wednesday's news 2nd may includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

wednesday's news 2nd may includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

the mail

Irons in the fire: Hurst believes the likes of James Tomkins can help West Ham secure a return to the Premier League
In with a shout: Sam Allardyce

Big Sam's the man to lead Hammers to Premier League, says hero Hurst

Sir Geoff Hurst is backing West Ham to secure their return to the Barclays Premier League the hard way after missing out on automatic promotion.

The former Hammers striker, who was plying his trade at Upton Park when he wrote his name into the history books with his World Cup final hat-trick, admitted his disappointment that Sam Allardyce's men were unable to secure the top-two finish in the npower Championship.

However, now Cardiff stand between them and a Wembley final with a huge prize at stake, and Hurst is hoping they can make the most of their second chance.

He said: 'It was tinged with disappointment that they didn't go up automatically when it looked like they were going to do, but they are still in with a shout, and a very strong shout.

'They have got to win three more games. They didn't finish the season too badly, particularly at home, where results had been poor at times.

'The away record is some kind of record for the club, but they have lost a couple of games at home.

'But they won convincingly at home, 6-0, a couple of games ago and in terms of form coming into the play-off games, the form is pretty good.

'It's going to be tough. They are playing Cardiff, who gave Liverpool a game in the Carling Cup final, but they are still there.

'They are still in with a shout with a couple of games home and a final at Wembley to fight for.'

A 2-1 final day victory over Hull was not enough to sneak the Hammers past Southampton into second place as the Saints ensured it was they who went up along with champions Reading following a thumping 4-0 demolition of relegated Coventry.

The victors of their semi-final showdown with Cardiff will meet either Blackpool or Birmingham at Wembley, and it is a battle Hurst believes the London club has to win to ensure the earliest possible return to the Premier League.

He said: 'The budget for the players is probably superior to most in the Championship, so you would expect with the money they have spent to get back up at the first attempt.

'They have to get back.'

london 24

West Ham’s Lansbury: The Hammers can do what Norwich did

West Ham loan star Henri Lansbury believes there are many similarities between the Hammers squad and the Norwich team he helped to promotion last season

West Ham loan star Henri Lansbury is looking for back-to-back Championship promotions, but this time round his team will have to do it the hard way.

The England under-21 international midfielder was on loan at Carrow Road last season and helped Norwich to automatic promotion and he sees similarities between the Canaries and his current team-mates at Upton Park.

“There is a similar feeling here to Norwich and team spirit is a massive part of that,” insisted the 21-year-old who has made 23 appearances in West Ham’s promotion push.

“We have got a great bunch of lads here and I think we have got a massive chance to achieve what Norwich did.

“Fingers crossed it will be great for me and great for the club and there are a lot of similarities between this West Ham team and Norwich. Last season I went up automatically, this time we will have to do it through the play-offs, but hopefully we will be able to do just that.”

Lansbury dazzled the West Ham crowd with a sparkling goalscoring debut back in September against Portsmouth, but though he hasn’t added to that tally and also suffered injury along the way, he is beginning to come back into form just at the right time.

Now he is ready for the challenge of the play-offs, something the Arsenal youngster has never experienced before.

“I think it will probably be the biggest game I have ever been involved in,” said the bearded midfielder.

“I think the first game in Cardiff will be the toughest one and if we get a result we can come back here and be confident of turning them over at home.

“I am obviously a bit disappointed that we missed out on automatic promotion, but I think we have got to pick ourselves up, go into the Cardiff game with the momentum we have got now and just keep going.”

Lansbury is unclear about his future at the Emirates and will wait until the end of the season to see what transpires with West Ham, but he admits that a season at Upton Park has been an education well worth having.

“I have learned a lot,” he said. “Obviously the players here have taken me under their wing and talked me through what I have got to do.

“Being with a great manager helps as well and I think it has improved my football.”

He may only be a youngster, but he has been through the pressure of a promotion campaign already and that may still prove vital in the games to come.

newham recorder

West Ham United shirts stolen from shrine to road death victim

Family and friends have paid moving tributes to a 33-year-old man who died after he was involved in a road accident.

Tribute to Simon Draper who was killed in a road traffic accidentTribute to Simon Draper who was killed in a road traffic accident

Family and friends have paid moving tributes to a “special” man who died following a road accident.

But they have been left heartbroken by sick thieves who stole from the shrine set up in his memory.

Plumber Simon Draper, of Roman Road, East Ham, tragically died after sustaining serious injuries.in the Barking Road accident.

Cousin Russell Marsh said he was his best friend as well as his cousin. The pair, who were born just six weeks apart, grew up together.

“He was the kind of person everyone wanted to be. He was always happy. Some people have two or three best friends, he had hundreds. A Facebook page set up has already had over a thousand mentions. He would drive 300 miles to go and pick something up for you in his van, he was that kind of person, the first one there to help.

“Everyone is devastated at the cruel way he was taken, so early. There is no rhyme or reason.”

Simon, 33, has a brother Andrew and sister Jacqueline. Friends and relatives left floral tributes for Hammers fan Simon on railings close to the scene. But two West Ham shirts, left as tributes, were stolen.

A friend of Simon’s who asked not to be named said she could not believe people would do such a thing. She said : “He was a big West Ham fan. He was such a happy person and always made people laugh. He had so many friends.”

Another friend, Tara Mahabir, described the scene just after his friends discovered he had passed away. She said: “We didn’t know what to do, so we went to the local. We figured we should go where we know him best and have a drink in his name. We weren’t the only ones who thought that way.

“A sleepy little pub was transformed into a crowd of love. I walked in and people were crying and laughing - they were all talking about Simon. They were all there for Simon.”

Simon lost his life after the accident ten days ago. Police were called to reports of a car and a pedestrian in an accidnet in Barking Road, near the junction with High Street North, East Ham.

Officers, LAS and HEMS all attended the scene and Simon was taken to hospital with head, chest and leg injuries.

The woman who was driving the car involved was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and as been bailed until June

how can people do that sick

rip fellow hammer :crest:

Newcastle and Fulham are weighing up bids for former Real Madrid striker Raul. The 34-year-old Spaniard is leaving Schalke in the summer and is expected to move to Qatar, but the Premier League clubs are hopeful of changing his mind.

talkSPORT

Manchester City, Tottenham and Liverpool could be poised for a bidding war over Arjen Robben, 28, after the former Chelsea winger pulled out of contract talks with Bayern Munich.
Raul

Raul has scored a record 71 Champions League goals in his career

talkSPORT

Former Manchester United defender Gerard Pique, 25, tops manager Sir Alex Ferguson's shopping list as he plans to splash the cash to reel in Manchester City next season.

Daily Star

Lille winger Eden Hazard, a target for Manchester United and Manchester City, attended the derby clash between the sides on Monday night.

Daily Mirror

Chelsea are preparing a £22m bid for 24-year-old Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini as owner Roman Abramovich looks to overhaul his ageing squad.

Daily Mirror

Liverpool are chasing £12m-rated Netherlands striker Luuk de Jong, who has scored 30 goals for FC Twente this season. But the Anfield club face competition for the 21-year-old's signature from 15 other clubs.

The Sun

The Reds are also set for another scouting mission to watch AZ Alkmaar midfielder Rasmus Elm, 24, in action. The birth of his first child at the weekend saw the Sweden international pull out of a game and left manager Kenny Dalgish to re-schedule another scouting trip.

Daily Mail

Fulham will battle Norwich and Swansea in the summer for £2m-rated Nottingham Forest defender Chris Gunter, 22.

Daily Star

Everton boss David Moyes wants to sign Burnley striker Jay Rodriguez, 22, for £8m to play alongside Nikica Jelavic.

The Sun

Sunderland's forgotten man Asamoah Gyan, 26, looks set to complete a £10m permanent move to UAE club Al-Ain this month.

Daily Mail
ROY HODGSON REACTION

"Whether you were a Redknappist or a Hodgsonian, you could hardly deny that, at his introduction as England manager, the new man conducted himself with dignity and composure at Wembley."

Sam Wallace in The Independent

"There is a difference, you see, between hope and expectation. Hodgson hoped that he would get the England job, but he did not expect it. Harry Redknapp allowed himself, perhaps understandably given the number of people whispering excitedly in his ear, to be drawn into a certain expectation. And where matters relating to the England team are concerned, there is a well-established lesson that expectations grate."

Oliver Kay in The Times (subscription required)

"As Roy Hodgson walked in to face the welcoming committee at Wembley yesterday, Sky TV were plugging the James Cameron film Voyage to the Bottom of the Earth. It was a suitable reminder of most people's expectations when England travel to Poland and Ukraine this summer."

Steven Howard in The Sun

"So that was the first press conference ticked off. Now comes the really hard part and the most relevant question of the lot when the European Championship is getting so close and England's preparations have been so jumbled and chaotic. It is whether Hodgson can put together a fully integrated plan when there is so much to do and so little time."

Daniel Taylor in The Guardian
New England manager Roy Hodgson

The national and regional press have been reacting to Hodgson's appointment

"Hodgson has international credentials, tournament experience and a proven record for dragging footballers across the boundaries of over-achievement. In that respect, and given England's drift into mediocrity, he sounds ideal. It's just a shame it'll be to Albion's loss."

Chris Lepkowski in the Birmingham Mail

"Swapping the Hawthorns for the gorse-filled rose garden of England, Hodgson knows that many problems need solving. Issues hang all around him."

Henry Winter in the Daily Telegraph

"Now put yourself in Hodgson's shoes. As an XI, he will never have had a collection of talent like that, not even at Inter Milan. Why should he be downcast, or even subdued? He has considerably fewer problems now than would have confronted him on his first day at West Bromwich Albion. Just greater expectations."

Martin Samuel in the Daily Mail

"My only regret, having been advocating Hodgson as England manager since the last century, is that Bernstein and Brooking were not in positions of such influence in 2000, when the FA embarked on the foolish and horribly expensive policy of hiring foreigners who had made their reputations in the club game."

Patrick Barclay in the London Evening Standard

Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck, 21, will be fit for the Euros after a scan revealed he had only suffered severe bruising after a challenge by Nigel De Jong during Monday's Manchester derby.

Daily Mail

And United captain Nemanja Vidic, 30, is on course to return to action at the start of next season as he recovers from a serious knee ligament injury.

Goal.com

Chelsea could revive their interest in luring Spurs boss Harry Redknapp, 65, across London after he was snubbed for the England job.

Daily Mail

Everton manager David Moyes has warned injured midfielder Jack Rodwell, 21, that his priority is getting fully fit for the start of the Premier League season rather than rushing back for the Olympics.

Full story: Liverpool Echo

A ball girl has sprung to fame in Brazil after inadvertently providing the assist for a Botafogo goal in the state championship final.

Friendless as a child and now as an adult, The Mill often retreats to a canorous world of make-believe. Here, The Mill is smart enough to understand why many believe that M-theory unites all five string theories and perhaps supplants them; Carinthian Blondvieh cows give lectures on the significance of repetition in Eugène Ionesco's classic piece of absurdist theatre, La Cantatrice Chauve; and Steven Gerrard plays tiki-taka. As regular readers who "enjoy" this column will have surmised long ago, this experience in the spurious is indeed the main reason The Mill is here early in the morning tapping out all the latest goings-on in the world of football transfers and with that, we are off to Manchester.

There, Sir Alex Ferguson has £100m worth of used banknotes neatly divided into stacks of £50s, £20s, £10s and £5s and he is going to spend it all on buying the sort of players that will allow him to come second to Manchester City yet again next season. Top of his list is the trick filled, lubricious Lille midfielder Eden Hazard. But the Scot is not the only one rolling his eyes across the crowded dance floor at the Belgian – the Manchester City manager, Roberto Mancini, is also interested.

When Ferguson fails to land the Belgian, because Hazard is more interested in the "project" at Manchester City, he will divert his attentions and funds in the direction of Fernando Llorente, Luka Modric, Nicolás Gaitán or Shinji Kagawa. To balance the books, the Scot will drive former goal grabbers Federico Macheda, Dimitar Berbatov and Michael Owen to somewhere deep into the countryside, tell them to get out of the car and drive off lickety-split without an ounce of guilt.

Sunderland's Stéphane Sessègnon insists he is not looking to leave behind the delights that Wearside has to offer a young man in his prime. "I don't feel that my work is finished here. It's true when I first came here it was hard to get used to the style but now I like the Premier League and think I have improved. I've got no problem with life at Sunderland," he said before unlatching the back door, slipping off his heavy shoes and sneaking out quietly and thumbing a lift in the direction of Paris St Germain.

Meanwhile, in a move that will surely give a significant boost to Liverpool's hopes of regaining their status as the biggest club on Merseyside, Dirk Kuyt looks to be on his merry way to the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg. Kuyt has a year left on his contract with Liverpool but the Dutchman is set to be swooned by the bleached-bearded Lothario that is Thorsten Fink, a man who looks like he spends his weekends in front of a wind machine recreating classic Take That videos wearing nothing more than a pair of dungarees and a I-can't-believe-this-has-ended-like-this-when-we-had-so-much-going-for-us look. "He has class, and he is also a fighter. There is nothing more that needs to be said about the quality of this player," alleged Fink of Kuyt. More good news for Liverpool fans comes in the form of the imminent signing of Clearasil-skinned striker Luuk de Jong.

Soon to be patronised by pundits Southampton have experienced the most embarrassing snub since, eh, well, ever, when Celtic's Gary Hooper said he would rather stay in the EuroDisney League and be knocked out in the third-round of qualification for the Champions League to either Panathinaikos or Odense than take a dance around the maypole in the Premier League with Nigel Adkins's side. "I have two years left on my current contract, I am scoring goals and I'm loving my football. There is a big chance for us to play Champions League football next season and that has been an ambition of mine for a long time," pronounced Hooper with the straightest of faces.

DAILY MIRROR:

Manchester City are set to sign Eden Hazard ahead of rivals United.

Roy Hodgson last night admitted he would have to be on another planet to think he was the fans' choice to manage England.

Chris Hughton has offered no guarantee he will remain at Birmingham beyond this season - with West Brom waiting in the wings.

Juventus will spend £35million on one player if they win Serie A - with Luis Suarez, Carlos Tevez and Robin van Persie top of their wishlist.

David James could be forced to bring his 24-year career to an end after being bombed out by Bristol City.

David Silva says Roberto Mancini won the mind games with Sir Alex Ferguson by taking the title pressure off his players.

DAILY STAR:

Roy Hodgson last night insisted his Liverpool nightmare has prepared him for life in the hotseat.

David Silva reckons Roberto Mancini won his mental war with Sir Alex Ferguson.

Sir Alex Ferguson will go on a summer spending spree in an attmpt to stop his neighbours from ruling the roost in Manchester.

Paul Pogba looks set to reject a new contract at Old Trafford in favour of a move to Juventus.

Chris Hughton is ready to step into Roy Hodgson's shoes at West Brom.

Fulham will battle Norwich and Swansea for £2million-rated Nottingham Forest defender Chris Gunter.

THE SUN:

Roy Hodgson last night set out his masterplan to win the Euros this year.

David Silva says United no longer hold any fears for City.

Everton and Newcastle are in a tug-of-war to sign midfielder Roman Hamouma from Caen.

Liverpool are in a battle with 15 other clubs to sign Dutch ace Luuk de Jong.

Southampton want £5m-rated midfielder Michu.

David Moyes wants to land Burnley striker Jay Rodriguez in a deal that could cost Everton £8m.

Arsenal target Yann M'Vila has been arrested in France after allegedly punching a 17-year-old.

DAILY EXPRESS:

Sir Alex Ferguson will launch a £100million summer spending bonanza in a bid to prevent Manchester United being replaced by neighbours City as the dominant force in the Premier League.

Roy Hodgson began his reign as England manager with an appeal for the nation to cut him some slack.

Tottenham's Danny Rose has hit out at Harry Redknapp's refusal to rotate his squad.

DAILY MAIL:

Roy Hodgson will talk to both John Terry and Rio Ferdinand in the hope of taking both players to the European Championship.

Liverpool will take another look at AZ Alkmaar midfielder Rasmus Elm tonight.

Middlesbrough manager Tony Mowbray is ready to turn to Ipswich midfielder Grant Leadbitter.

Asamoah Gyan looks set to complete a £10million permanent move to UAE club Al-Ain.

DAILY RECORD (SCOTLAND):

Bill Miller is on the brink of pushing through his takeover of Rangers after Brian Kennedy and Paul Murray refused to copy the American's Newco plan.

Celtic target Jay Rodriguez has refused to rule out a move to Parkhead.

QPR have been served with a writ by Brazil legend Dunga.
Follow The Scottish Sun on Twitter

The 1994 World Cup winner and ex-Brazil boss wants the return, plus interest, of over £1million which he says he lent the club in 2005 and 2007, before the takeover of Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone.

Dunga said: “I remain a QPR fan and hope a solution can be found.”

DAVID JAMES may bring his 24-year career to an end after being axed by Bristol City.

Ex-England keeper James, 41, was one of eight players released yesterday.

Boss Derek McInnes said: “It’s time to revamp the squad.”

EVERTON and Newcastle are in a tug-of-war to sign midfielder Roman Hamouma from Caen.

The Ligue 1 outfit want £4million for the Algerian, 25. A Caen source said: “We’re open to talks but at the right price for a quality player.”

SUNDERLAND flop Cristian Riveros has signed for Turkish side Kayserispor.

The Paraguayan midfielder, 29, made 14 appearances for the Black Cats after joining in a £2.5million deal from Mexican outfit Cruz Azul two years ago.

SOUTHAMPTON want to add £5m-rated Spanish midfielder Michu to their Prem squad.

The player has hit 15 goals for Rayo Vallecano this season.

Michu, 26, also interests Fulham, Wigan and WBA.

Juventus want spend £35m on single player with Suarez, Tevez and Van Persie on their hit-list

Eden Hazard was at the Etihad to watch Manchester City beat Manchester United

Transfer stories from other papers

Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben has pulled oput of contract talks - alerting Manchester City, Tottenham and Liverpool (talkSPORT)

Former Real Madrid star Raul is weighing up a move to the Premier League with either Fulham or Newcastle (talkSPORT)

Chelsea could make a move for Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp following his England snub (Daily Mail)

Liverpool have entered the chase for prolific FC Twente striker Luuk de Jong - who is also wanted by 15 other clubs (The Sun)

Liverpool have had to schedule another scouting trip to watch AZ Alkmaar midfielder Rasmus Elm after he pulled out of the last game following the birth of his child (Daily Mail)

Fulham, Norwich and Swansea will compete for the signing of Nottingham Forest's Chris Gunter (Daily Star)

Everton want Burnley striker Jay Rodriguez (The Sun)

babe of the day

http://bitcast-a.v1.lhr1.bitgravity.com ... g/0012.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Samassi Abou
Total likes: 1 like

Re: wednesday's news 2nd may includes west ham

Post by Samassi Abou »

If we get promoted Raul has got 'Sam Allardyce Signing' written all over it................
Headtheball

Post by Headtheball »

Many Thanks CH!

Meanwhile, down in Cardiff, Malky is trying to play mind games...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -30880248/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay piles play-off pressure on former club West Ham
By Chris Wathan May 1 2012 Add a commentinShare0 Share on emailShare on print Malky Mackay will take on Sam AllardyceMALKY MACKAY has turned up the promotion heat on West Ham’s stars by claiming he knows all about the pressure they’re under.

Cardiff City chief Mackay kept his players hidden from the play-off spotlight today when he placed a gagging order on his men ahead of tomorrow’s semi-final first leg with the Hammers.

But he denied it was a bid to ease any tension around the Bluebirds camp, adamant the real anxiety is being felt at Upton Park.

While Mackay pointed to a valiant Carling Cup run as example of Cardiff resilience under pressure, the Scot called on his days as a West Ham player to highlight the expectancy in the East End of London ahead of Thursday's clash.

Signed having won automatic promotion with Norwich the previous year, Mackay was Hammers captain in their last stint in the Championship back in 2005.

And it was with first-hand knowledge he said: “There’s a pressure on West Ham.

“They’re a great club and I had a fantastic time there – but there’s an expectation level that goes with the size of the club.

“Every second person you meet in London is a West Ham fan. They have huge support who expect to be in the top division.

“That was the case when I was there. We got to the play-off final and fans expected to get through and back into the Premier League where they belong. That’s not changed.

“They have financial strength which you can see with the size of the squad, the quality of the players and the fact they could hire a top manager in Sam Allardyce.

“They have been in the top three the whole season so they will rightly be favourites.”

There has been evidence of the weight on West Ham’s shoulders all season.

Whereas Mackay’s Boleyn Ground spell (that did end in play-off promotion incidentally) was based around Alan Pardew’s team in transition, the class of 2012 have been charged with an immediate Premier League return fuelled by big wages for the likes of Kevin Nolan and boss Allardyce.

Even then, the direct playing style in which their third-placed finish was achieved has not been satisfactory for some supporters who voiced their frustrations at Allardyce only recently.

And while there is a sense of desperation about West Ham’s top-flight attempts – not too dissimilar to the feeling around Cardiff’s two previous play-off bids – Mackay says there is only desire at a club calm and comfortable with the challenge that faces them.

It is a world away from those two final hurdle failures under Dave Jones, defeats to Blackpool in the 2010 final and last year’s semi-final loss to Reading seeing labels of ‘bottlers’ attached to the club.

But having rebuilt the Bluebirds in terms of personnel and personality, Mackay said: “That’s in the past. And even then you have to take the individual games on their own merit.

“Last year losing Craig Bellamy against Reading didn’t help and against Blackpool the year before they lost Jay Bothroyd 10 minutes in and Charlie Adam put the ball in the top corner from 30 yards.

“That’s the kind of thing you need to go for you to win a final.

“As far as we’re concerned, this is a group that has got to a cup final and taken a club like Liverpool to penalties in front of 90,000 people.

“That shows there’s a strength in character here to enable us to handle a two-legged semi-final.”
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

Cheers CH, much appreciated as always :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

THE SUN: Roy Hodgson last night set out his masterplan to win the Euros this year. Also: Manchester City are the third-highest players in world sport according to a new survey; Howard Webb will referee Manchester City's date with destiny at Newcastle on Sunday.

DAILY MAIL: Roy Hodgson will talk to both John Terry and Rio Ferdinand in the hope of taking both players to the European Championship. Also: Some things will not change. Liverpool might finish the season winning two trophies but they still cannot win at home.

DAILY MIRROR: Roy Hodgson last night admitted he would have to be "on another planet" to think he was the fans' choice to manage England. Also: Everton took hold of Merseyside league bragging rights when they held on for a draw at Stoke as Liverpool crashed at home to Fulham.

DAILY EXPRESS: Roy Hodgson began his reign as England manager with an appeal for the nation to cut him some slack in his bid to convince sceptical supporters he is the right man for the job. Also: Sir Alex Ferguson will launch a £100million summer spending bonanza in a bid to prevent Manchester United being replaced by neighbours City as the dominant force in the Premier League.

DAILY STAR: Roy Hodgson last night insisted his Liverpool nightmare has prepared him for life in the England hot seat. Also: Liverpool last night fell further behind in the battle to be top dogs on Merseyside in the league this season.

THE DAILY TELEGRAPH: Roy Hodgson signed a four-year deal as England manager yesterday and immediately made his mark, saying he would be "bitterly disappointed" if the team did not reach the Euro 2012 quarter-finals at least. Also: Manchester United forward Danny Welbeck remains on course to make England's Euro 2012 squad after a scan dispelled fears that he suffered a broken leg during Monday's 1-0 defeat against Manchester City.

THE TIMES: Roy Hodgson is planning to hold talks with John Terry and Rio Ferdinand to determine whether they are willing to play alongside each other for their country. Also: If a quirk of fate decreed that two of Roy Hodgson's former clubs should meet on the very day he was presented as England manager, it was one of his mistakes in the transfer market that helped Fulham to their first victory over Liverpool at Anfield.

THE GUARDIAN: Roy Hodgson began his tenure as England manager with an appeal for time from a sceptical public and an admission he would have to have been living "on another planet" not to realise many would have preferred Harry Redknapp to take the reins of the national side. Also: History was made at Anfield and in keeping with a woeful home campaign it was a slice Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool will want to forget as Fulham recorded their first win on Merseyside at the 49th attempt.

THE INDEPENDENT: Roy Hodgson said yesterday that one of his first tasks as England manager was to resolve any potential differences between John Terry and Rio Ferdinand over the race case involving the latter's brother Anton that threatens to divide the squad ahead of the European Championship. Also: England's worst fears about the Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck were eased last night when it emerged that he had badly bruised a leg, but not broken it, in the potentially pivotal derby defeat to Manchester City.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

These so called mind games are pathetic. Thanks fergie and whinger.

Everyone knows that they are mind games so are ignored for what they strive to be. :asleep:
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

RIP my friend Simon...a very special person indeed. My thoughts go out to all his family and friends. Very sad indeed.
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Thanks CH, Always sad when we lose a fellow Hammer at such a young age.
R.I.P. Simon :crest:
nobleforengland

Post by nobleforengland »

Their is some sick people in this world but for someone to take a couple of footie shirts from a shrine remebering someone who's life was just taken is seriously, seriously sick. Thats just wrong!!

Cheers CH :thup:
Ticket 2 Ryde

Post by Ticket 2 Ryde »

Thanks CH

RIP young man :crest:
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1222 likes
Total likes: 1639 likes

Post by last.caress »

Hmm, what to do about Terry/Ferdinand. What to do, what to do... HEY! Ditch the pair of them, start preparing for the future. Problem solved!

Cheers CH. as ever :thup:
simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Cheers C.H, and R.I.P. to Simon :crest:
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Thanks CH,

Simon Draper sounds like he was a very good lad, very sad for his family.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Cheers CH - RIP to the fellow hammer :crest:
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

Thanks CH
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Cheers CH :thup:
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Knew Simon from my Miller's days, very sad news indeed.

Grave robbers are pondlife.
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »

Cheers CH!
Cracking BOTD :raver:

My Uncle went through a similar situation with a neighbour who would get pissed every night and leave the telly on full volume. After countless compaints to the owner and to the police, finally, my uncle had enough and went next door with a gun and shot up the telly and left some holes in the wall (not advocating this by the way). The neighbor never woke up!!
In the end Uncle George got off with a warning!