Leeds Utd 1 West Ham Utd 1 (17/03/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Re: Leeds United v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by roblo »

Just got in. Happy with the away point and the fight we showed. Pity it took their goal to spark it. Having Cole on really helped, we look a lot more focused (like we have a game plan) when he's on. I don't get why he doesn't start. Any Championship defender would hate to go up against him. Start Cole, let him knock the defenders around and bring on Minaj when they're knackered.
delbert
Has liked: 699 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:
This thread is the prove of the new breed of 'West Ham' fans & its sh*te tbh.If you want to chop & change manager every f**king two years why dont you support Ch&lsea??

Where's the loyalty?Where's the looking on the positive side of things instead of picking every f**king fault.IMO Allardyce has done a cracking job,trying to mould a West Ham X1 he's only been working with for 9 months.Game in hand & 4 points behind the leaders,what more do you want?
Put like that it really doesn't seem too bad. However given the strength of the squad and the amount of games where we've had the chance to not only go top but create a significant gap between us and second place and you can see where peoples expections are coming from.
The only club that is going to stop us getting promoted is West Ham United, and that is frustrating.......
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

I saw the Hammers fan getting punched by the copper,The guy with the camera stand was standing over him. couldnrt get his number one of the others standing over him was number 445 though..
The fans dad was pleading for the police to let hin go, then the young lad was on the deck and one of the coppers in blue was punching him in the stomach.Started to try and take a picture and a policewoman started fillming me !.
Hope a complaint goes in Im happy to do a staement if anybody knows them.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Absolutely daft to compare managers of different teams,i.e Curbishley/Allerdyce. Too many variables.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

rigoberts song wrote:I saw the Hammers fan getting punched by the copper,The guy with the camera stand was standing over him. couldnrt get his number one of the others standing over him was number 445 though..
The fans dad was pleading for the police to let hin go, then the young lad was on the deck and one of the coppers in blue was punching him in the stomach.Started to try and take a picture and a policewoman started fillming me !.
Hope a complaint goes in Im happy to do a staement if anybody knows them.
That's a ****ing disgrace

Surprised it didn't cause a riot
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

Think we have had a blip the last few games, no question. But we remain unbeaten and the reaction of the players to the equaliser showed just how important it was in the scheme of things. The next four games could be the turning point.

I just hope that some of our players can step up a gear, because I have no fault with the effort and spirit but we have better players here than the performances have been showing for some time.

In a 46 game season there were going to be dips in form, a few draws won't matter if we can go on a winning streak now, and let's face it we should be more than capable of doing just that.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

I thought Leeds were poor...and their goal came from nowhere. Great comeback from us after

Why did they stop serving beer ?
Olliek92
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Olliek92 »

Just got back from a decent weekend In Leeds. The match was pretty poor I thought, on a par with the previous 3 draws. Fans were good (Both sets) Police were an absolute disgrace, 10 policemen wrestling a 20 year old guy to the floor then beating him while he was lying down is bang out of line, hopefully they get in trouble for that.
Servo

Post by Servo »

I have nothing really to add that hasn't already been said. The match was pretty poor, but the goal celebration was mental. Taking the piss out of the suit steward was seriously one of the funniest things ever. Good time at the Leeds Uni alternative/goth club last night too. My first proper away trip (Chelsea doesn't really count) and I'll never forget it.

You've got chlamydia, is that your sex toy :lol:
mattjp
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by mattjp »

Romford wrote:I thought Leeds were poor...and their goal came from nowhere. Great comeback from us after

Why did they stop serving beer ?
Apparently the kiosk was jumped about 10 min before half-time and people tried to grab the tills. In the process, the stewards and coppers told me, all the electrics got disconnected so they weren't able to process any purchases. They said they were trying to fix it, but never saw any signs they were doing anything.
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Good comment from Leeda fan on that Youtube clip, well done fella's

What an atmosphere inside Elland Road, all credit to West Ham fans they were loudest so far this season.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

..we will be very happy we saved that point in a month or so.

Will post up a longer analysis, however one thought remains from the match---what's the betting that BFS clocked the fact that after "rsiking" Morrison at the end, the first thing he did was put the ball out and we lost possession, and 2 minutes later they scored .

Wont be doing that again " ravel lad, when you get the ball, either use it or better than that leather it up towards, err the goal. Dont be trying to ****ing run with the ball of owt daft like that....."

His grind it out pattern of play doesnt allow for that, does it...
Tophammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Tophammer »

Nice to see the Bobby Moore flag making an apperance aswell.
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

w4hammer wrote:Wont be doing that again " ravel lad, when you get tut ball, either use it or better than that leather shyte out of it up towards, err the goal. Dont be trying to ******* run with tut ball or owt daft like that....."
-
Quality post w4hammer ammended for you though.
marcushammer

Post by marcushammer »

Draw away to leeds is a good result in my opinion and the celebration after the goal was mental. Great weekend had all round. Doing the crossed irons on the dancefloor in Space and getting an instant response from fellow hammers was a highlight :thup:
Last edited by marcushammer on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hockley Hammer
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

Romford wrote:I thought Leeds were poor...and their goal came from nowhere. Great comeback from us after
Agree, I thought Colin set them out not to lose, even though they were at home. Two sides playing like that a draw is inevitable.

I think if we had got in front we would have won, but sadly couldn't see that happening. With their goal being so late, even me the eternal optimist didn't see us scoring.

I left the ground happy that we came back and got something from a poor game at a place like Leeds. Not something I have experienced a lot over the years.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

roblo wrote:Just got in. Happy with the away point and the fight we showed. Pity it took their goal to spark it. Having Cole on really helped, we look a lot more focused (like we have a game plan) when he's on. I don't get why he doesn't start. Any Championship defender would hate to go up against him. Start Cole, let him knock the defenders around and bring on Minaj when they're knackered.
I agree, however, the enigma that is "Overchuffed" is that when he has started this season, he tends not to do too much, but off the bench he's like a breath of fresh air. You can almost hear the opposing defenders collective groan when he comes on. Saturday he even won some decent headers :shock: (although the one crucial header he should have won, which was their goal, he decided to try and kick it; still, he isn't a defender).

I would love to see him starting with either Baldock, Maynard, or even Ravel (or all of them).
Last edited by kayahammer on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

It would help greatly if we had 2 wide players instead of relying on Taylor(looks out of sorts) and Collison(looks devoid of any pace) if it's one thing we lack it's pace.
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

Blinding weekend,good result a draw up there,big game tomorrow.
Romford Iron

Post by Romford Iron »

Dirty f###ing Leeds

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 9023_n.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 7648_n.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;