Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

BSB1

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by BSB1 »

Dover KUMB fan wrote:k for a water company, so I am getting bored of hearing about it. You don't need a bloody hosepipe, because the rain is watering your garden for you! Also, you need 3 months of this 'inconveinient' weather to get water levels to a decent level & the ban lifted, so make your mind up what you want!!!
How about getting off your fat arse, stop using company time for coming on here and go and fix some leaking pipes. :wink:

Seriously, is it a fable about the amount of leaking pipes and the % of water wasted his way?
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

It does get blown out of proportion by the press, & the companies get hammered by OFWAT if their leakage figures are high. With the amount of pipes managed, the leakage amount is bloody low in comparison. Anyway, to answer your first point, I know nothing about fixing leaks. I work for the IT Dept. :lol:
djclipz
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

what did make me laugh, is how on 'the one show' which itself is an irritation to note, they were explaining about the hose pipe ban and what constitutes by wasting water. Now this was all done by themselves actually wasting water to see how much water it actually takes to fill a bath compared to running a shower....

but god that show gets on my tits. tits. tits that Alex Jones have are huge but they always make her cover em up, now that is annoying too Headbanger
Tarbs
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Tarbs »

djclipz wrote:what did make me laugh, is how on 'the one show' which itself is an irritation to note, they were explaining about the hose pipe ban and what constitutes by wasting water. Now this was all done by themselves actually wasting water to see how much water it actually takes to fill a bath compared to running a shower....

but god that show gets on my tits. tits. tits that Alex Jones have are huge but they always make her cover em up, now that is annoying too Headbanger
ooooooooooonnnnee........OOOOOOOOONNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

argh!
studenthammer

Post by studenthammer »

BSB1 wrote:Cucking Funt companies that send you random emails even though you ticked the "Don't send me ****ing anything" box when buying online.

Just got one from Jurys Inn flogging Jubilee deals. The last time I booked with them was the Birmingham semi final over a year ago. Just cos you're desperate for business don't go ignoring my preference to not have your **** clog my inbox.
10-Minute Mail

Great for not getting any spam. If you only want to sign up to a website and never want/need to be contacted use this. Works with hotels and the like too because you just print off the confirmation email before the 10-minutes runs out.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Restaurants that advertise on their website or notices that they are open from 5pm.....'til late.

WHAT TIME IS LATE!!

Why not just put the bloody time on it ffs. Imagine you are trying to plan your night out and need to arrange a lift or order a cab

" Yeah just pick me up at eh...LATE"

Stupid pricks :x
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

djclipz wrote:what did make me laugh, is how on 'the one show' which itself is an irritation to note, they were explaining about the hose pipe ban and what constitutes by wasting water. Now this was all done by themselves actually wasting water to see how much water it actually takes to fill a bath compared to running a shower....
I hate the way they deliberately blare out their theme tune, too. Its like the adverts that are always set on commercial channels to be louder than the programme you've had shredded so that a few desperate sales pitches can be made...

:x
shammy

Post by shammy »

Holiday Inn..."Stay you"............What the f*** does that actually mean?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

Wasted journeys.

I drive all the way into head office specifically to run through something with someone who was also coming in especially to see me, but because he hasn't finished what he is working on he now won't be coming in until Monday. Apparently everyone else here knew, but no-one thought to ring me. It's not ****ing hard is it?
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

ageing hammer wrote:Restaurants that advertise on their website or notices that they are open from 5pm.....'til late.

WHAT TIME IS LATE!!

Why not just put the bloody time on it ffs. Imagine you are trying to plan your night out and need to arrange a lift or order a cab

" Yeah just pick me up at eh...LATE"

Stupid pricks :x

Whilst that doesn't irritate me, I noticed that last week and thought to myself what it meant and how long do the staff work til. can just see the conversation whilst getting the job

'So what hours would I be working?'

'6pm 'til late'

'What the hell is late? I've never seen that on any clock in my life time!'
Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

sendô wrote:Wasted journeys.

I drive all the way into head office specifically to run through something with someone who was also coming in especially to see me, but because he hasn't finished what he is working on he now won't be coming in until Monday. Apparently everyone else here knew, but no-one thought to ring me. It's not ****ing hard is it?
Mate, I could go on all day about crap communication in the workplace.

I lead a shift team, and one of the guys didn't want to work the shift anymore. I arranged with the manager and the day team leader to send one of my other team members in over our break to train and fill in the gaps that would be left by the more experienced guy leaving.

I return after TWO AND A HALF WEEKS to finds that no training had been done. When I asked them why, they both claimed that they thought the other one was supposed to call the guy into work when the opportunity for training arose, and as such, no one called him in. TWO AND A HALF WEEKS! And neither thought to ask the other 'haven't you called whatsisface' in yet'?

Furthermore the manager told the guy who was leaving his finishing date, but didn't tell me, nor did the guy leaving. Wonderful. :?
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

Not so much a little irritation, but a fairly big one right now....

Moany c@nts.... who for some unknown reason think you are interested in their moany negative take on everything...just **** off and stop bringing me down you whiney old c@nt!

The old bugger down the corridor has been driving me to despair this week. My head has been in bits this week, due to the truly tragic death of a friend, and every day, at least 3 or 4 times a day (I'm lucky if it's only 3 or 4 times...) my colleague comes in my room to moan, bitch, whinge, critisise and moan a bit more about they guy he works with
Despite struggling to hold it together at times all week, I have stayed calm and diplomatic, suggested that rather than tell me, he actually tells the bloke he's moaning about (he wouldn't dare say it to his face...which is part of his problem), made it obvious I'm not interested, I'm busy so don't have the time, tried to change the subject..... he has no interest in anything I have to say, on any subject, just instantly turns the subject back to bitching about his colleague, and I swear to god I'm close to lamping the c@nt

He seems to revel in others misfortune or mistakes, and just seems to enjoy spreading misery about the place and bringing people down. Bad enough when you're in good form, but even worse when you ain't feeling great...

Anyway, sorry about the ranting, bitching and moaning...! :lol:
But that has been my irritation of the week, month and year (well, ever since I started working with the miserable old twat really)
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Stu, with respect yours is easy to sort, tell him to f*** off :thup:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

Stu - sometimes you just need to be rude to people or they won't get the hint.

Just tell him you aren't interested in his mundane problems or his dreary life so please f*** off and whinge somewhere else.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

Clackers & Sendo...
Cheers, you are both so right
Have been subtley doing just that, but I guess I need to be less subtle...

I guess I'm just worried that if I do give it to him as straight as can be, I'll go off on one and really lay into him as it is something that has been building for some time

Need to have a strong word when I'm in a calm frame of mind, as he seriously needs to be told
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

I say hit him. Learn the **** good and proper with a sharp, unexpected jab to the chops, give him something tangible to moan about, unless of course you break his jaw, in which case, he wont be able to talk.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Indeed.

What would John Prescott do?
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Being made to feel bad for noting someones incompetencies above their head in the hope that they are sacked or moved away from you. In a position of seniority she is the worst culprit of numerous indiscretions, the blame for which, when mentioned in an official capacity, never seems to fall at her feet.

I have told this woman time and time again to sort herself out. She has failed to change her shockingly inept behaviour and as such I have been forced to take action with senior figures behind her back. I even told her that I was going to do thusly and that when retribution came, it would be swift and unexpected. It shouldn't have to be like this. Is it not easier to just do the job you are paid for an not be a cock to everybody you are supposed to be in charge of?
Burningaham

Post by Burningaham »

Dover KUMB fan wrote:It does get blown out of proportion by the press, & the companies get hammered by OFWAT if their leakage figures are high. With the amount of pipes managed, the leakage amount is bloody low in comparison. Anyway, to answer your first point, I know nothing about fixing leaks. I work for the IT Dept. :lol:
I can't fix the leaks, but I can reduce them

What you need is demand driven distribution.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Indeed.

What would John Prescott do?
Nick his lunch? :wink: