West Ham Utd 2 Hull City 1 (28/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

westhamnil

Re: West Ham Utd v Hull City: match thread

Post by westhamnil »

Gabers wrote:Just to clear up any confusion the ref was ****ing useless! ****
Not very good but 888king useless? Harsh, the main thing he missed in the game was the challenge on O'Neil but playing devil's advocate he missed a similar one by Reid on Rosenior. We all know they even them up generally.
Sorry for the confusion on previous post, I did mean up to 2-0 when in my opinion the game was still live.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

My ST is about 10 yards from the managers. I make our rotund Northern manager right when he shouted "you blind cu@@" at the ref
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

The referee was a disgrace. End of. Clear penalty for the Vaz Te incident - their defender didn't touch the ball and went through Ricardo in an attempt to get it. He's the last man.....

Elbow on Tomkins - deliberate or not its a minimum yellow card - not even given as a foul. Studs up late challenge on O'Neil not given, and the player not even booked...regardless of whether he's taken the shot its still dangerous play.

We also had a player through beating the last man (Maynard or Baldock?) and he was taken out, nothing given. Pathetic.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

:?
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

What a nothing load of b*llocks that was, 2nd half in particular. Good, no excuse about being kanckerd now for Cardiff
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Big Sam's post match presser, exclusively in full:

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Barmby to follow tomorrow because I'm going to sit down and watch a film instead...
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Even BFS thought it was an awful challenge on O'Neill.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Gaffer, while you're about, the thread I started that got stuck in here was supposed to be a general thing about the season as a whole, nothing to do with today's game.

I thought it might spark a debate about whether in the grand scheme of things, people think this has been a good season or not. Couldn't see any other threads on the subject.

Anyway, ignore me and go watch your film.... :D
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Morocco Mole wrote:Gaffer, while you're about, the thread I started that got stuck in here was supposed to be a general thing about the season as a whole, nothing to do with today's game.
I've not been here much Moley but let me know what page it's on and if i agree :) I'll move it out to its own thread ... PM please.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Sweeney Bod wrote:My ST is about 10 yards from the managers. I make our rotund Northern manager right when he shouted "you blind cu@@" at the ref
Haha! :lol:

Biggest home attendence of the season today and to be fair I think it was larger than anything we had last year. 35,000. Top marks. Hope we get a sell out for the Semi against Cardiff. I'm sure we will.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

apart from the goal, how ****ing rubbish was the second half!? put baldock and maynard on...and ht the ball longer and higher than ever

brainless ****ing horrible football
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Some pictures from the post-match parade...

bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Morocco Mole wrote:Gaffer, while you're about, the thread I started that got stuck in here was supposed to be a general thing about the season as a whole, nothing to do with today's game.

I thought it might spark a debate about whether in the grand scheme of things, people think this has been a good season or not. Couldn't see any other threads on the subject.

Anyway, ignore me and go watch your film.... :D
Apologies for that MM, it started to get a bit heated on here after the game so I merged to make it easier to moderate. Boss, up to you if you want to unmerge.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

w4hammer wrote:apart from the goal, how ****ing rubbish was the second half!? put baldock and maynard on...and ht the ball longer and higher than ever

brainless ****ing horrible football
That's precisely what I thought. We were sterotyped, static and predictable throughout in just about everything that we did. It was crying out for some movement, from our backs, through our midfield, right through to the frontmen. It needs CC to move around in the box and shake off his marker and not just stand there waiting for the ball to find him. He needs to be smarter in and around the box, spin off his marker, hold off and then dart into a goal scoring position ahead of a defender. It needs our midfielders to get more movement and not be standing still when they receive the ball and then move. They need to receive it on the run, balls not played directly at the player all the time, but in front of them and into space. All of this will increase the tempo and make us far less predictable.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Good performance from the team today. It was always a slim hope expecting Coventry - the worst team in the division for me - to get something at Southampton, but we set about Hull and gave it a good go and had results elsewhere been in our favour, we were set early second half to get what we needed.

We put in a good performance and set ourselves up well going into the playoff game against Cardiff playing probably the best football in the league and undoubtedly the best football we've played all season. All parts of the team seem to be firing and more importantly playing together as a tight unit. We're not just winning games but we're looking good value for it, dominating possession and creating several chances.

As long as we can keep that confidence going we should be confident.

As to today, well I thought Reid stood out at the back looking solid and reading the game well. Not sure where Faye is but if he turns up I'd keep the Kiwi in at the back. O'Neil looked energetic in the middle and was unlucky not to score, and Cole was excellent up front. His second in particular was well taken.

We should all be pleased, despite not going up today was a good day, provided O'Neil's knock isn't too bad.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Why did the police consider it necessary for all officers to carry riot helmets today?
ironsonthebrain
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 119 likes

Post by ironsonthebrain »

smuts wrote:
He reminded me of the big bald German mechanic who fights Indiana Jones near the plane in Raiders of the lost Ark.
Pat Roach - as well as acting (he was Bomber in Auf Weidersehn Pet) he did a bit of professional wrestling.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Up the Junction wrote: Image
I am in no fit state to think straight, but that photo has ****ed me out!
ajhammer

Post by ajhammer »

can someone explain the nolan offside to me? when he was behind the guy in an offside position but the defender headed it away and nolan intercepted. i thought since their player played it he couldn't be offside? if thats not the case there was a similar incident with baldock 10mins later that wasn't given off.
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

I don't really have many thoughts on the match. It was obvious that when southampton went 3-0 after half time our players were told to take their foot off the gas, good subs by SA in terms of resting key players although I though Maynard and Baldock were cack.

At least the season is at least a week longer...

On a side note, despite the slating the manager and the team have had over the season I've really enjoyed myself and had a load of good days at home and away. I wonder if we have the record of the least amount of losses and not got promotion.