West Ham Utd 3 Birmingham City 3 (09/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Re: West Ham United v Birmingham City: Match Thread

Post by Puff Daddy »

This will be a tough game, perhaps not pretty, but we have to be positive, believing we will win. BFS has to send his troops out in a positive frame of mind and tell them to be positive. If we believe we will win, we will.
BondsOfOslo

Post by BondsOfOslo »

Romford wrote:
If you want a good late pub in Brighton with no charge..The Goldfish Bowl :thup:

We were in there till gone 3 on a midweek game
I was in the Goldfish Bowl for the Brighton away in October. Somebody stole my jacket with my keys, passport and the matchtickets in, so I wouldn't be to pleased to go back there
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Kin ell , you need a passport for Brighton now.
BondsOfOslo

Post by BondsOfOslo »

I do Sir :D
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

prophet:marginal wrote:Not this time, sunshine. Last season, we had a fool in our dugout.
To be fair, so did they.

Pretty sure we had Benni Mac trundling up front when we were trying to win the second leg of the semi which probably had more to do with it
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

taffhammer wrote:As a supporter i find comments like this about people that pay good money and get blamed for a teams performance sad beyond belief, and to answer your earlier question don't buy a day ticket on the tube get yourself an oyster card.You can put a tenner on it and use it when your in town again and save a lot of money. Enjoy the game and welcome to the Boleyn ground.
Fair enough that you feel that way, I guess the comments were made in the heat of the moment, I'm so fed up of living in an area suddenly dominated by Reading and Southampton fans who take the piss all day long! I'm not saying the fans are 100% to blame for not going up, but I'd say they would be a big reason if we weren't to go promoted. I'm not going to this one unfortunately, but have managed to persuade Dad to go to the Hull game on the last day (Not sure he will be so happy when he realises we have a poor view from the top of the East Stand) Oh and by the way, I have been to the Boleyn before, been going since I was about 6!!
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

When I think of this lot I think of Kieron Dyer

Please let that memory be wiped on my visit this week :lol:
BenniBlanco

Post by BenniBlanco »

They have hit form of late but with this being their 6th game in 20 days, I am hoping this will take its toll!
ishtar

Post by ishtar »

Birmingham is the 2nd City. I have forgotten, how many teams do the 2nd City have in the 2 two divisions? Minus Coventy as they are Warwickshire and Leicester as they strangely enough are Leicestershire :lol:

You have Villa, WBA, Wolves and Birmingscum.

London has WHUFC, the Scum, Arsenal, Chelski, Fulham, QPR, Crystal Palace, Millwank.

I would think that Dagenham and Redbridge would have a bigger initial take up than Birmingham. Birmingham hang your heads in shame. You only show up in the top flight, show up in the tp flight[/quote]

with respect wolves play in Wolverhampton and WBA play in West bromwich not birmingham both are as far away as Leicester and Coventry.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Knighter10WHU wrote: I'm not saying the fans are 100% to blame for not going up, but I'd say they would be a big reason if we weren't to go promoted. I'm not going to this one unfortunately
I blame it more on people who dont go, but feel the right to slag off & blame those who pay to make the choice to boo & moan, because theyre not doing anything to help stop that or create a better atmosphere anyway :wink: How's that?

Not really, & week in week out I avoid joining in with the negativity, I try to always support the team, but to blame fellow paying punters for our inability to win games is, in my opinion, ridiculous. I don't agree with it, but I've attended enough of this lot over the last 3 years to at least UNDERSTAND where the moaners are coming from!
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Time for the "IF" poem methinks. :crest:
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

e17 wrote: I blame it more on people who dont go, but feel the right to slag off & blame those who pay to make the choice to boo & moan, because theyre not doing anything to help stop that or create a better atmosphere anyway :wink: How's that?
Not really, & week in week out I avoid joining in with the negativity, I try to always support the team, but to blame fellow paying punters for our inability to win games is, in my opinion, ridiculous. I don't agree with it, but I've attended enough of this lot over the last 3 years to at least UNDERSTAND it!
Some of us have to work :/ So does a large proportion of the stadium, but there is always that minority... Iunderstadn why as well, it just frustrates me so much personally because I want to see us win! Maybe I am clutching at straws and blaming some fans rather than the poor performance on the pitch
squatski
Massive virgin

Post by squatski »

- - - - - - - - - green - - - - - - - - -
ried - - boldok - - tomkins - - sears
mcarthy - carew - taylor - o'neil
cole - - - pickyon
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Knighter10WHU wrote: Fair enough that you feel that way, I guess the comments were made in the heat of the moment, I'm so fed up of living in an area suddenly dominated by Reading and Southampton fans who take the piss all day long! I'm not saying the fans are 100% to blame for not going up, but I'd say they would be a big reason if we weren't to go promoted.
Glad you dad has been taking you along thats what it's all about, but watching the players on the pitch 50 yards away and hearing those that moan sitting around you which is really to blame when the team don't win?
As for living in an area surrounded by saints and Reading fans, let them have their moment and bide your time it ain't over till the fat lady sings.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

Brum fan in peace wrote: No denying mate, it is very poor. And our home support has been poor too. We're a slightly above average side in terms of attendance in the Championship. On our day we can create one of the most cracking atmospheres in football (home leg of the semi finals last year, for example), but sadly those days are few and far between now.

900 is still much better than the 320 we took last year though. I remember some of your lot were singing "your support is ******* sh-t," and a few of us simply shrugged and nodded and the old bloke next to me shouted "you're right."
it does surprise how low your attendances are (both home and away) I mean I would have thought winning the league cup would invigorate the support!Hell I thought it would get you more supporters! (success draws followers after all) How come so few bluenoses turn up for a game? Are they tired of the yoyo-ing or is there something else behind this?
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

even now a year on I still don't know how we lost to Birmingham last season - I expect another tough game and another home game with out a win.
Richard Bluenose

Post by Richard Bluenose »

Should be a good game, with a draw a good bet but if it's the usuall west ham will fly out the blocks and blues will come back into the game if your not out of sight :thup:
Yorkshire 'ammer

Post by Yorkshire 'ammer »

I really fancy us for a solid 3-0 tomorrow.
Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

I would like to think that after such an impressive display against Barnsley, the team will have grown in confidence and we beat this lot. With West Ham, you never know who's gonna show up. If a confident team comes on the pitch we should win barring:
1. An early red card
2. A useless @#$% of a ref
3. Sam putting out a defensive formation

On a tactical note.... I would be inclined to leave Cole on the bench to start. It seemed to have a huge influence on how we played the game against Barnsley.
:crest:
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

It's nonsense to think the fans are to blame for results, however, they can adversely affect players.

Imagine you have been putting in shift after shift, training like a MFer, play your socks off, and still get booed. You might think next time you might not be so willing to chase back 80 yards in the 85th minute. esp if you don't care that much about the club.

In my day there was never any booing, but when the crowd thought the players were strolling about a bit too much without much effort, the slow hand clap would invariably sort that out. More passive than the sound of booing ringing in the players ears after they've run themselves ragged.

I'm not worried about Brum. we should have beaten them at their place, but again couldn't find the 2nd goal.

We'll win and win properly. Soton to really start wobbling, then we'll leapfrog them.

COYI