saturday's news 5th may includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

saturday's news 5th may includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

the sun

Roy gets Lions’ share

IN a send-off fit for a king, Graham Alexander levels for Preston v Charlton with a last-minute free-kick, then retires after 1,023 games.

What a bloke. Grezza, 40, even hugs the ref who has just booked him for celebrating with fans. The Scot shows what is wonderful about lower league football.

Our season just got extended, we are in the play-offs.

Sunday

FINALLY the news is public and you all know that it’s Roy and not Harry who has heard the words you’re hired from the FA.

The decision is no surprise to me and although I’m sorry the FA haven’t chosen Harry Redknapp as England manager I'm very pleased for Roy Hodgson

One thing that strikes me is the FA’s distrust of managers who communicate their enthusiasm.

Apparently Sir Alf Ramsey set the one–syllable tone.

Only Kevin Keegan and Terry Venables since have had the gift of charisma.

Hodgson has to be better than Fabio Capello, of course.

Looking back, the Italian’s appointment with the Three Lions was £20million-worth of insanity, his English was no better than a tongue-tied parrot’s — and he strutted like one.

Monday

AT our end of season dinner tonight with 1,000 other fans to see home-grown player Mark Noble crowned as Hammer of the Year.

Over £230,000 is raised for the Academy on the night from a variety of auction prizes. One was to be our assistant manager for the day, which a well-know football agent bid for and won — now that will be interesting!

Tuesday

ON the day of Roy Hodgson’s official appointment, the irony of Liverpool losing 1-0 at home to Fulham, their first-ever league win at Anfield, should not be lost.

There’s no hiding ex-Fulham boss Hodgson’s replacement at Liverpool, King Kenny, needs an FA Cup final victory to bandage the wounds of their league season.

I can see them beating Chelsea because now and then, Berlusconi-like, they can rise to the occasion.

Wednesday

AN invitation to the launch of Working with Travellers arrives.

A conference has been organised by OneGame Community and Kick it Out and hosted by QPR.

I’m all for supporting minority causes — I’m a woman after all!

And any form of racism is obnoxious but I’m not sure about attending a conference on being fair to travellers when I hadn’t noticed anyone in football being unfair to them in the first place?

Thursday

WHO’D be a fourth official, that cross between a whipping boy and a marriage counsellor?

Here at Cardiff, Malky Mackay never stops chuntering at him, although in the din goodness knows whether he can hear the manager’s porridge-thick brogue.

Our Sam stands and chews, while my team showed that under pressure they have nerves of steel and rose to the challenge. Roll on Monday.

Friday

JUST saw Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse’s second goal against Chelsea — the best most of us will EVER see.

When voters opted for Wayne Rooney’s overhead kick as the greatest goal in Prem history, it seemed safe to announce it just before the end of the season.

Within hours Cisse struck and history is bunk all over again. City beware.

forever west ham

Time to say goodbye?

Freddie Sears, a player with so much promise and seemingly very loyal, he was willing to sit and wait for his chance in the first team and many fans, including me, were willing him to take that chance by the scruff of the neck and show the strikers how to play this beautiful game! Unfortunately, such a promising start for the

youngster failed to materialise. I’m going to take a look back over Sears’ short career so far.

2007- 2008

It was in this year that the name Sears started to pick up momentum and make its way around the terraces. After having a very successful time in the youth team he was promoted to the reserves, Finishing the season with a total of 25 goals in 24 games

Sears was showing he was no pushover, at that level. Tony Carr was so impressed with Sears he came out in the press and said he could see him making a first team appearance in the near future.

On the 15th of March 2008 Sears came on to replace Nolberto Solano in a league game against Blackburn Rovers on the 75 minute mark. The game was locked at 1-1 but that was a bout to change. Tiny in stature, Sears run onto the bitch to a roar from the fans and was encouraged by everyone in the ground from the first second. 5 Minutes and 16 seconds, that’s all it took for Sears to score his debut goal and to win the game for West Ham. After seeing his first shot rebounded he was first onto it and nodded it in, crossing his arms above his head to make the “Hammers” sign.

It is genuinely sad to say, this didn’t last…

2008 – 2010

Sears was back in the reserves for this season and was making noise while he was there, whilst being joint top scorer of the league Gianfranco Zola seemed to take an interest in the

youngster and gave him a 5 year contract as well as loaning him out so he could gain some first team experience.

In June 2009 Sears made a loan move to Crystal Palace, after rejecting Sheffield Wednesday, Peterborough and Queen Park Rangers.

Ok the 15th of August 2009 Sears “scored” against Bristol City but the goal was disallowed, not for an offside, or foul or anything like that. It wasn’t given because it hit the inside pole at the back on the goal and bounced out again. The referee seemed to think the ball went behind the goal and hit the standing stanchion, well, this is my guess as to what he must have thought, either way the goal was not given and a goal kick was rewarded instead.

Sears played 19 games in total for Palace, not scoring a

single (given) goal. Freddie Sears was then recalled to West Ham on the 24th of December 2009 due to an injury crisis there.

Colchester United

On 17 February 2012, Sears moved League One side Colchester United for a one- month loan deal. This was extended in March 2012 until the end of the 2011–12 season. On the 6th April 2012 Sears scores his first goal for over a year with a penalty in a 1–1 home draw against Hartlepool United.

In my opinion, Sears has been given too many opportunities in every league and has failed to show stability or an eye for goal in all his time. I think its time for up to let Sears go, he never reached his full potential, and although he has plenty of time to do so, we’d be better off selling him.

Follow Deen on Twitter @Knuckles5683

west ham till i die

Can We Buck the Trend, as Monday's Show Down Beckons?

Well, what a fanatic win on Thursday evening. The journey down to Cardiff is always a bit of a tiring trawl. It inevitaly brings back memories of the three back-to-back trips there between 2004-06, when we experienced the jubliation of the play off victory in 2005, the dejection of failing to beat Palace in 2004 and the glorious failure of the penalty shoot out defeat to Liverpool in 2006. But this result, and performance, was worth every bit of effort that it took to get down there on a Thursday afternoon/evening.

One is left pondering if only! If only we had been able to reproduce this type of efficient and masterful performance more frequently at home this season. As we all know it is our failings at home that have cost us automatic promotion. Those terribly wasteful draws against the likes of Doncaster, Boro, Watford and Palace are what ultimately did for us. Indeed, looking back at our results this season, it is clear that all too often we secured impressive away results only to fail to press home the advantage in the following home match. The Brighton and Hull City victories have hopefully dispelled the insecurity that the team have often shown playing at home. But there is defnitely I trend there needs to be bucked. We must come out on Monday and bury Cardiff City's remaining play-off hopes. We must strive to score the first goal, early, to put the tie beyond doubt and allow us to relax and play without tension. In short, we must ensure that another good away display is not followed by a disappointing one at home.

Certainly, West Ham need to be 'shot' if they muck up this one! But Malky knows all about West Ham's relative under-perfomance at home this season and the fact that an early Cardiff City goal, on Monday, would raise doubts in the Hammers players minds and unsettle the crowd. That's what he is hoping and praying for, hence his paradoxical comment about a 2 goal victory being 'a dangerous result.' In response, we need to go out and crush those last, lingering hopes straightaway. And I get the distinct feeling that West Ham will do exactly that on Monday afternoon. Why, because I was impressed by the mental strength shown on Thursday and the confidence of our play. One gets the feeling that West Ham are in a positive groove as a team and are peaking at just he right time for the play-offs. Sam Allardyce stated that his squad are now the fittest they have been all season and that was amply demonstrated in the 1st leg of the semi-final, where we not only outplayed Cardif, but beat them on workrate and effort as well.

Famous last words? Perhaps, but I sincerely hope not. It is just a pity that we did not get the third goal that our dominance deserved. If only Cole's excellent header or Nolan's point blank chance had gone in then we would have all felt that bit more confident. But, lets not be greedy, a two goal lead going in to a home second leg should be sufficient, as long as we do the business and buck the aforementioned trend!

Another encouraging thing from our perspective is the way in which Carlton Cole seems to be hitting good form at this, the climax of the season. His finishinhg was outstanding against Hull City and he play really well on Thursday, leading the attack and giving Cardiff City's defence endless problems. This is the positive Carlton Cole, the centre forward who is very difficult for opponents to play, as opposed to the frustating and disappointing Cole, who disappears up blind alleys. Lets pray that we see more of the former and none of the latter, because at 28 years of age, it really is time that Carlton Cole finally showed consistency and proved his ability beyond all doubt. Vaz Te has been a revelation since his arival in January, he is obviously a player who is certainly starting to realise his potential. I have no doubt that he is a player that can potentially win these play-offs for us. I was also encouraged by Matt Taylor's form, his season was disrupted by injury and suspension, but he is starting to look back to his best on the left flank. His delivery of the ball in to the Cardiff City box was fanastic and created scoring opportunities on a number of occasions. Similarly, Demel is starting to look good at right-back and the Tomkins-Reid central defensive partnership continues to look very solid. Finally, what about that lad Collison, he looked liked his old self in getting forward and scoring those two vital goals. Perhaps some supporters should show more patience with a talented player, obviously recovering from serious injury, rather than rushinhg to condemn and prematurely write him off.

Apparently, Collison also did well in the 1-2 away victory over Leicester City. Unfortunately, I missed the match as I had to go on a business trip to Berlin. My German asociates took me for a tour of Berlin, as part of the social side of the trip, and it included a visit to the Berlin Olympic Stadum. Anyone who has visited it will know that the Berlin OS is an imposing, Nazi built, Sand Stone and granite structure, which was the scene of Jessie Owens' famous 1936 triple gol medal triumph and Herr Hitler's, equally famous, resulting strop! Hertha Berlin play at the stadium and I got a chance to view the pitch from the stands. I have no idea about the comparative dimensions of the Berlin and Stratford OS, but the sight lines were not too bad, even allowing for an uncovered running track. Of course, it was worse at the two ends, but not too bad at all at the sides.

My hosts insisted that the atmosphere at Hertha matches was very good and I can only take their word for that. Although the spectator sight lines did not seem that bad, it did re-affirm that culturally it is was very different from the traditional British football experience of spectators being right on top of the action. Can we adapt to watching our football in the Stratford OS? Possibly, the decisive factor will be the degree to which the post-Olympic restructure of the stadium can recreated something of the football spectator experience of which we are all so familiar.

So, Monday's match awaits! Meanwhile, in the other Semi things are finely balanced, with Blackpool taking a 1-0 advantage to St Andrews. Personally, I think that we can beat either team if we play to our full ability, but therein lies the variable factor in this particular play-off equation. Can we make our undoubted superiority tell in the final, if we overcome Cardiff City. One lives in eternal hope!

SJ. Chandos.

Steven Gerrard played a key role in Liverpool's memorable FA Cup win in 2006 and he is hoping to help his side to more cup glory against Chelsea on Saturday.

Liverpool Echo

Didier Drogba has admitted he feels "like a kid" every time he scores a winning goal at Wembley. The Chelsea striker has scored in all seven of his competitive appearances there.

London Evening Standard
TRANSFER GOSSIP

German outfit Hoffenheim plan to raid Championship side Crystal Palace for highly-rated youngster Wilfried Zaha. They hope the £4m-rated 19-year-old winger might be tempted by a move to the Bundesliga big time.
Wilfried Zaha

Wilfried Zaha of Crystal Palace could be bound for the Bundesliga with Hoffenheim

the Sun

Hoffenheim have already succeeded in luring FC Basel's left-sided attacker Valentin Stocker, 23, to Germany, despite serious interest from Martin O'Neill's Sunderland.

talkSPORT

Gareth Bale is not bound for Etihad Stadium, says Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini. "Bale is a fantastic player," said the City boss. "But I don't think he will leave a big team like Tottenham."

Metro

Fulham boss Martin Jol has shrugged off Liverpool interest in his 29-year-old American striker Clint Dempsey. "I'm not bothered about it," he declared.

the Times (subscription required)

Everton are not prepared to let any of their stars leave Goodison Park at the end of the campaign, despite interest from Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United in Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines.

Daily Mail

Newcastle and Tottenham are interested in the services of German international defender Serdar Tasci, 25, but they face stiff competition from rival suitors Roma and Juventus.

Footy Latest

Southampton have added West Bromwich Albion striker Simon Cox, 25, to their list of potential targets after securing their return to the Premier League.

Daily Mail

John Terry has rubbished rumours he could call time on his international career, saying: "I will never turn my back on England."

London Evening Standard
Fabrice Muamba

Fabrice Muamba says: "I have been given a chance to live again. It still blows my mind."

Bolton's Fabrice Muamba refers to himself as a "living miracle". After recovering from a cardiac arrest at White Hart Lane, the midfielder says: "I have been given a chance to live again. It still blows my mind."

the Times (subscription required)

Chelsea directors spoke with a member of the Qatari ruling family on Friday about investing in the club's future.

Daily Mail

Jose Mourinho is set to snub Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich and sign a new Real Madrid deal — worth a staggering £10million a year after tax.

The Sun

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp admits that he still has not been offered a new contract, despite having only one year of his deal remaining. Meanwhile, Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers and Wigan's Roberto Martinez are being linked with the role.

Daily Mirror

On-loan Swansea midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson admits it will feel odd if he has to return to Germany in the summer. "It's difficult to say if I miss [Hoffenheim]. I have friends there but I wasn't playing, was hardly ever really happy. I just want to play football, but I was training, sitting on the bench, training again. Every week."

Daily Mail

The managing director of Club England, Adrian Bevington, says new boss Roy Hodgson has remained unaffected by the negative coverage surrounding his appointment. "We want to stand by our man," declared Bevington.

talkSPORT

Arsenal striker and captain Robin van Persie has revealed he will open talks over a new deal with the Gunners in the summer. "We haven't set a date but I will have a meeting with the boss like we did before now. We will be having a meeting about my future, and lots of other things," he said.

Metro

In a bid to land sought-after midfielder Eden Hazard, 21, Manchester City have given the player a guided tour of the property hotspots in north-west England. Staff from City have given the young Belgian a tour of the comfy Cheshire commuter belt.

Manchester City step up Eden Hazard chase, Fulham laugh off Liverpool's interest in Clint Dempsey And Everton refuse to flog stars

Bale out: City set to offer Spurs £40m players-plus-cash deal

Buy-buy not bye-bye: Arsenal plan signing spree to win over RVP

He won't shoot off! Robin van Persie is 'committed' to Gunners, insists Wenger

'Arry up and spend: Spurs must buy again or else warns Redknapp :D

Manchester City have shown Eden Hazard around Cheshire in a bid to convince him to move to the club in the summer (Daily Mail)

Hoffenheim want Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha (The Sun)

Fulham boss Martin Jol is 'not bothered' about Liverpool interest in Clint Dempsey (The Times)

Everton will resist attempts by Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United to buy Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines (Daily Mail)

Nicolas Anelka has hinted Didier Drogba may not move to China after all (The Sun)

Southampton want West Brom striker Simon Cox (Daily Mail)

Jose Mourinho is set to snub Chelsea and sign a new Real Madrid deal (The Sun)

Hoffenheim have beaten Sunderland to FC Basel's left-sided attacker Valentin Stocker (TalkSPORT)

DAILY MIRROR

Harry Redknapp admits he could be sensationally axed by Tottenham.

Kenny Dalglish heads for Wembley looking to repay his debt to Liverpool.

Pepe Reina has accused Chelsea of destroying the career of close friend Fernando Torres.

John Terry is hoping FA Cup glory will help Roberto Di Matteo become full-time Chelsea boss.

Martin Jol has dismissed Liverpool boss Tom Werner's compliments about Clint Dempsey as just admiration of a star player and not a 'tap-up'.

Arsene Wenger says a summer spending spree and getting into the Champions League is vital if they are to keep Robin van Persie.

Leeds boss Neil Warnock is ready to raid Portsmouth for midfielder dynamo David Norris - and defender Joel Ward.

German club Hoffenheim are targeting Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha.

Roy Hodgson's move to England will help West Brom land a big-name successor, according to Baggies coach Keith Downing.

THE SUN

Harry Redknapp says his refusal to talk 'cobblers' cost him the England job.

Jose Mourinho is set to snub Roman Abramovich and sign a new Real Madrid deal - worth a staggering £10million a year after tax.

Pepe Reina blames Chelsea for Fernando Torres misfiring since his £50million move from Liverpool.

John Terry has vowed never to turn his back on England and insists he has no issue playing with anyone if Roy Hodgson selects him to play.

Crystal Palace wonderkid Wilfried Zaha is a shock summer target for German side Hoffenheim.

DAILY STAR

Roberto Mancini has taunted Sir Alex Ferguson and told him: We're top dogs in Manchester now.

Kenny Dalglish leads his side out at Wembley today admitting: I owe Liverpool.

Roberto Di Matteo last night admitted: I don't care if we play ugly to win the FA Cup.

Pepe Reina has blamed Chelsea for not getting the best out of Fernando Torres.

Arsene Wenger has ruled out Robin van Persie leaving this summer - and is convinced Lukas Podolski's arrival will mean he keeps his star man.

Martin Jol yesterday issued a hands-off warning to Liverpool over Fulham's USA international Clint Dempsey.

David Moyes reckons Phil Neville still has plenty to offer Everton, before he moves into a coaching role.

Fulham coach Ray Lewington will join the England set-up for Euro 2012.

DAILY MIRROR

Roberto Mancini has prepared for another pivotal day in the Barclays Premier League title race by warning his players it is no use being champions of Manchester if they are not champions of England as well.

Chelsea directors spoke with a member of the Qatari ruling family yesterday about investing in the club's future.

Sir Alex Ferguson has hit out at the 'stupid' timing of today's FA Cup final between Chelsea and Liverpool.

Manchester City have given top summer target Eden Hazard a tour of the property market in the North West as they look to keep him out of the clutches of neighbours United.

Aston Villa supporters have cranked up the pressure on Alex McLeish by taking out an advert in a local paper and calling for him to be sacked.

Harry Redknapp confessed the appointment of Roy Hodgson as England manager came as a 'relief' but also questioned why the process took the FA nearly three months to complete.

Roy Hodgson has secured the services of Ray Lewington as his assistant for Euro 2012.

DAILY EXPRESS

Frank Lampard is dreaming about a double cup success for Chelsea in the next fortnight.

Steven Gerrard has delivered a stark warning to Chelsea, telling them that Liverpool will fight to the death in pursuit of FA Cup glory.

Roberto Mancini has told his Manchester City stars: You've proved you're the cream of Manchester - now show you are the best in the Premier League.

Harry Redknapp has no idea what the future holds after missing out on the England job.

David Moyes has issued a hands-off warning to rival clubs circling Everton's star men.

Fulham coach Ray Lewington is to team up with England manager Roy Hodgson again after agreeing to become his assistant for Euro 2012.

DAILY TELEGRAPH

Chelsea want to build "one of the most iconic football stadiums in the world" in Wandsworth, south London, incorporating the four chimneys of Battersea Power Station in a 60,000-seat stadium costing more than £1billion and not being open before 2016.

Liverpool's goalkeeper Pepe Reina has amplified the FA Cup final tension by blaming Chelsea for the confidence crisis endured by their record signing Fernando Torres.

Mark Hughes yesterday questioned the Football Association's timing in appointing Roy Hodgson as England manager and suggested it might have fateful consequences for the top and bottom of the Premier League table.

THE INDEPENDENT

The Liverpool goalkeeper, Pepe Reina, has said on the eve of today's FA Cup final that Chelsea are to blame for Fernando Torres' struggle to deliver at Stamford Bridge, having failed to dispense with other players' egos and build a team around him.

Roy Hodgson announced his first appointment to the England backroom staff last night with the arrival of Ray Lewington, currently the first-team coach at Fulham, who will work with the team just for the European Championships this summer.

Arsene Wenger hopes that by signing Lukas Podolski he can convince Robin van Persie to commit himself to the club by agreeing a new deal this summer.

THE GUARDIAN

Kenny Dalglish has claimed he will be forever indebted to Liverpool whether or not he guides the club to a domestic cup double in today's FA Cup final against Chelsea.

Chelsea have submitted a formal offer to purchase the site of Battersea power station which, if accepted, could lead to the club leaving Stamford Bridge and the development of "one of the most iconic football stadiums in the world" at a cost of more than £1billion.

THE TIMES

John Terry has urged his Chelsea team-mates to beat Liverpool and win the FA Cup at Wembley this evening to help Roberto Di Matteo, the interim first-team coach, to get the job on a permanent basis.

Sir Alex Ferguson has told his Manchester United players they will be haunted by a "stupid" and "absolutely ridiculous" performance against Everton unless Newcastle United manage to do the champions a huge favour in the title race tomorrow.

DAILY RECORD

Rangers' top-flight fate will no longer be decided by the five-man SPL board because three members fear a backlash against their clubs.

Celtic are keeping close tabs on £2.5million Rosenborg midfielder Markus Henriksen.

Ally McCoist will fly to Tennessee next week for his first face-to-face meeting with prospective new owner Bill Miller.

Rangers stars could be heading for a courtroom if Bill Miller gains control of the club as a newco.

Sasa Papac has become the first big-name departure from Ibrox this summer.

Aberdeen boss Craig Brown will hold further talks with Jonny Hayes over a summer switch.

DAILY MAIL

Chelsea directors spoke with a member of the Qatari ruling family yesterday about investing in the club's future.

Also, Harry Redknapp confessed the appointment of Roy Hodgson as England manager came as a 'relief' but also questioned why the process took the FA nearly three months to complete.

And Aston Villa supporters have cranked up the pressure on Alex McLeish by taking out an advert in a local paper and calling for him to be sacked.
papers
THE SUN

Jose Mourinho is set to snub Roman Abramovich and sign a new Real Madrid deal - worth a staggering £10million a year after tax.

Also: Harry Redknapp ways his refusal to talk 'cobblers' cost him the England job. .
DAILY MIRROR

Kenny Dalglish heads for Wembley today insisting he is looking to repay his debt to Liverpool.

Also: John Terry is hoping that FA Cup glory will help Roberto Di Matteo become full-time Chelsea boss...Harry Redknapp admits he could be sensationally axed at Spurs.
DAILY STAR

Roberto Mancini has taunted Sir Alex Ferguson and told him: We are the top dogs in Manchester now.

Also: Brendan Rodgers has accused Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini of being disrespectful.

And Arsene Wenger last night ruled out Robin van Persie leaving this summer and is convinced Lukas Podolski's arrival will mean he keeps his star man...Floyd Mayweather is ready to target Amir Khan after taking care of business against Miguel Cotto.
DAILY EXPRESS

Frank Lampard is dreaming about a double cup success for Chelsea in the next fortnight, starting at Wembley today.

Also: Roberto Mancini has told his Manchester City stars: 'You've proved you're the cream of Manchester - now show you are the best in the Premier League.'

And Alex McLeish says he feels let down and stunned that three of his Aston Villa players went out drinking until the early hours of the morning with the club still fighting for Premier League survival.
THE TIMES

John Terry has urged his Chelsea team-mates to beat Liverpool and win the FA Cup at Wembley this evening to help Roberto Di Matteo, the interim first-team coach, to get the job on a permanent basis.

Also: Sir Alex Ferguson has told his Manchester United players they will be haunted by a 'stupid' and 'absolutely ridiculous' performance against Everton unless Newcastle United manage to do the champions a huge favour in the title race tomorrow.
THE GUARDIAN

Kenny Dalglish has claimed he will be forever indebted to Liverpool whether or not he guides the club to a domestic cup double in today's FA Cup final against Chelsea.

Also: Chelsea have submitted a formal offer to purchase the site of Battersea power station which, if accepted, could lead to the club leaving Stamford Bridge and the development of 'one of the most iconic football stadiums in the world' at a cost of more than £1billion.
DAILY TELEGRAPH

Chelsea want to build 'one of the most iconic football stadiums in the world' in Wandsworth, south London, incorporating the four chimneys of Battersea Power Station in a 60,000-seat stadium costing more than £1billion and not being open before 2016.

Also: Liverpool's goalkeeper Pepe Reina has amplified the FA Cup final tension by blaming Chelsea for the confidence crisis endured by their record signing, Fernando Torres.

And Mark Hughes yesterday questioned the Football Association's timing in appointing Roy Hodgson as England manager and suggested it might have fateful consequences for the top and bottom of the Premier League table.
THE INDEPENDENT

The Liverpool goalkeeper, Pepe Reina, has said on the eve of today's FA Cup final that Chelsea are to blame for Fernando Torres' struggle to deliver at Stamford Bridge, having failed to dispense with other players' egos and build a team around him.

Also: Roy Hodgson announced his first appointment to the England backroom staff last night with the arrival of Ray Lewington, currently the first-team coach at Fulham, who will work with the team just for the European Championships this summer.

And Arsene Wenger hopes that by signing Lukas Podolski he can convince Robin van Persie to commit himself to the club by agreeing a new deal this summer.

babe of the day

http://www.gmfootball.com/Images/Karren ... weight.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Re: saturday's news 5th feb includes west ham

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH, as always.

BOTD :shock:
Romford_Iron
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 271 likes

Post by Romford_Iron »

:lol: BoTD
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

AN invitation to the launch of Working with Travellers arrives.

A conference has been organised by OneGame Community and Kick it Out and hosted by QPR.

I’m all for supporting minority causes — I’m a woman after all!

And any form of racism is obnoxious but I’m not sure about attending a conference on being fair to travellers when I hadn’t noticed anyone in football being unfair to them in the first place?
quite simply the funniest comment binty has ever written--- a barbed comment in the direction of our p**** neighbours, you think?!
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Romford_Iron wrote::lol: BoTD

i just had to do it
whitechapel hammer

Post by whitechapel hammer »

The BOTD probably gets a lot of work. however she is not my cup of tea.

Cheers for the news CH.
Franchise Hammer

Post by Franchise Hammer »

whitechapel hammer wrote:The BOTD probably gets a lot of work. however she is not my cup of tea.

Cheers for the news CH.
With the number of folds she could probably get lots of concurrent work. :shock:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

DAILY TELEGRAPH: Chelsea want to build "one of the most iconic football stadiums in the world" in Wandsworth, south London, incorporating the four chimneys of Battersea Power Station in a 60,000-seat stadium costing more than £1billion and not being open before 2016. Also: Liverpool's goalkeeper Pepe Reina has amplified the FA Cup final tension by blaming Chelsea for the confidence crisis endured by their record signing, Fernando Torres...Mark Hughes yesterday questioned the Football Association's timing in appointing Roy Hodgson as England manager and suggested it might have fateful consequences for the top and bottom of the Premier League table.

DAILY MIRROR: Kenny Dalglish heads for Wembley today insisting he is looking to repay his debt to Liverpool. Also: John Terry is hoping that FA Cup glory will help Roberto Di Matteo become full-time Chelsea boss...Harry Redknapp admits he could be sensationally axed at Spurs.

THE INDEPENDENT: The Liverpool goalkeeper, Pepe Reina, has said on the eve of today's FA Cup final that Chelsea are to blame for Fernando Torres' struggle to deliver at Stamford Bridge, having failed to dispense with other players' egos and build a team around him. Also: Roy Hodgson announced his first appointment to the England backroom staff last night with the arrival of Ray Lewington, currently the first-team coach at Fulham, who will work with the team just for the European Championships this summer...Arsene Wenger hopes that by signing Lukas Podolski he can convince Robin van Persie to commit himself to the club by agreeing a new deal this summer.

DAILY STAR: Roberto Mancini has taunted Sir Alex Ferguson and told him: We are the top dogs in Manchester now. Also: Brendan Rodgers has accused Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini of being disrespectful...Arsene Wenger last night ruled out Robin van Persie leaving this summer and is convinced Lukas Podolski's arrival will mean he keeps his star man..

THE SUN: Jose Mourinho is set to snub Roman Abramovich and sign a new Real Madrid deal - worth a staggering £10million a year after tax. Also: Harry Redknapp ways his refusal to talk 'cobblers' cost him the England job.

DAILY EXPRESS: Frank Lampard is dreaming about a double cup success for Chelsea in the next fortnight, starting at Wembley today. Also: Roberto Mancini has told his Manchester City stars: "You've proved you're the cream of Manchester - now show you are the best in the Premier League."...Alex McLeish says he feels let down and stunned that three of his Aston Villa players went out drinking until the early hours of the morning with the club still fighting for Premier League survival.

DAILY MAIL: Chelsea directors spoke with a member of the Qatari ruling family yesterday about investing in the club's future. Also: Harry Redknapp confessed the appointment of Roy Hodgson as England manager came as a 'relief' but also questioned why the process took the FA nearly three months to complete...Aston Villa supporters have cranked up the pressure on Alex McLeish by taking out an advert in a local paper and calling for him to be sacked.

THE GUARDIAN: Kenny Dalglish has claimed he will be forever indebted to Liverpool whether or not he guides the club to a domestic cup double in today's FA Cup final against Chelsea. Also: Chelsea have submitted a formal offer to purchase the site of Battersea power station which, if accepted, could lead to the club leaving Stamford Bridge and the development of "one of the most iconic football stadiums in the world" at a cost of more than £1billion.

THE TIMES: John Terry has urged his Chelsea team-mates to beat Liverpool and win the FA Cup at Wembley this evening to help Roberto Di Matteo, the interim first-team coach, to get the job on a permanent basis. Also: Sir Alex Ferguson has told his Manchester United players they will be haunted by a "stupid" and "absolutely ridiculous" performance against Everton unless Newcastle United manage to do the champions a huge favour in the title race tomorrow.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Thanks as ever Steve.
Im not feeling particularly kind to tavellers this morning having had 700 litres of heating oil nicked by them yesterday .
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

rigoberts song wrote:Thanks as ever Steve.
Im not feeling particularly kind to tavellers this morning having had 700 litres of heating oil nicked by them yesterday .

out of order mate but what can you do they are a law un to themselves
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Probably get arrested now for posting an accusation about them on here. trouble is people like them and your "lovely neighbours" can steal, cheat and make peoples life a misery and get away with it.Perhaps we should go to the working with travellers meeting to understand their problems.
Happyhammer

Post by Happyhammer »

BOTD= WTF :cry:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Happyhammer wrote:BOTD= WTF :cry:

lol
Happyhammer

Post by Happyhammer »

Sorry Mr CH, but it was a shock to seeing ex showing it all off like that. :shock:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

we have a big problem with them at work they come round and ransack the skips for the metal so now i put all the old floodlighs and other scrap in a big browm box i keep it round where i work and give it to this english scrap guy saves them going through the skips bit of luck they will get pissed of with nothing being in them anymore..

the mess they make as well i no there is good and bad in everyone but this lot really do take the piss
Kent-Hammer15

Post by Kent-Hammer15 »

Cheers CH :thup:
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

Cheers CH! :crest:

Brady believes Cisse's goal is the best ever. Fine strike though it was, I have never seen anything like Paolo's in my life. Breathtaking.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Cheers CH :thup:
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Cheers C.H :thup:
Kensington

Post by Kensington »

I've checked and double checked. It is the 5th May!