West Ham Utd 1 Doncaster Rovers 1 (10/03/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

PrawnSandwich

Re: West Ham United Vs Doncaster Rovers: Match Thread

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Matt of iron wrote: Do we? Or are you basing it on round about reports and listening on the radio?

Do people get fed up when we are playing **** football? Yes.
Do people get fed up when at home we let another lead go? Yes
Do people get fed up when we start really well, the place is bouncing then take our foot off the gas? Yes.

Now I don't for one minute condone the booing **** but the home crowd isn't as bad as many make out on here.
A mixture of personal experience, TV, radio and posters on here.

But you are missing my point...
I'm not saying it happens all the time, but given reputation of the home crowd getting on the players backs, comments in recent weeks from players and Fat Sam to the same effect (distraction tactics maybe), you can see the reasoning behind not bringing on Morrison when we are effectively trying to regain our dignity and winning the game.
Last player that was one for the future and had the **** hyped out of him was Savio and we all know how well that went.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

PrawnSandwich wrote: At home... with the impatient crowd who **** off players and boo when we're not winning...
taffhammer wrote:I'd like to think given a choice of facing a small minority booing or sitting on the bench for the game he'd choose the latter or what the hell is he doing here.
But, it's not his choice - it's the managers.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

PrawnSandwich wrote: A mixture of personal experience, TV, radio and posters on here.

But you are missing my point...
I'm not saying it happens all the time, but given reputation of the home crowd getting on the players backs, comments in recent weeks from players and Fat Sam to the same effect (distraction tactics maybe), you can see the reasoning behind not bringing on Morrison when we are effectively trying to regain our dignity and winning the game.
Last player that was one for the future and had the **** hyped out of him was Savio and we all know how well that went.
I understood you point but just went on a bit of a tangent. :lol:

In short, Morrison wouldn't be given a bad time imo.
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

I'm sure if any youngster got brought on he'd receive more encouraging support than a 30 year old loanee. In my opinion the Donny game was perfect for Ravel. If he made a difference he's a hero, if he didn't make a difference I'm sure we wouldn't of blamed him.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

PrawnSandwich wrote: I'd like to think given a choice of facing a small minority booing or sitting on the bench for the game he'd choose the latter or what the hell is he doing here.
But, it's not his choice - it's the managers.
Of course but then i'd like to think the manager would be thinking the same thing. I'd also agree with the views that the crowd would have got right behind him.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

taffhammer wrote: Of course but then i'd like to think the manager would be thinking the same thing.
The man who spent the first half the season mocking 'The West Ham Way' and considers stats and percentages first and foremost taking a punt on a Sullivan gamble to please the fans?

I'd like Kelly Brook to sit on my face and I'd like to think she would be thinking the same way...
:wink:
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

PrawnSandwich wrote: I'd like Kelly Brook to sit on my face and I'd like to think she would be thinking the same way...
But Kelly Brook wasn't sat on your couch saturday afternoon. If she was i'm sure you'd have given her at least 10 minutes.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

taffhammer wrote: But Kelly Brook wasn't sat on your couch saturday afternoon. If she was i'm sure you'd have given her at least 10 minutes.
If she was I'm pretty sure she'd have done a Tevez.
:lol:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

What happened to that kid from Dulwich we bought (I think it was Dulwich) that the Gollies said was the transfer of the window ?

Does he even play for the development squad ? And the kid we signed Pelly Ruddock was it ? Who went immediately to training with the 1st team ? Disappeared from view ........

Of course, like most of our "new" signings they get immediately injured no doubt and will take 18 months to recover.

taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

PrawnSandwich wrote: If she was I'm pretty sure she'd have done a Tevez.
:lol:
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:What happened to that kid from Dulwich we bought (I think it was Dulwich) that the Gollies said was the transfer of the window ?

Does he even play for the development squad ? And the kid we signed Pelly Ruddock was it ? Who went immediately to training with the 1st team ? Disappeared from view ........

Of course, like most of our "new" signings they get immediately injured no doubt and will take 18 months to recover.

Think you're talking about Paul McCallum?

On another note, can anyone provide lyrics to our new song for Sam Baldock?
Cheers.