Barnsley 0 West Ham Utd 4 (06/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

m-h

Re: Barnsley v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by m-h »

Just seen the goals again, great build up to Maynard's but Noble's what a finish. Good to see some natural instinct on both,
in fact all four. No hesitation, just the ball in the back of the net.
towner

Post by towner »

Well that was an excellent day out,brilliant performance by the team and even better support,another one of those i'm proud to be west ham moments.

I'll sober up in a few hours and find it was all a dream and we drew 1-1.
Ali888

Post by Ali888 »

towner

Post by towner »

frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

Commentator mentioned that he thought a lot of our support yesterday would have been from northern based hammers and that we had a big branch in Yorkshire

Anyone know if this is true?

Where they are based and how I get in contact with em
miketheloop

Post by miketheloop »

Only able to watch on the box, But I thought we worked our socks off yesterday. Chased and harried all game. Barnsley were poor to be fair but was that because we pressed them so much and completely stopped them playing?

Maynards goal was quality, a nice little one-two and a cracking finish. I thought we played the ball around nicely and played with a lot of patientce. There were moments when we still looked a little suspect but all round a much improved performance. If we play like that for the rest of the season then there's still hope :)
jammys78
Total likes: 1 like

Post by jammys78 »

great day out yesterday we must have had not far off 4000 there which is amazing for a televised game all the way in that dump! great performance, had a conga going, we drank the bar dry before half time! - any one no where i can watch the highlights ? wanna see if the conga made it on tv
miketheloop

Post by miketheloop »

The conga did make the tv :) more than once
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

miketheloop wrote:Only able to watch on the box, But I thought we worked our socks off yesterday. Chased and harried all game. Barnsley were poor to be fair but was that because we pressed them so much and completely stopped them playing?

Maynards goal was quality, a nice little one-two and a cracking finish. I thought we played the ball around nicely and played with a lot of patientce. There were moments when we still looked a little suspect but all round a much improved performance. If we play like that for the rest of the season then there's still hope :)
For me, that was the most pleasing aspect of our play. Every time they got the ball one of our lads was right into them.

Cracking day out and as usual, wonderful support.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

I just saw the goals too, Maynard's one was great but Noble's one is fantastic skill.

http://www.footytube.com/video/barnsley ... ef=hp_lmrv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

frankiemac wrote:Commentator mentioned that he thought a lot of our support yesterday would have been from northern based hammers and that we had a big branch in Yorkshire

Anyone know if this is true?
Personally thought it was an odd thing to say. I've got friends and family in Leeds and elsewhere in Yorkshire... never mentioned any big Hammers following to me.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

prophet:marginal wrote: Personally thought it was an odd thing to say. I've got friends and family in Leeds and elsewhere in Yorkshire... never mentioned any big Hammers following to me.
The commentator is white1, trying his best to make up excuses to rubbish our away support.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

There is a large group of Hammers based in Huddersfield send me a pm and ill send you details.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

hadleighhammer wrote:
The commentator is white1, trying his best to make up excuses to rubbish our away support.
At one point during the conga he said many of those fans would have been at home to Reading booing the team.
Gummi

Post by Gummi »

So there was some truth in bust between Noble and Allardyce at half-time of Reading fixture.

Great to see such a good spirit in the team. Great finishes. Great to see we're working on goal difference as well.

Only thing I think Allardyce should do differently is putting Baldock and Lansbury straight in after 4th goal. I feel genuinely sorry for Baldock, I have no idea why he's not getting any playing time.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I thought Collins looked solid enough at LB yesterday. Put in one or two reasonable crosses too.

Evidently, the opposition may have allowed him to get further forward than normal, but I didn't think he let himself down or anything.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

PrawnSandwich wrote: At one point during the conga he said many of those fans would have been at home to Reading booing the team.
Wasn't it something along the lines of those fans conga-ing now we're probably booing last week.

Twat. :evil:
bobo

Post by bobo »

chalks wrote:we win 4 0 away from home, and create an all time club record of away wins, and STILL some warriors moan......

its priceless, and in my opinion sums up everything thats wrong.......

embarrassing
Chalks you are spot on mate & I as I said the other day it just ain't West Ham!

We've been through much worse then this & are quite healthy really! The fans that are moaning must of missed when we had, Lee Chapman, Ian Dowie being our only real striker, Mike Newell in he's 50's playing uptop with Steve Jones (shudderrr) & of course Ian Pearce playing as a striker!!

I only put it down to one thing & maybe it's a little boneheaded but for me it all started when Eggy was in charge & he started spurting of a load of old bull. Expectation levels have gone through the roof in recent years, we never used to even have that high expectation, you wouldn't when you see the likes of Mike Newell upfront away to Liverpool with he's zimma frame.

I'm shocked at seeing some questioning Gary O'Neil's performance yesterday as well. Re-watch the game & you will see that he worked & run further then any player on that pitch, he's shutting down high up the pitch was brilliant & he gives the midfield a real energy we have been missing all season plus he's link up play is very tidy.

Stop moaning & just get behind the boys for the big push, oh yeah & try to enjoy it because this **** is exciting!! :lol:
Two-Team-Harry

Post by Two-Team-Harry »

:thup: to the stewards and club personnel. Stewards let me go back out the ground to get a programme no fuss and the announcement guy said 'a big welcome to our friends West Ham' and was in very good spirit about the bar being drunk dry!

Great performance; great result.

Met some top hammers on the back of the coach.

Oh and, I started the conga.
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Hear Hear Bobo, :thup: COYI