monday's news 12th march includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

monday's news 12th march includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

the sun

Diouf: Hammers needed me

West Ham 1 Doncaster 1

EL-HADJI DIOUF believes Sam Allardyce made a big mistake in not signing him this season.

SAM ALLARDYCE called for his misfiring side to remain patient after another blow

The hitman was a real nuisance as relegation-threatened Donny dented the Hammers' title hopes.

Diouf starred against his former manager, set up James Coppinger for the equaliser and could have won it late on but for a stunning save from keeper Robert Green.

Skipper Kevin Nolan gave the Hammers a ninth-minute lead but battling Rovers spoilt By MATT PARKER the party, as Big Sam's misfiring team slipped to a fourth successive home draw.

Diouf, 31, revealed: "I was supposed to sign but they said I've got a problem with the fans.

"But I'm a footballer. I can turn the fans around and make them love me. I've done that with the fans at every club I've played in.

"I love the pressure. I know fans are going to boo me and the more they boo the more determined I am to play well."

The former Liverpool striker added: "I think like Cantona. When he went to Man United in the beginning the fans didn't like him. But he turned everyone on his side because he was a wonderful player.

"It's a big mistake for West Ham not signing me because, if you see from the game, I love Sam Allardyce and he'd love to have me in his team.

"He knows that when I decide to play I don't think anyone can stop me."

Ricardo Vaz Te had the ball in the back of the net after just 13 seconds but his effort was cancelled out for a foul on Rovers' Pascal Chimbonda.

But Nolan poked home just a few minutes after Carlton Cole had rattled the crossbar with a stinging drive.

However, Senegal ace Diouf terrorised the hosts after the break and picked out Coppinger to level.

Jack Collison should have won it in injury-time for the Irons but he blasted wide from a glorious position.

Allardyce admits he is worried about the pressure his side are feeling.

He said: "We've had a bit of a discussion about it but I think we're all big enough and professional enough to make sure we handle what's thrown at us."

SUN STAR MAN EL-HADJI DIOUF (Doncaster). A thorn in the side for West Ham.

the mirror

West Ham 1-1 Doncaster: Daily Mirror match report

Forget Rickie Lambert – El Hadji Diouf says HE would have made all the difference for West Ham this season.

Sam Allardyce claimed the stuttering Hammers would have already won the league if they had 25-goal Southampton hotshot Lambert in his side.

But controversial striker Diouf reckons Allardyce’s biggest regret should be not signing him earlier in the season.

Allardyce snubbed the chance to snap up the Senegalese for a third time partly because Hammers fans have never forgiven Diouf, 31, for allegedly spitting at them during his Liverpool days.

Diouf, signed by Allardyce at Bolton and Blackburn, ended up joining Doncaster. And he showed West Ham what they missed out on in a man-of-the-match display at Upton Park to help Donny earn a crucial point in their battle to beat the drop.

He had a hand in James Coppinger’s Doncaster leveller and said: “It was a big mistake for West Ham not to sign me because if you see the game today, I played well which is the only thing I know how to do, and Sam Allardyce would love to have me in his team.

“They said I had a problem with the fans, that’s why they don’t sign me.

“But I think, like Cantona when he went to Man United in the beginning, the fans didn’t like him. But he turned everything on his side because he was a wonderful player and can win a football game.

“I can turn the fans around and make them love me like they did in Bolton and every club I’ve played in.”

As he often does, Diouf revelled in his role of pantomime villain. He was jeered all game but lapped up the attention.

He said: “I’m a footballer and I love the pressure. I could play here every week because the more they boo me the more determined I am to play well.”

Allardyce admitted Diouf did play well, but was more concerned with the problems threatening to derail his side’s automatic promotion bid – a lack of goals and disappointing home form.

West Ham burst out the blocks and went ahead after just eight minutes when Kevin Nolan stabbed home from close range.

But rather than capitalise on their early dominance West Ham took their foot off the gas and it was no surprise when Doncaster levelled through Coppinger with 17 minutes left after Simon Gillett turned Diouf’s cross back across goal.

With four home draws in a row, Allardyce said: “We’re not as fluent as we want to be at home and we want somebody to score goals when they get chances.”

the telegraph

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce demands more clinical finishing after home draw with Doncaster

Sam Allardyce has warned his players they must be more ruthless in front of goal if West Ham are to win automatic promotion this season.
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce demands more clinical finishing after home draw with Doncaster

Relegation-threatened Doncaster fought back at Upton Park to secure a point after a 1-1 scoreline, a fourth consecutive home draw for the Championship’s second-placed side

West Ham now trail leaders Southampton by three points, and are above in-form Reading only on goal difference.

“We could do with the front men really delivering a little bit more in terms of goals, or whoever the chances fall to,” said Allardyce.

“It hasn’t been a problem away from home, but it has been a problem here. We’ve just got to be a little bit more clinical.”

West Ham weren’t helped when the threatening Ricardo Vaz Te was forced off with a hamstring injury after 25 minutes. From then on, it was Doncaster’s El-Hadji Diouf who took control.

Diouf, who played under Allardyce at Bolton and Blackburn, was the inspiration behind Rovers’ comeback.

The controversial striker had a trial with West Ham last October but was not signed because of a lack of match fitness and objections from some supporters over a move.

“They said I had a problem with the fans. That’s why they didn’t sign me,” said Diouf, who was booed throughout Saturday’s game.

“That was a big mistake for West Ham because if you see the game today I love Sam Allardyce, and he would love to have me in his team.”

It was West Ham who had started vibrantly, though. Vaz Te saw a goal chalked off just 13 seconds in, for a foul on Pascal Chimbonda, while Carlton Cole volleyed against the crossbar.

And when James Tomkins’ header from Vaz Te’s cross was palmed away by Carl Ikeme, Kevin Nolan was on hand to stab home his ninth of the season.

But after Vaz Te departed, Doncaster imposed themselves. The equaliser eventually arrived in the 73rd minute, James Coppinger pouncing on a loose ball after Simon Gillett had turned Diouf’s delivery back across goal.

Green then made a stunning save to deny the influential Diouf, before West Ham’s Jack Collison blazed wide of a gaping goal in added time.

Rovers manager Dean Saunders remains confident his 23rd-placed side can avoid the drop.

“We need to win another six,” he said. “Eighteen points would give us 48. That should be enough.”

West Ham hope to complete the signing of Portsmouth keeper Stephen Henderson on loan today.

vital leeds

LUFC Warnock - I want to whip up the support

Leeds United boss Neil Warnock continued his rallying call to the fans ahead of the game with West Ham next weekend after enjoying his first win in charge at Middlesbrough.

Warnock has continued his plea to see 30,000 inside Elland Road, having been amazed by the support from the Leeds supporters since his arrival.

West Ham come to Elland Road next and Warnock described the Leeds support as unbelievable and he is hoping the win over Middlesbrough will have whipped up the Leeds support, as they make a late push for a play-off places.

Speaking on Yorkshire Radio, Warnock said, "This is the one that I am expecting not far off 30,000. They will bring 4,000 and I think with that result today, if we can whip the support up, I want 30,000 at Elland Road because the noise is unbelievable and I will be looking forward to it."

West Ham have already sold out their allocation, believed to be in the region of 3,000 tickets and sales in the Leeds end are going well with only limited availability remaining in the kop and the Northeast and North-West corners.

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is reportedly keen to link up with fellow Uruguayan Diego Lugano at French league leaders Paris Saint-Germain.

: Le 10 Sport (in French)

Chelsea defender Jeffrey Bruma says he is not enthusiastic about returning to Chelsea once his loan stint at Hamburg finishes at the end of the season.

Inside Futbol

Germany forward Lukas Podolski has insisted that his proposed £10.9m transfer from Cologne to Arsenal is far from a done deal.

Metro

Aston Villa are interested in signing Schalke midfielder Jermaine Jones, a 20-year-old United States international.

Daily Mirror

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has set Wayne Rooney a 40-goal target to lead the club to the Premier League title.

Manchester Evening News

Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers believes Manchester City must find a way to trump their neighbours' "know-how" in the race for the title.

South Wales Evening Post

Dimitar Berbatov has admitted that being a peripheral player at Manchester United is making him miserable.

the Sun

Manchester City's Mario Balotelli and Yaya Toure were reportedly involved in an argument in the tunnel at half-time during their defeat at Swansea

Cap don't

fit in Italy

Fabio Capello
NO GO ... Fabio Capello

FABIO CAPELLO has ruled out a return to manage in Italy.

The ex-England boss has been linked with Inter Milan.

Yet Capello, 65, said: "I will not rule out the possibility of training a club side again.

"But I can 100 per cent rule out a return to the bench in Italy."

Premier League

KENWYNE JONES heads a trio of players set for the Stoke exit this summer with Russians Anzhi Makhachkala preparing a £5million raid.

Jonathan Woodgate and Ricardo Fuller will not be given new deals.

ROBERTO MARTINEZ is preparing for the departure of Victor Moses in the summer.

And he is looking at Nottingham Forest's Garath McCleary as a possible replacement.

npower League

RICKIE LAMBERT was last night named Championship Player of the Year.

The Southampton striker, 30, has bagged 21 league goals to help his side to top spot.

Lambert beat team-mate Adam Lallana and Cardiff midfielder Peter Whittingham to the prize.

Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha took the Young Player gong, with Huddersfield's Jordan Rhodes and Swindon's Matt Ritchie top picks for Leagues One and Two.

babe of the day

http://pban.playboygirls.com/pic0036/pics/10355DR_4.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
morrisey is a hammer

Re: monday's news 12th march includes west ham

Post by morrisey is a hammer »

Cheers CH. Diouf was motm by a long way on Saturday.
Samo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Samo »

Cheers CH, BOTD :thup:
exiledhammer83

Post by exiledhammer83 »

I'd rather we didn't go up than have Diouf in our side. The guy is an animal, I don't care how good he thinks he is. I think Vaz Te can be better than him anyway and hopefully Ravel will prove his critics wrong and really add something to the team. I've got a good feeling about the Leeds game, 3-1 to the Hammers!
Los Martillos

Post by Los Martillos »

Cheers CH.

Yeah - Diouf played a part on Saturday - but we need players who are gonna perform over a whole season, not just in front of the big crowds.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Cheers CH!
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Los Martillos wrote:Cheers CH.

Yeah - Diouf played a part on Saturday - but we need players who are gonna perform over a whole season, not just in front of the big crowds.
If only....

This from Diouff says it all "He knows that when I decide to play I don't think anyone can stop me"
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

Thanks CH
ManInTheIronsMask.
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by ManInTheIronsMask. »

He's probably right,he could have turned the fans around. I'd have turned round and gone home.
BondsOfOslo

Post by BondsOfOslo »

"But I'm a footballer. I can turn the fans around and make them love me. I've done that with the fans at every club I've played in.

I hate you even more now you silly cow. Headbanger
splott

Post by splott »

Thanks CH and I agree with all the comments on the spitter.!
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Thanks CH, I wouldn't want that piece of scum in our kit.
Another one who might have tried on Saturday because he was playing against West Ham, wasn't that consistent at his other clubs.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH as always.

Diouf ran things second half without a doubt, I still would not want to see that **** wearing our colours.
the upsetter

Post by the upsetter »

Agree with all of that ......bullish arrogant in fact he is the reason I was booing on Saturday .....not at our lot .....but have to admit it was him that caused us problems !!
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Cheers CH :thup:
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

the upsetter wrote:Agree with all of that ......bullish arrogant in fact he is the reason I was booing on Saturday .....not at our lot .....but have to admit it was him that caused us problems !!
ah ha...we have found one of them chaps...get out the rack, we are gonna have a paaarrty!
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

the upsetter wrote:Agree with all of that ......bullish arrogant in fact he is the reason I was booing on Saturday .....not at our lot .....but have to admit it was him that caused us problems !!
Absentee Hammer wrote:

ah ha...we have found one of them chaps...get out the rack, we are gonna have a paaarrty!

Yeah El Hadji just loves a spit roast :lol: