NO to Olympic Stadium banners/flags

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

adie

NO to Olympic Stadium banners/flags

Post by adie »

at Upton Park the stewards have been told not to let anyone display anti olympic stadium banners, they ain't believers in free speech. However I don't think it will be the same at Wembley, so take this opportunity to display your opinion, whether that is for or against.
joyful

Re: NO to Olympic Stadium banners/flags

Post by joyful »

Epic fail,

If any publicity hunting grunt tries to disrupt the West Ham family's day at Wembley by behaving like this I will personally rip their placards out of their grubby hands.

Time and a place gentlemen
adie

Post by adie »

look forward to meeting you
adie

Post by adie »

when is the time and the place ? We ain't allowed at the Boleyn
joyful

Post by joyful »

when is the time and the place?

Any match day OUTSIDE the Stadium or any other time.

Or you could protest outside the Legacy Company offices, or outside a branch of Ann Summers or anything else you want to do that DOESN'T offer the potential to disrupt the team and create a bad atmosphere on one of the most important days of the season,
adie

Post by adie »

the whole idea of protest is to get as much publicity as possible, I don't see how it will disrupt the team or cause a bad atmosphere, threatening other fans does though. Cheers for the idea about outside the legacy company office, nice one
joyful

Post by joyful »

adie, apologies for the tone of my earliest post, Honestly, you wouldn't feel threatened by me -- I've a 5ft 2in 54 year old woman and usually quite polite.

Still don't' think you should piggyback on this particular event -- I believe it may do your cause more harm than good.

Personally I'm undecided about the OS bid UNTIL we get more details of exactly what they propose to do to turn it into a stadium suitable for football and sell us the benefits to the club but I respect your point of view.

In terms of protesting, the most important stakeholders for you ARE the legacy company not Gold and Sullivan and in particular the new chairman. I would also target some of the senior bods of Westfield -- just a feeling.
sean63

Post by sean63 »

could we not get planning permission to upgrade the east side and close in the corner of the bobby more stand with the east side and stay at upton park where we belong :crest:
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Can't we just all get behind the Club until after a Wembley Final. No disruption, we all need to be on the same side at least until after Saturday.
We All Follow The West Ham Over Land And Sea..................................COYI :crest:
adie

Post by adie »

yeah right why don't we wait till we have moved in, then moan like f*ck cos we can't see jack and the stadium is half empty, we're out numbered by Man Ure scum, oh yeah and what happened to the cheap tickets ?
bendavids

Post by bendavids »

adie wrote:yeah right why don't we wait till we have moved in, then moan like f*ck cos we can't see jack and the stadium is half empty, we're out numbered by Man Ure scum, oh yeah and what happened to the cheap tickets ?
You just listed things that you don't know are going to happen!

If people want to protest then that's their choice but as others have said above, I would implore you not to do it on Saturday.

We all want to go to Wembley have a great day out, hopefully win and go home happy. If I saw a load of anti OS banners up that would, to a certain extent, spoil my experience (and I'm sure a lot of other people who are more pro the move). I wouldn't do anything to knowingly spoil your day, so please don't do anything that could spoil mine. It's about WHU on Saturday, not politics or anything that may, or may not, happen in the future. Let's worry about that on Monday. :crest:
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

adie wrote:yeah right why don't we wait till we have moved in, then moan like f*ck cos we can't see jack and the stadium is half empty, we're out numbered by Man Ure scum, oh yeah and what happened to the cheap tickets ?
You are a bit of plank aren't you? The time to protest was when we first applied to get the O/S instead it was left to mywhufc to run a near one man show, not on one the biggest days for the club and it's fans in a good few years.

And with a deal seemingly done any protest now would simply be too little too late!
adie

Post by adie »

I'll decide when I want to protest not you, you muppet
MEM

Post by MEM »

Hammer110 wrote:quote="adie"yeah right why don't we wait till we have moved in, then moan like f*ck cos we can't see jack and the stadium is half empty, we're out numbered by Man Ure scum, oh yeah and what happened to the cheap tickets ?

You are a bit of plank aren't you? The time to protest was when we first applied to get the O/S instead it was left to mywhufc to run a near one man show, not on one the biggest days for the club and it's fans in a good few years.

And with a deal seemingly done any protest now would simply be too little too late!
As ever 110 short, sharp and succinct ~ IAdie not the right place and definitely the wrong time.
adie

Post by adie »

before the bid was put in people said don't protest till we know the club is gonna bid, we might not bid, now we have bid, people are saying any protest should have been done before we bid or wait till Monday. Damned if I do, damned if I don't
WHUTerry

Post by WHUTerry »

adie wrote:before the bid was put in people said don't protest till we know the club is gonna bid, we might not bid, now we have bid, people are saying any protest should have been done before we bid or wait till Monday. Damned if I do, damned if I don't
You have a right to protest really whenever you want. But.
We've waited 31 years for tomorrow. The only thing we should all be focussing on is giving it our all in support of the team.
No distractions. Tomorrow is too important.
adie

Post by adie »

I have thought this over, the fact the board has not only ignored the majority of fans who are opposed to the move but has lied in public saying 100% backing for the move has made me come to this decision. I don't see how it will effect our players on the day. I will be 100% behind the lads, I just want the media to realize that Brady, Gold and Sullivan aren't acting on behalf of the majority of fans. If they hadn't lied about our views I wouldn't feel the need to do this. There's nothing to stop those that are in favour of moving to show their support for the move. I don't think someone having a banner opposing the move to the Olympic Stadium will ruin any fans day, surely we're made of tougher stuff than that. No offence to anyone one but I want my say and if that means taking a banner to Wembley then so be it.
Kent Bubble Blower

Post by Kent Bubble Blower »

adie wrote:No offence to anyone one but I want my say and if that means taking a banner to Wembley then so be it.
Not the time, or the place. :thdn:
bendavids

Post by bendavids »

adie wrote:I have thought this over, the fact the board has not only ignored the majority of fans who are opposed to the move but has lied in public saying 100% backing for the move has made me come to this decision. I don't see how it will effect our players on the day. I will be 100% behind the lads, I just want the media to realize that Brady, Gold and Sullivan aren't acting on behalf of the majority of fans. If they hadn't lied about our views I wouldn't feel the need to do this. There's nothing to stop those that are in favour of moving to show their support for the move. I don't think someone having a banner opposing the move to the Olympic Stadium will ruin any fans day, surely we're made of tougher stuff than that. No offence to anyone one but I want my say and if that means taking a banner to Wembley then so be it.
I'm not arguing about your opinion on the move to the OS. I'm arguing that for many this could be the only chance for some people to watch West Ham play at Wembley and that should not be tarnished for anyone. Is it really too much to ask to put your grievances relating to the OS aside for 1 day?

Apart from anything else, once plans are released G, S & B could well be acting on behalf of the majority of fans, you don't have any info to suggest otherwise.
adie

Post by adie »

tomorrow I will be travelling to Wembley with 18 mates if they say not to bring my banner then I won't, if they say to bring it I will, end of.