thursday's news 15th march includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

thursday's news 15th march includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

my wedding anniversary today 21 years mrs ch :raver:

the sun

Te break

WEST HAM striker Ricardo Vaz Te is out for three weeks.

Vaz Te, 25, injured a hamstring in Saturday's draw with Doncaster.

london 24

Tony Cottee Column: Now is the time for West Ham to stand up and be counted

“If West Ham want to win automatic promotion, then their home form needs to be sorted.”

When I was writing my column last week, I was confident last week that the Hammers would take six points which would have taken them top of the Championship and provided Sam Allardyce’s men with a real chance to push on for the title.

However, once again West Ham fans were left frustrated with their team’s performance.

I managed to watch both games and they both had a really similar feel to them and it is starting to look like we have a slight problem with our home form.

No disrespect to Watford or Doncaster, but they are the teams that we should be beating at Upton Park.

However, to look on the positive side, we didn’t lose either match and we remain just three points off top spot, with a game in hand on both Southampton and Reading, who sneaked above us with their draw at Doncaster on Tuesday night.

We started really well on Saturday, but we couldn’t keep the intensity after we got that first goal, which often happens to teams.

I don’t know why, but the longer that a team doesn’t score a second goal, the more confidence the opposition gets, which is what we saw on Saturday.

I think that the Hammers fans have been brilliant this season and they have been very patient, but they want to see West Ham win their home games and rightly so.

Yes, teams will come to Upton Park and put 10 men behind the ball as it is their biggest away game of the season, it is like a cup final to them.

Because of this, their players will give that extra 10 per cent, and the Hammers don’t seem to be able to break teams down at the moment, which is a concern.

I don’t know why, but it seems as though we don’t have a Plan B for when things aren’t going our way at Upton Park.

If West Ham want to gain automatic promotion, then their home form needs to be sorted.

No excuse

There is no excuse for it, and there is no place for players to hide when it comes to this time in the season.

Now is the time for West Ham’s players to really stand up and be counted and push on to get back into the top two, and ultimately win promotion back to the Premier League.

I know that a lot of people have been blasting the forwards for not taking their chances, but I would question the quality of those chances.

A lot of the time they are not clear-cut chances, but opportunities the forwards have had to create by themselves.

I personally think that the quality of service has been lacking for the strikers this season, so it is harsh to lay the blame completely on the forwards.

This weekend, the Hammers travel to Leeds in what will be a clash between arguably the two biggest clubs in the Championship.

It will be a tough game against Neil Warnock’s side, who we know will be well-organised and willing to fight and scrap for 90 minutes.

In front of 30,000 fans at Elland Road, I would be happy if West Ham managed to get a point to stay in touch with the teams at the top of the league.

If the Hammers play like they did in their last away game at Cardiff, then Allardyce’s men should push Leeds all the way.

Tony Cottee was talking to Nathaniel John

official site

Facebook fans hit 250,000

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20120314/ ... 84_2658551" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

babe of the day

http://hostedgalleries.adult.com/galler ... to/003.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Napoli have slapped a £100m price tag on Edison Cavani and Ezequiel Lavezzi in an attempt to ward off interest from Chelsea and Manchester City, both of whom have seen what the players can do at first hand.

: Metro

League One leaders Charlton are set to beat Aston Villa, Everton and Bolton to the signing of Gregg Wylde who has been released from his contract by financially stricken SPL club Rangers.

The Mirror
Daily Mail back page

Manchester United are considering a move for Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin, who has made just one appearance at the Bernabeu since moving from Borussia Dortmund.

Caught Offside

Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham are all chasing Fulham playmaker Moussa Dembele, with the Belgian star impressing for the Cottagers so far this season.

talkSPORT

According to reports in Germany, Hamburg are set to beat Arsenal, Man Utd and Juventus to the signature of FC Basel's 19-year-old midfielder Granit Xhaka.

Footy Latest

Former Sheffield Wednesday boss Gary Megson

Former Sheffield Wednesday boss Gary Megson, who was recently sacked by the League One club, has emerged as a shock candidate to take over at Wolves despite Terry Connor being given the job until the end of the season.

The Mirror

Andre Villas-Boas is set for a swift return to management at Inter Milan with his fellow former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri set to be axed in the summer.

Daily Mail

Manchester United have been warned by Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera that the Spaniards will be going all out to inflict more misery on them in the Europa League on Thursday.
talkSPORT

Bolton striker David Ngog is set to turn his back on France and switch his footballing allegiance to Cameroon, despite featuring for France at every junior level.

The Bolton News

The Manchester City fan who has become on an online sensation since he was seen blubbing during Sunday's defeat by Swansea, has denied he was crying. Instead he says he was just "frustrated and very tired".

FRAIZER CAMPBELL must wait until the summer before starting talks over a new deal at Sunderland.

The striker, 24, who signed a four-year contract after his £3.5million move from Manchester United in 2009, has impressed since battling back from two serious knee injuries.

Campbell scored in the two games following his return this year and was rewarded with a first England cap in February's friendly with Holland.

Canaries Ad-on

NORWICH will let Tom Adeyemi stay at Oldham for another month.

The midfielder, 20, has been at Boundary Park since September.

Baggies chase Jamie

WEST BROM are eyeing a move for Fleetwood Town's Jamie Vardy.

Baggies manager Roy Hodgson watched Vardy, 25, last week and is set to bid £1million for the striker this summer.

Go blow

SPURS keeper Heurelho Gomes will be out for at least a month after a knee operation.

The Brazilian, 31, has made just four appearances this term after dropping behind Brad Friedel and Carlo Cudicini in the White Hart Lane pecking order
Last edited by cockney hammer on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
morrisey is a hammer

Re: thursday's news 15th march includes west ham

Post by morrisey is a hammer »

Happy 21st MR and MRS CH.
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

Congrats CH! Hopefully after another 21 years the news will include things like "West Ham stroll to 6th Prem title with 2 months of the season remaining....." :lol:

I read this every morning from Italy - very very much appreciated
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

Congrats mate :thup:
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Jarvo »

Have a good day CH, congrats to you and Mrs CH

I wonder who pays for Tony "state the bleedin' obvious" Cottee's articles :think:
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Jarvo »

JerseyHammer wrote:I read this every morning from Italy - very very much appreciated
I'd like to echo these sentiments - vital source of news for us overseas hammers :thup:

(Middle East for me though, not Italy)
adie

Post by adie »

21 years, fair play mate, hope you and the missus have a blinder today and for the next 21 years. Your commitment covers all your life, top man, be lucky fella
Henry Wilt

Post by Henry Wilt »

JerseyHammer wrote:Congrats CH!
Seconded
Hopefully after another 21 years the news will include things like "West Ham stroll to 6th Prem title with 2 months of the season remaining....."
I'll have whatever you're having.... but maybe not in such large quantities. :wink:
I read this every morning from Italy - very very much appreciated
Again seconded (although it's in the afternoon for me and in Thailand not Italy but still very much appreciated)

And I'll let the rest of you boys fight it out over the BOTD today, a bit on the "comfortable" side for me. *smiley thingy*
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

happy Anniversary CH- 25 for me this November :shock:
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Congrats CH, lucky you my wife ran off with the next door neighbour I dont half miss him.
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

Happy anniversary to Mr and Ms CH!
:crest:
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Congratulations CH, thanks again for all your effort. :thup:
We're 22 years in May, where did all the time go?
Supporting West Ham I suppose! COYI
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Congratulations CH, that is nearly older than me!

Thank you as always.
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

av a great dayCH we always thank you for your sterling work on behalf of us hammers, but today thanks to your wife also cos she must support you big time in your work for us kumbers :raver:
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1222 likes
Total likes: 1639 likes

Post by last.caress »

Congratulations CH to you and yours. All the best to you both xxx :crest:
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

21 years?? You'd have got less for armed robbery and have a lot more money. :wink:
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

Happy 21st anniversary mr and mrs CH!
Charle Hammer

Post by Charle Hammer »

Congratulations Mr & Mrs CH :clap:
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Charle Hammer wrote:Congratulations Mr & Mrs CH :clap:
Same from me !

30 years for me and Mrs Old Man of Storr in May .

I could have murdered her , gone to prison , got married and murdered the next one , got married again , murdered her , done my time , got married again and murdered her and would now be in prison , or on the run because surely I would have learned something from my experience .
10 Iron

Post by 10 Iron »

Happy Anniversary :thup: