and even more irrelevant set of supporters is quite sad really.