23/2/12 SAB Olympic consultation

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Re: 23/2/12 SAB Olympic consultation

Post by taffhammer »

the pink palermo wrote:
Finally , my ST this year was £730 - how much lower will it be in the OS ? I'll need it to be cheaper to offset the cost of rail travel to the game as there will be insufficient parking .
East marsh as in Hackney marshes, will be a car park for the olympics. I can't see them grassing it back over and giving it back. So there's the car park.
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

MEM wrote:
hope that makes sense :think:
Yep, thanks MEM.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

mushy wrote: ..dont we currently have somewhere in the region of 60% travelling by car?
Does everyone know that there will be virtually nowhere to park in the area?
Are they happy that park and ride may need them to drive to Epping and tube it in?
(I made the Epping part up based on the fact that I could not think of any stations close by that do not already have parking restrictions).
:think:

By the same token how on earth would the Upton Park area cope with the extra traffic and car parking if the Bolyen is increased to 45k???

As for Epping??!!! I suspect alot would be parking just south of Wanstead tube station...
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Hammers80 wrote:will parking in Westfield be off limits?

It's currently free for the first 2 hours...

I doubt they'll be closing it every other Saturday afternoon and therefore also lose out on 1000's of customers at peak shopping time..

Neither can I how they could 'prove' who is a shopper and who isn't if they were going to discriminate..?
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

WestHamIFC wrote:

By the same token how on earth would the Upton Park area cope with the extra traffic and car parking if the Bolyen is increased to 45k???

As for Epping??!!! I suspect alot would be parking just south of Wanstead tube station...
And I suspect that as the yellow lines and parking zones grow longer just south of Wanstead tube that this will become an impossibility. There is little or no commuter parking space just South of the station at the moment and cant see that getting any better. They are already talking about extending the restrictions, if we move to the O/S then you can bet that Saturdays afternoons will be included.
mushy

Post by mushy »

taffhammer wrote: East marsh as in Hackney marshes, will be a car park for the olympics. I can't see them grassing it back over and giving it back. So there's the car park.
From The London Borough of Hackney's website -:
'For the Games in 2012, East Marsh will host a temporary facility for coach drop off, cycle and disabled parking. It will not be concreted over, but will have a temporary surface that will be removed after the Games when East Marsh returns as playing fields.'

I tells you, all the local boroughs hate cars, so unless someone comes up with some massive private car park somewhere we can say goodbye to parking anywhere near the ground.
mushy

Post by mushy »

WestHamIFC wrote: Neither can I how they could 'prove' who is a shopper and who isn't if they were going to discriminate..?
Yes, good question and one had wondered about myself.
As i said earlier in this thread, not sure if and how they do it for Westfield White City for QPR matches, maybe they dont bother as there is not the demand?
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

mushy wrote: And I suspect that as the yellow lines and parking zones grow longer just south of Wanstead tube that this will become an impossibility. There is little or no commuter parking space just South of the station at the moment and cant see that getting any better. They are already talking about extending the restrictions, if we move to the O/S then you can bet that Saturdays afternoons will be included.
Well that's a new one on me. :?

I'm unaware of these supposed restrictions that apply on a weekend south of Wanstead tube. Last time I checked nearly all of the roads between Wanstead Park and the tube are restriction free...
mushy

Post by mushy »

WestHamIFC wrote:Well that's a new one on me. :?

I'm unaware of these supposed restrictions that apply on a weekend south of Wanstead tube. Last time I checked nearly all of the roads between Wanstead Park and the tube are restriction free...
Here is the current CPZ -
http://www2.redbridge.gov.uk/cms/parkin ... version=-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note -its already in place on Saturdays.

This is the scheme they are looking to extend, can you imagine the posh people of Wanstead having football parking outside their homes?
But its not only Wanstead, its all of the Central line despite me being facetious as regards Epping.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

WestHamIFC wrote:Neither can I how they could 'prove' who is a shopper and who isn't if they were going to discriminate..?
Ticket machines? Free xx hours parking if validated at time of purchase in one of the stores, otherwise pay on foot before exit.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

5000 spaces at Westfield
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Park in Homerton and walk down the canal. Easy.
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

mushy wrote: From The London Borough of Hackney's website -:
'For the Games in 2012, East Marsh will host a temporary facility for coach drop off, cycle and disabled parking. It will not be concreted over, but will have a temporary surface that will be removed after the Games when East Marsh returns as playing fields.'

I tells you, all the local boroughs hate cars, so unless someone comes up with some massive private car park somewhere we can say goodbye to parking anywhere near the ground.
Yep, but i play football on the north and south marsh where they have moved the matches from the east marsh on to.There's plenty of room there and i bet if we move to the olympic stadium they will use the east marsh as a car park.I know they said it would be given back but i don't believe them.
mushy

Post by mushy »

taffhammer wrote: Yep, but i play football on the north and south marsh where they have moved the matches from the east marsh on to.There's plenty of room there and i bet if we move to the olympic stadium they will use the east marsh as a car park.I know they said it would be given back but i don't believe them.
Trouble is Taff its part of the legacy promise, am not sure if this promise is legally binding.
Also Hackney have been promised money to spend on other Sports facilities in the area and from what I can see this relies on them fulfilling their obligations.I guess it may all come down to money though, would West Ham offer more than what they are already being offered to purchase this as a car park, and would they get planning permisssion on Green belt land?
I did not realise either that the Hockey and handball centres are within the borough of Hackney and therefore we could not consider the re-building of the Hockey centre as Newham would not partner us, and neither could Leyton Orient as they are in Waltham Forest.
I bet the O's wish they had never moved now.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

gavrosh wrote:Park in Homerton and walk down the canal. Easy.
That may not be as daft as it first sounds :D I think I'll end up parking in the same place in Plaistow and walking, or maybe nearer Newham College? Plenty of time for the council to paint some more restriction signs between now and then.
mushy

Post by mushy »

Hampshire Hammer wrote: That may not be as daft as it first sounds :D I think I'll end up parking in the same place in Plaistow and walking, or maybe nearer Newham College? Plenty of time for the council to paint some more restriction signs between now and then.
By the time we move, there will be CPZ's from here to Southend Pier.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

mushy wrote:Here is the current CPZ -.
My Geography is a bit off - I had South-West of the station in mind. Draycot Road, Seagry Road, Felstead Road, etc. Other side of George Green..
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Hammer110 wrote:Ticket machines? Free xx hours parking if validated at time of purchase in one of the stores, otherwise pay on foot before exit.
Buy a packet of chewing gum every match! :wink:
mushy

Post by mushy »

WestHamIFC wrote: My Geography is a bit off - I had South-West of the station in mind. Draycot Road, Seagry Road, Felstead Road, etc. Other side of George Green..
Ok, I know, right on cue and hot of this weeks press -
http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/9 ... uted_area/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not quite the area you are talking about but I assume that Felstead (which are next door) etc must already be covered, otherwise why wouldnt these people park here for work?
anyway you get my drift, these areas seem to be growing by the day.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20121205/ ... 84_3000990

"...we stand by our commitment to conduct full supporter consultation regarding the move, including the polling of supporters. You can be confident that wherever there is an opportunity for West Ham to input in the decisions going forward, our supporters will be at the forefront.

We have already taken the first step towards this by calling an emergency meeting of our Supporter Advisory Board on Tuesday 11th December at 6pm to advise on the best methods to consult the wider support base going forward.
"