sunday's news 29th april includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Re: sunday's news 29th april includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

claret and blues

West Ham – the 66% chance to turn an alright season into a very good one

86 points would have promoted us automatically in 6 out of the last 10 seasons, if we include this one.

Finishing 3rd has resulted in promotion to the premier league on 2/3s of seasons, as we now know thanks to Goaty Gav’s analysis.

So, confident?

We go into the play-offs on the back of an excellent away win at Leicester and a workmanlike but effective victory against Hull at the Boleyn Ground. Add to that the demolition of Brighton in the previous home game and perhaps, just perhaps, we have begun to banish the memories of the successive draws at home that, as I predicted they would at the time, have ultimately cost us what many Hammers fans believe to be our rightful place in the top flight.

We face Cardiff. Personally I was hoping that Middlesbrough would some how nick 6th spot but I guess we must seek solace in the fact that Cardiff have not exactly stormed their way into that final place on the back of an impressive run of form – they haven’t. That said, 3 wins in the last 4 and being unbeaten in 10 is not exactly shabby and I think we can expect a tougher encounter than we faced in the wake of their Carling Cup disappointment, which resulted in an easy win for the Hammers on Welsh soil.

One final thing to leave you with. Allardyce has told us, in interviews on TalkSport and in his own newspaper column in the Evening Standard, that we have had an “outstanding” season. Indeed this was echoed by Jeremy Nicholas, our match day announcer, at the game yesterday. All i can say to that is that I wish Ofsted were quite as benevolent in their use of such superlatives, given that as yet we have failed to achieve the season’s goal and look set to lose a number of players over the summer if indeed failure is the ultimate achievement.
jonnysissons
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by jonnysissons »

Thanks CH.

Not been on KUMB long but now automatically rely on your news updates everyday. Even feel a bit indignant sometimes if I log on and its not there!!

The boys at work know that when i'm eating a sandwich at lunchtime in front of the computer I'm invariably on the KUMB site. All I have to say is 'babe of the day' and they spin round to have a good look! They are seldom disappointed.

Anway fella good luck to you.

COYI

:thup:
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Thanks CH, got back late last night, I have one hell of a headache this morning !
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

jonnysissons wrote:Thanks CH.

Not been on KUMB long but now automatically rely on your news updates everyday. Even feel a bit indignant sometimes if I log on and its not there!!

The boys at work know that when i'm eating a sandwich at lunchtime in front of the computer I'm invariably on the KUMB site. All I have to say is 'babe of the day' and they spin round to have a good look! They are seldom disappointed.

Anway fella good luck to you.

COYI

:thup:

no problem mate glad you like the babes of the day
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH, as always.

Sorry to hear about the mince pies, mind you, for some of our home performances, I am sure it has been a blessing in disguise :wink:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

lol crs
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »