david gold on lbc tonight

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Re: david gold on lbc tonight

Post by Yea Why Not »

Even Gold had a laugh at Sam's '4-3-3' formation
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Gold meet his match when Peter called in

The fella is more than likely a member on here as well as he mentioned this site a couple of times

That was nice work mate :thup:
Last edited by Yea Why Not on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Any Old Iron

Post by Any Old Iron »

[quote="Denzil"]Cry me a ******* river.[/quote]
Great comment mate. However did you think of that. By the way, what the feck has it got to do with you?
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

There's only one possible thing they could reveal which could convert "90%" of people into thinking it was a good idea, and that is that the track is being ripped out the second the 2017 world athletic championships are over. I don't see that happening, and even then it wouldn't be anywhere near 90% approval.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Pop Robson wrote:. Technology has moved on so no seat in this stadium will be further from the pitch than at Wembley."[/b]
Totally meaningless statement.

What does he mean? Clearly he is not stupid enough to say that no seat will be further away than the nearest seat to the pitch at Wembley. So are we to assume that he meant that the furtherst seat at Stratford will be closer to the pitch than the furthest seat at Wembley? Whoopty do. Wembley holds 10,000 more people, (and that is not even taking into account that the seat width at Wembley is vastly more generous than at Stratford), and is on 3 levels, not 2 like Stratford.

I had the "pleasure" of sitting in the very back of the stand at Wembley for the Swiss game, and it is watchable. However, elevation gives better viewing perception. My problem was/is always that we should worry about the front rows.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Sweeney Bod wrote:I had the "pleasure" of sitting in the very back of the stand at Wembley for the Swiss game, and it is watchable. However, elevation gives better viewing perception. My problem was/is always that we should worry about the front rows.
Agreed .

I checked out the OS last Saturday and took a seat near the corner flag, towards the front of the middle tier , and it was watchable .Not great , but if that was your view at an away game you wouldn't walk out .

I then went downstairs , and from the same position ( corner flag) my assessment was it simply would not be possible to watch football from that position .

Its the rake of the lower tier at the OS that is the issue .
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Sweeney Bod wrote: I had the "pleasure" of sitting in the very back of the stand at Wembley for the Swiss game, and it is watchable. However, elevation gives better viewing perception. My problem was/is always that we should worry about the front rows.
They have said that Row A will be no further away from the pitch than at the Boleyn. Seeing as the current row A is at pitch level surely this would suggest that temporary seating is going to be placed over a section of the lower tier? I mean, how else could it be possible?
Last edited by Yea Why Not on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Any Old Iron wrote:Everyrthing I said was from the heart.
I thought you came across very well. Better than Gold, who resorted to abuse when he began to lose the argument.
splott wrote:Iain Dale getting very flighty on LBC. Bloke from France really getting up their noses.
He got awfully defensive whenever this website was mentioned, didn't he?

FWIW, in excess of 70,000 unique visitors pass through KUMB on a weekly basis.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

I think a 8-) would have been justified at the end of that
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

worries me that Brady and Gold when pushed on the suitability of the OS for football they fall back on this 'no further away from the pitch than wembley' argument......i appreciate the sightlines are important but the far bigger issue for me is atmosphere. It's obviously very important to be able to see the match (and it's concerning that TPP has been in the OS and doesn't feel you could see the game from certain positions - presumably this would be even worse for those of us concerned about our kids attending with a shallow rake of the lower tier)....but if I want a perfect view i may as well watch on sky......i go to the boleyn for it's atmosphere more than anything...
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

hammer1975 wrote:if I want a perfect view i may as well watch on sky......i go to the boleyn for it's atmosphere more than anything...
They've already promised they'll extend the roof - the booing will echo around as thickly as it always does. We won't lose a thing
raneman
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by raneman »

Any Old Iron wrote:Ok, I was a bit pissed, but at least I bothered. Perhaps the 2 blokes who've slagged me off would explain why they did and not just name call. Everyrthing I said was from the heart.
I take it you are Peter from the show on LBC. Just had a listen at work. Thumbs up mate, I thought you came across really well. With the current manager in charge, the people right at the back may get a decent view of the ball, with any luck!
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

Peter. - I thought you came across very well & are more then entitled to loose patience when the questions being asked are not being answered.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Top call from Peter...well worth listening to.

That Iain Dale is quite nauseating isn't he?.
Bada Bada Bing

Post by Bada Bada Bing »

Peter - you reminded me of Dufrais - the bloke in a wheelchair on FaceJacker...

Some excellent points and questions but needlessly aggressive, bordering on rude making for extremely uncomfortable listening.

It's pretty obvious there is going to be some form of retractable seating. The question is how close to the pitch will it get and what will the rake be.

Have to say, not Iain Dale's biggest fan but didn't think he was particularly flighty. The point of KUMB's popularity versus WHTID was merely an unwanted distraction that Dale was right to brush off.
Last edited by Bada Bada Bing on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Any Old Iron wrote:Ok, I was a bit pissed, but at least I bothered. Perhaps the 2 blokes who've slagged me off would explain why they did and not just name call. Everyrthing I said was from the heart.
You did a good job mate and said what the majority of us fans are thinking :thup:
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Any Old Iron wrote: Great comment mate. However did you think of that. By the way, what the feck has it got to do with you?

Cheers. You posted it on a public forum, so a lot I guess.

Every single one of your posts spills hate about the club or the manager. In another post you say you would rather West Ham go bust than have G&S in charge, so I got no more time for ya, mate. Lets leave it at that yea
Any Old Iron

Post by Any Old Iron »

I'm not letting you get away with that. I suppose it's because of people like you that I only contribute on here once in a blue moon these days. How do you figure that I "hate the club". It's because I love the club and have done since '62, and concerned about the OS plan, that I took the trouble to call up Gold.

Yes, I do dislike Allardyce (as I suspect most supporters do now) and always have done.

By the way, I was previously responding to 2 other posters, not you.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

So if Im right, david gold said basically football supporters don't change clubs, the're born into it, and sitting opposite him at that moment was Ian, "I was a Man U fan until I was 10" Dale. Quite funny really
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

mywhufc wrote:So if Im right, david gold said basically football supporters don't change clubs, the're born into it, and sitting opposite him at that moment was Ian, "I was a Man U fan until I was 10" Dale. Quite funny really
Nor do football supporters own another club for 15 years.