Peterborough Utd 0 West Ham Utd 2 (27/03/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

MarshyWHU

Re: Peterborough United v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by MarshyWHU »

Just after the second goal:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Class away day!

Thank god for VazTe though as he really gives us that something different. He was very good tonight and its nice to see a player want the ball and run at opponents.
LeicesterHammer

Post by LeicesterHammer »

Not long back. What a fantastic night.

First half, we wern't brilliant - a lot of lumping balls up to Cole, which clearly wasn't working. A few nice cut-ins from Taylor and Vaz Te unlocked their defence, but had plenty of blocked shots. Second half, I remember at one stage we had about 20 passes strung together, I was mesmerised.

The atmosphere was one of the best, if not the best, I've ever been to. Everyone was up for it, it was deafening at times. 90 minutes non-stop, genuinely can't remember a 20-second period of silence from the away end. Couldn't hear the Peterborough fans for sh*t, and the Green love-in, which lasted 10 minutes, as well as the banter between the different sections of West Ham fans had me chuckling all second half.

Never experienced terracing before. But f*** me.

I want terracing every week.
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 330 likes

Post by Major »

i have just spent 20 minutes reading this thread with my coffee..

what a bunch of bell ends there really are on here, its ****ing hilarious!!! fickle? its not even that good!!

The crowd were every loud last night, just absolutely gutted about the PDC chants, i thought our away fans were more classy than that. I was wrong. Play on the floor is fair enough and much preferable to booing which i didnt hear a hint of last night, we played well 2nd half but looked nervous for the first half hour, Julian made a big difference, for me he has been missed latley and should start for Reading. Nolan was very good last night as well, with a bit more confidence we are capable of playing decent football even under Sam as we showed in the second half.

All in all a great night just wish some of our crowd were a bit more grounded and realistic and stop all this b*llocks about Paolo, a. he is a **** and largely untested, b. its plain wrong calling for another manager when we can still win the ****ing league, c. we have had more than enough managers over the last few years and should stick with one.

I still predict we will win the league by 3-4 points.
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Jarvo »

Ahh, so their defender was Brisley - I thought the commentators were saying "Bruce Lee" :lol:

Great win, just what the doctor ordered Image
towner

Post by towner »

This is the first time i've ever gone through a match thread and christ this site has some major league knicker wetters,i know we were pretty pony first half but some of the comments during that half are staggering,first and last time i bother reading that far back in a match thread as i should imagine it'll go into meltdown if we don't perform on saturday.

That twat with the drum needs shooting.
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

I'm so pleased that all those fans that went had a cracking night out with the result to match. You bl*ody deserve it.

Lets hope we can finally come good now for the run-in, starting with a win against Reading Saturday.

COYI!! :crest:
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

MarshyWHU wrote:Just after the second goal:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Quality clip! Sends a shiver down the old spine...
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

I've not read any of this yet, will wait till I get to work. Got offered a new job I interviewed for on Monday at about 4pm yesterday so was well happy all night. We played ok against a poor Posh side that had nothing up front. Another away win though and equals a 90 year old record, I believe?

The 'we play on the floor' songs were a total embarrassment. The ''....and we won two nil" chant, made no sense; granted it was down the other end but pretty sure we scored from a looped cross into the box. Second goal was a specualitive effort, no? Not a cutting move. 'Sack Allardyce' ?? hahaha. Bet you're gutted we won last night.

The only thing I can think of is given there was 5k there, you're always gonna get some muppets, especially when you can lad it up with your mates (terracing). Ive only done 11 aways this year, but think a large factor in the embarrasing songs was day trippers on the joll. f*** Di Canio, I love the bloke but he precisely jackshit to do with our promotion push. I'm getting so bored of repeating the same thing (on here, and to those around me at games): support the team (whether you agree with the personnel or not) and get behind this manager.

We're winning away, we're winning away, we've got Sam Allardyce and we win away.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

towner wrote:That twat with the drum needs shooting.
Jamie Oliver?
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Great night - just very sad that this was probably the last time West Ham fans will stand on a large terrace.
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

Major wrote:The crowd were every loud last night, just absolutely gutted about the PDC chants, i thought our away fans were more classy than that. I was wrong.
Madge - some have said the chant was "Paolo Di Canio" rather than "we want Di Canio". Which was it?
pennywisepeter

Post by pennywisepeter »

I'm sure the point will have been made already, but were our fans singing FOR Di Canio last night or ABOUT Di Canio? I can't get to many games but away at Cardiff we were definitely singing ABOUT him...

Edit: Ah bugger. Too slow :oops:
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

Major wrote:I still predict we will win the league by 3-4 points.

Agree with all of this. What West Ham fan with more than half a brain wouldn't??
Don't know about winning the League though! :think:
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

Major wrote:i have just spent 20 minutes reading this thread with my coffee..
PDC have been sung at every away game since he left. There were no "we want Di Canio" that I heard last night
Gummi

Post by Gummi »

You can watch highlights of yesterday's game here:
http://www.footreview.net/home/viewvide ... 2-west-ham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fantastic save from Green in the 1st half and heroic defense from Tomkins that kept us at 0-0. Great header from Vaz Te for the lead, PL quality 20-25 yard goal from O'Neil and Nolan's backheel flickshot that would have been goal of the season if it went in. So so happy for that win.

Roll on Reading.
Major
%&!$
Total likes: 330 likes

Post by Major »

PDC have been sung at every away game since he left. There were no "we want Di Canio" that I heard last night
There were definitely some young pricks that were singing we want standing just down to the left of us, however they did get pulled up pretty quickly.

Either way its ****ing lame in my opinion and not conducive to showing your support for the current team. You all know my feelings about the bloke, but even if i thought he was the second coming like some of you i wouldn't be shouting his name in front of our current players. The ONLY players worthy of that are Bobby Trev and Billy, which is one of the reasons it pisses me off so much as they don't get a mention nowadays!!!

Luke. Every away game since he left??? do me a favour i have heard it a few times over the years and that has been for ulterior motives generally such as Sheff Wed, Celtic, Charlton, he was at the game etc...

Whatever the actual words were last night make no mistake it was sung to have a go at our current manager and that is plain wrong in my book.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Haven't seen many comments on the last few pages about how we actually played, but Carlton Cole had an absolute mare last night. How he lasted 90 minutes is beyond me. The bloke looks physically and mentally exhausted.

Also, Rob Green :thup:
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

All in all a great night just wish some of our crowd were a bit more grounded and realistic and stop all this b*llocks about Paolo, a. he is a **** and largely untested, b. its plain wrong calling for another manager when we can still win the ******* league, c. we have had more than enough managers over the last few years and should stick with one.

dont always agree with you major,, but this along with that awful baldock song is starting to piss me off. Paolo is so good that he cant beat his teams rival even though they are down to 10 men for 80 minutes; cant beat a side thats rock bottom of the division in a cup final. etc etc Oh, and he said he would get a swindon tattoo if they won- havent we heard that somewhere before?

Cant say im over enamoured with some aspects of sam, however the idea that we'd be any better off in the short medium or even long term with PDC isnt going to fly
Kitt the car
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Cheers for the highlights, Nolan's backheel would have been a brilliant goal!