Captain Kevin Nolan

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Romford, Rio, Gnome, Northern Paulo, Lost Hammer, bonehead, chalks, goes2eleven, Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus, bristolhammerfc, Wheels, sicknote

Re: Captain Kevin Nolan

Postby AlfieG on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:
The wise Man and the right Man is the one that refuses to gloat on the idiocy of others Mr Alfredo..

Are you still reading that philosophy book Bobby? :lol:
AlfieG

Postby Bobby Orangeboom on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:29 pm

AlfieG wrote:Are you still reading that philosophy book Bobby?

Yeah, next chapter i've got a Fella who parts the Sea's and a Fella out of Dudley who don't give a **** what people say, as they generally talk a load of tripe.. :lol:
Bobby Orangeboom

Postby AlfieG on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:36 pm

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:
Yeah, next chapter i've got a Fella who parts the Sea's and a Fella out of Dudley who don't give a **** what people say, as they generally talk a load of tripe..

Thats the one where he rescues all the followers and gets them through their troubles to the land of milk and honey............ And they all stab him in the back and tell him to feck off....? :lol:
AlfieG

Postby Bobby Orangeboom on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:41 pm

AlfieG wrote:
Thats the one where he rescues all the followers and gets them through their troubles to the land of milk and honey............ And they all stab him in the back and tell him to feck off....?:

Close, but there is of course part of me that wants to go on one about the Jesus's old Man's Joseph profession but after the last little one on the other thread, i'll probably call it a night..

Peace Alfredo.. :thup:
Bobby Orangeboom

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:28 pm

I must have missed that bit, did he score last night then ?

:wink:

My mate used to say, "There's a difference between scratching your arse and tearing a lump off."
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Hockley Hammer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:37 pm

AlfieG wrote:
I would have loved it if that had gone in.......... Just to hear all the haters say how lucky it was and that he didnt mean it. :oops:

If Wayne Rooney had done it they would have run out of tissues in the press box.
Hockley Hammer

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:I must have missed that bit, did he score last night then ?

My mate used to say, "There's a difference between scratching your arse and tearing a lump off."

That means nothing.
rare as rockinghorse shat

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:46 pm

You didn't know my mate....
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:01 pm

What your mate has to do about writing negative slants in response towards a player who produced a good display and a world class effort on goal, just 2 nights ago, I don't know..
rare as rockinghorse shat

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Where did I respond with negative slants ? I never posted a thing either way. Didn't have much time back and forward over to the hospital etc.

I did however post "Well done, good goal got us back into the game" after the Burnley game but maybe you missed it.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Postby Hockley Hammer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:34 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:
I did however post "Well done, good goal got us back into the game" after the Burnley game but maybe you missed it.

I saw that and noted it. A good man always admits when he is wrong 8-)
Hockley Hammer

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:01 pm

I was referring to one game.

I tried last year too when Avi was in charge, to be balanced (although to be fair there wasn't much balance) that if you criticise poor performances you should laud good ones.

There are those of us who won't ever agree on Nolan and I am in the camp that will not (for the time being at least) agree that what he brings is outweighed by what the team imvho "suffers" from by him being in the line up.

I understand what those who think he is a positive mean, I just don't agree. However, I will say that if he plays well I will comment on that game. And vice versa.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Postby Hockley Hammer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:10 pm

It would be a dull world if we all agreed on everything Cuenca. We all want the same thing in the end don't we?
Hockley Hammer

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:21 pm

HH

Of course, as long as each poster doesn't post their opinion as fact and as long as everyone is entitled to an opinion without ridicule.

This game will always polarise opinions, which is why this site is so successful. Messi or Ronaldo ? Top 5 players of all time ?
Best club team ever ? etc. etc. etc.

I respect the opinion of those who think Nolan is great for the club. There are many who respect mine (well maybe not "many")

:lol:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Postby carnage on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:32 pm

I respect your opinion Cuenca but is there anything Nolan can do to change your mind? Your opinion is based on a set of circumstances and tactical theorems played out in your own mind so it is almost impossible to agree with you currently.
carnage

Postby m-h on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Saturday will be a big match for Nolan. Think he might actually be hitting some form ?. Said before he might be pacing himself :).

Goal number 11 please on Saturday Capt Kev. With Diop back ?, stay up top and let Noble run midfield.

We will need our eleven to stay on the pitch for this one.
m-h

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:54 pm

carnage wrote:I respect your opinion Cuenca but is there anything Nolan can do to change your mind? Your opinion is based on a set of circumstances and tactical theorems played out in your own mind so it is almost impossible to agree with you currently.

Carnage as do I yours.

Do you think my "set of circumstances and tactical theorems played out in my mind" don't have similar scenarios playing out in other posters (or any football fans anywhere in the country) minds ??

I have said and agree a lot with what bristolhammer posted on the subject. A lot is down to the manager and how he perceives things rather than any dislike of Nolan. It is he who chooses to put the team around Nolan. It isn't also Nolan's fault that he cost a large percentage of our transfer kitty and a huge chunk of our salary budget. That makes it almost a certainty that he plays irrespective. The BFS thread also makes is understandable how BFS wont change his mind about anything so even if in his mind he thought that Nolan needed to be dropped he wouldn't. He's far to stubborn. Now do I think that thought ever crosses his mind ? Nope. He's too arrogant to ever allow it to.

And no mate, I don't ask anyone to agree with me you're as entitled to your opinion as I am mine.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Postby Hockley Hammer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm in London having a beer with my daughter and her boyfriend but it's having a debate with a West Ham fan that makes life worthwhile Cuenca :-)
Hockley Hammer

Postby Hockley Hammer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:45 pm

Roll on Saturday. And I shouldn't post in a pub after too many Peronis :-)
Last edited by Hockley Hammer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hockley Hammer

Postby Hockley Hammer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:46 pm

I'm in London having a beer with my daughter and her boyfriend but it's having a debate with a West Ham fan that makes life worthwhile Cuenca :-)
Hockley Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion