West Ham Utd 2 Reading 4 (31/03/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

kaybee15

Re: West Ham United v Reading: Match Thread

Post by kaybee15 »

Soton_hammer wrote:
I would prefer Big Sam to Pards... and that thing with Wenger was embarrasing and a disgrace to a world class manager.

The thought of having Pardew makes me laugh, playing the likes of Konchesky,Harewood and Sheringham at the age of 40 :lol:

Now those were the worst times.
Those three players (plus manager) got us promoted, to 9th in the Prem, and to within a whisker of winning the most exciting and talked about Cup Final for years. There was nothing anyone could do about Gerrards goal, it's why he is as admired as he is.
Pardew has currently got Newcastle in sixth place, with the very real possibility of drawing equal on points with Chelsea today. Europe is by no means out of the question. He has done this on a limited budget in an environment where at least initially the fans hated him. How did Allardyce do at that self-same
 club, again? There is NO comparison.
'Worst of times' indeed. I know it's April Fools Day, but there's no need to be so enthusiastic about it.
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by swash »

Romford wrote:[So come on then...

Tell us all about your coaching badges and managerial CV Jose...
Only just seen this.

I was manager of the Old Chelmsfordian's about 20 years ago.

Bet you're impressed now :)
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

swash wrote:
Only just seen this.

I was manager of the Old Chelmsfordian's about 20 years ago.

Bet you're impressed now
Its more than most on here :lol:

What would you do with this squad then....
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

My two pence worth;

I thought we were totally schooled by Reading physchologically. We should have ignored Kebe for a start, instead we kicked him as few times and gave up free-kicks in dangerous areas in an effort to punish him for taking the piss at their place. I thought we played some fantastic football in the first half but sloppiness cost us.

I thought we were undone by two players in particular. Ian Harte and Jason Roberts were fantastic. Roberts in particular was very, very clever. He quickly realised he wasn't winning any aerial balls so simply stopped jumping and started backing in to Tomkins/Faye and winning free-kicks from a poor referee. He made such a nuisance of himself and gave a lesson in leading the line at this level IMO. However, I think he was lucky not to be sent-off. If the referee booked him for elbowing Faye, then he should have been sent off surely? I thought Harte's dead-ball delivery was excellent, particularly for their 1st which was virtually undefendable. A bad day, all we can do is stay together and hope.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Pop Robson wrote:Reading have Leeds, then away to Brighton and Southampton coming up next over a period of 8 days.

While we have Barnsley, then Brum and Brighton at home.
If Reading take 9 points from that lot, they deserve to go up....but they won't. This could all look very different in 8 days time, the fat manager ain't sung yet.

Keep the faith West Ham....

:crest:
Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

Southampton, Palace, Watford, Doncaster, Middlesbrough and Reading since we last won at home, two months now.

With 6 games to go, 3 at home, we have to overturn a 4 point gap. Can't see that happening. The only thing we can do is try to get some form going into the playoffs.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

joyful wrote:It's time for him to discover a] where the buck stops and b) just a little humility.
That's it, in a nutshell.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Denbighammer wrote:My two pence worth;

I thought we were totally schooled by Reading physchologically. We should have ignored Kebe for a start, instead we kicked him as few times and gave up free-kicks in dangerous areas in an effort to punish him for taking the piss at their place. I thought we played some fantastic football in the first half but sloppiness cost us.

I thought we were undone by two players in particular. Ian Harte and Jason Roberts were fantastic. Roberts in particular was very, very clever. He quickly realised he wasn't winning any aerial balls so simply stopped jumping and started backing in to Tomkins/Faye and winning free-kicks from a poor referee. He made such a nuisance of himself and gave a lesson in leading the line at this level IMO. However, I think he was lucky not to be sent-off. If the referee booked him for elbowing Faye, then he should have been sent off surely? I thought Harte's dead-ball delivery was excellent, particularly for their 1st which was virtually undefendable. A bad day, all we can do is stay together and hope.
Thing is mate...the Ref let him get away with murder. He backed into Faye every time and gave most to him.

How can a top darwer ref be such a mug ??

He should have been gone in the first half ....

Harte's dead balls caused grief all day
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

The Reading fans who were silent till they scored are having a right day out on this...

I'll tell you what - any scum low life bottom of the barrel KUMB takers reading this thread - take the balls on the chin as Allardyce has been doingto you all season. Read it and weep - cry into your spilt shandy and dream on if you have a progressive manager, a team than doesn't crack like a china piss pot in a kiln, and pleb support who cannot direct the ire in the correct direction. Don't look at the other team for your failures on the pitch - glory hunters is something Reading FC do not respect - equate to or even recognise. We spanked you good and proper twice - that should tell you something about where you are as a team. Cracking day out for Reading FC, the support and the passion was immense from our side. Get behind your team, don't dribble negativity and feed off the B/S that Allardyce spouts about a cracking run of games you have had. You are have fragile egos that clearly need massaging on the pitch. Shame your team (loosely regarded as such) cannot play as one and deliver your aspirations of returning to the Premier League as a god damned right. Dream on suckers.

The support was immense :lol:

Talk about being up your arse !!
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

It's brilliant I dislike them as they are a nonsense club and have beaten us a few times badly but they hate us due to Pardew and a few other bits, just bizarre just shows what a tin point club it is, we hate Millwall etc due to history, location and so forth no they hate us as we nicked a manager, bwahaha.
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Their saying it was the best away support they've had years, thought they were **** and generic as expected.
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

What a bunch of pricks...

They have a manager that looks like a paedo and is sad enough to try and disguise the fact that he's both funny looking and bald as a coot by wearing stupid glasses. It doesn't work.

Hunt looks like he should be nicking lead off an old ladies roof.

I honestly couldn't see many of their players yesterday getting into our first 11. They will be straight back down, make no mistake about it.

And I was at the game yesterday and you hardly heard a peep out of them until they went in front. Good to see one of their blokes got a smack outside the Queens afterwards as well...
chuffster
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by chuffster »

[quote="Romford"]The Reading fans who were silent till they scored are having a right day out on this...

You are have fragile egos that clearly need massaging on the pitch.

Christ, was that written by one of The Wurzels???!! :lol:
Billy Bonds love child

Post by Billy Bonds love child »

What Reading fans say is always best ignored - a nothing club in a nothing town with delusions of adequacy - if they do go up, they'll survive a season and slide straight back down. Just not worth thinking about
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Dear Reading fans reading KUMB

Congratulations on your win...but here are a few facts about your goodselves.

You very much had the run of the ball yesterday. I agree that you should have had a fifth mind and you took your chances well.

We are not at our best right now...and even at our low point we totally outplayed you for 40 mins of the game. To see many of you say that was the best you've played all season is a bit laughable.

Congrats at actually filling the away end....everyone here knows how poor your away support is usually. I know the away pub wasn't very impressed with how many you bought to drink...at 1.45 there were 4 Reading fans in there and the rest were Hammers making the most of the empty pub.

I must also add that your previous behavior on this website has caused the Metropolitan Police to get involved and find that one of the posters giving the large was a 17 year old muppet doing it from his pc at his College !!!

I've also noticed that you have allowed racist remarks in your songs for West Ham selection...no doubts the Met will be looking at the identity of that poster and the conduct of the moderators that have left the "Pa***" song there.

All in all you are nice little club fom a nothing Town over-run by Chelsea fans which sadly has attracted a lot of plastic muggy fans who like to give it out over the computer.

Enjoy your moment of glory....because History (something you don't have) says that it wont be a long term thing.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Reading's away following yesterday - who were thoroughly silent from the moment Carlton Cole scored until the final minute of the first half (loyal Royals, my arse) - wasn't that different from their average home gate at Elm Park throughout the 1970s, '80s and first half of the '90s*.

They are the archetypal post-Euro '96 club. Supermarket stadium, Happy Shopper supporters.

* source: http://www.royalsrecord.co.uk/seasons/attend.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Faded & Dead

Post by Faded & Dead »

Roby wrote: Good to see one of their blokes got a smack outside the Queens afterwards as well...
:oops:
I should know better
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

McDermott has done very well to get them where they currently are and fair play to him for turning down the Wolves job.

Their actual squad is nothing special though - I wouldn't even say their first 11 is top 6 of this league on paper

Just a shame we didn't take one of our chances when we were already 1-0 up as I don't think they would've came back from that.

They were clever with some suspect time wasting straight after we came out in the second half, obviously designed to halt any momentum we may have gained from a team talk and tactical change - who was the fella who was on the floor for about 3-4 minutes?

Was he even that badly hurt?

And as for Ian Harte and his 90 second corner kicks... bloody hell.

I love it how they harp on about doubling us this season and the 6-0 under Curbs but they forget that we took 4 pts off them when they went down in 07/08 - including a 3-0 win at their gaff. Short memories...
Last edited by Roby on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Isn't it odd how the club we have most problems with behavior over the years on KUMB is not Millwall, Chelsea, Manure but...

Reading FC
chuffster
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by chuffster »

Faded & Dead wrote: I should know better
:clap: