Official Betting Thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Re: Official Betting Thread

Post by screech »

westhamrobw wrote:Paddy Power put up the same offer again earlier. Jumped on Arsenal @ Evens!
With offers like that you should just lump very big on arsenal @ evens then lay your bet on betfair for an instant profit
I.e backing arsenal @ evens on paddypower for £1000 will return £2000 then lay arsenal on betfair @ 1.30 for £2000 risking £600
Your minimum return will be £400 if they win rising to £2000 if they lose or draw
This sort of offer is unbelievable and is what gamblers dream of, Guaranteed profit win lose or draw
A heads up maybe before they pull the bets next time will help a few out on here :thup:
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

screech wrote: With offers like that you should just lump very big on arsenal @ evens then lay your bet on betfair for an instant profit
I.e backing arsenal @ evens on paddypower for £1000 will return £2000 then lay arsenal on betfair @ 1.30 for £2000 risking £600
Your minimum return will be £400 if they win rising to £2000 if they lose or draw
This sort of offer is unbelievable and is what gamblers dream of, Guaranteed profit win lose or draw
A heads up maybe before they pull the bets next time will help a few out on here
Wow, Screech you genius. I have never got into the betfair backing and laying thing but if this works and you can guarentee money no matter what the result is then obviously that's insane :shock:
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

My problem is whilst I understand the backing part I can never work out how much to lay to get a profit. Any advice please - those decimal odds mean nothing to me tbh :)
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1022 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

hiphophammer wrote: I'm sure the bet will be over in 10 minutes but as those odds it's worth a couple of quid!
Spot on but i am guessing not quite how you thought. :D
screech

Post by screech »

WHU Independent wrote:My problem is whilst I understand the backing part I can never work out how much to lay to get a profit. Any advice please - those decimal odds mean nothing to me tbh
The easiest way of working out the laying part is to just go onto the betfair site but don't log in and choose random bets at different odds and click "lay" then just see what the profit margins are and work it out from there, if I try to explain from the way I think and work out numbers it would just end in a tongue twister :D
Quick example from last night. Arsenal were 1.3 to win so if you were to lay arsenal to win you would have to risk £30 to win £100
Because with betfair you always take off 1 decimal so if betfair had odds of 4.0 to a novice that would show as 4/1 but once you take off 1 decimal the true odds are 3/1
whuben
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by whuben »

Ive got betfair

Now last week i backed chelsea to win 3 -1 at 16//1, during the game the odds came into 6/1 so i layed it for 4 quid. Now my think was i had locked in a 10 point winner on 4 quid. Happy days I thought but after the game i had only one a few quid.

Can anyone explain why this is?
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Did a both teams to score midweek coupon. £2 returns £93 on the following:-

Arsenal V Wigan (check)
Bayern V Madrid
Coventry V Millwall
Ipswich V Birmingham
Blackpool V Leeds
Chelsea V Barca

The top two games & the bottom one bumped up the odds massively.
shreddie

Post by shreddie »

whuben wrote:Ive got betfair

Now last week i backed chelsea to win 3 -1 at 16//1, during the game the odds came into 6/1 so i layed it for 4 quid. Now my think was i had locked in a 10 point winner on 4 quid. Happy days I thought but after the game i had only one a few quid.

How much did you back it for?

Did you include the commission charge from betfair on your winnnings?
shreddie

Post by shreddie »

screech wrote:With offers like that you should just lump very big on arsenal @ evens then lay your bet on betfair for an instant profit
A heads up maybe before they pull the bets next time will help a few out on here :thup:
Sorry to spoil the party here but there is no way that Paddy Power will allow you £1,000 @ Evs pre-live. I imagine £20 top, how much did you get on West Ham Rob?
whuben

Post by whuben »

shreddie wrote:
How much did you back it for?

Did you include the commission charge from betfair on your winnnings?

Had a tenner on it and layed four quid. Even taking a point of either side of the bet it should have been a locked in 8/1 winner so should have got 32 quid
screech

Post by screech »

When you laid it did you lay it to win £4 or risk £4 to win £24?
whuben

Post by whuben »

I laid it for 4 quid so i would have lost 24

I must have done something wrong cause only got 3 pound something back
SammyLeeWasOffside

I think it is because laying isn't quite the same as backing that something doesn't happen. If you lay £4 at 6/1 on an event you don't win £24 if it doesn't happen. You are actually offering the 6/1 to other people up to the amount you state (£4), the most you can win in that bet is £4 the most you could have lost is £24 had the result been 3-1.

I don't use betfair so could have this all wrong
whuben

Post by whuben »

I think i needed to lay more ie; something like what my potential winnings would have been on the backing side to lock in a bigger winnings
SammyLeeWasOffside

whuben wrote:I think i needed to lay more ie; something like what my potential winnings would have been on the backing side to lock in a bigger winnings
Laying on odds against bets requires a lot of money and is a huge risk. If you had stuck £20 in then you are really betting £120 to win £20 that the score isn't 3-1 chelsea
Messiah

Post by Messiah »

My toxic spell of betting is still continuing with my Arsenal Sevilla double going down last night.

With that in mind, I have just stuck £10 on Southampton to win tonight.

You can all thank me tomorrow. :thup:
Fishbone

Post by Fishbone »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: I think it is because laying isn't quite the same as backing that something doesn't happen. If you lay £4 at 6/1 on an event you don't win £24 if it doesn't happen. You are actually offering the 6/1 to other people up to the amount you state (£4), the most you can win in that bet is £4 the most you could have lost is £24 had the result been 3-1.

I don't use betfair so could have this all wrong
You are indeed correct.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

shreddie wrote: Sorry to spoil the party here but there is no way that Paddy Power will allow you £1,000 @ Evs pre-live.
They would close your account if you won a £1,000 :lol:
Cambs Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Cambs Iron »

Quite fancy B Munich at home tonight, 13/8 on skybet.
Ifcukin8chelsea

Post by Ifcukin8chelsea »

Had a both teams to score treble on Betfred last night:

Arsenal vs Wigan
Getafe vs Sevilla
Rennes vs Nice

£10 returned £50.