Decision on stadium likely to be delayed

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Re: Decision on stadium likely to be delayed

Post by the pink palermo »

MEM

Very funny - you've clearly got time on your hands .

Small point though - matchday goers have put more of their cash into WHU since the Daves "saved us" :lol: , than they have .

That's a fact ..................

The matchday goers, and sky subscribers foot the bills , not the owners .
adie

Post by adie »

quality reply MEM, our very own Ben Elton, you should write for TV
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1482 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

MEM...I got one line....one lousy line :(
MEM

Post by MEM »

the pink palermo wrote:MEM

Very funny - you've clearly got time on your hands .

Small point though - matchday goers have put more of their cash into WHU since the Daves "saved us" :lol: , than they have .

That's a fact ..................

The matchday goers, and sky subscribers foot the bills , not the owners .

Time on my hands ~ Pinky a bit rich for someone who has posted nearly 19,000 times on here compared to my measly 470 ; < p

Actually started work at 07:00 hours yesterday and finished at around 02.30 this morning and did this while on a conference call with some colleagues in Australia early hours of this morning ........ time is one thing I don't have at the moment.

Time No

Sense of humour YES .........................................think about it ; < P
manstev
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by manstev »

MEM - Quality mate. :thup:

Should be more of that kind off stuff on all the KUMB forums.

More humour, less negativity.
MEM

Post by MEM »

manstev wrote:MEM - Quality mate. :thup:

Should be more of that kind off stuff on all the KUMB forums.

More humour, less negativity.
Thought I would lighten up the atmosphere before we all have a massive row with one another at Wemmmbberrrlleey tomorrow with the pro's against the anti's

West Ham together COYI !!!!
MEM

Post by MEM »

MEM wrote: quote="adie" ~ MEM you say you trust David Gold more than his dad even though he has said on twitter we have 20,000 members yet the ticket office say we only have 10,000, he said there would be a full consultation of fans about moving and there wasn't, he said he played for West Ham youth but no one remembers him, he told Brum fans he would cut the ticket prices and didn't, he said he respects and honours our traditions yet Ron Greenwood and Johnny Lyall's families had their complimentry tickets taken off them. The bloke is a master of PR unlike his dad. When are people gonna wake up and smell the coffee, the bloke is a fraud, how can anyone trust him.

Sorry chaps couldn't resist it :

For our younger members who may not know what this was adapted from to be read in conjunction with this ~ " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Adie : We get in through the newly installed underground heating system here... up through retractable seating above the running track here and into to the main hospitality suite just under the new roof here... and Brady’s office is here. Having grabbed Brady, we inform the two Dave’s that she is in our custody and forthwith issue our demands. Any questions?

Doc H : What exactly are the demands?

Adie: We're giving the two Dave’s two Days to dismantle the entire Olympic Stadium if they don’t agree immediately we execute her.

Cut her head off? Cut all her bits off, send 'em back every hour on the hour... show them that the West Ham View are not to be trifled with.

Doc H : What? They'll never agree to that, Aide.

Aide : That's just a bargaining counter. And of course, we point out that they bear full responsibility when we chop her up, and... that we shall not submit to blackmail.

(Applause) No blackmail!

Pinky : They've bled us claret and blue , the bastards. They've taken everything we had, Green Street, Upton Park, Pie n Mash, The Trevor Brooking stand, the Two Towers and the Chicken Run and not just from us, from our fathers and from our fathers' fathers.

Doc H: And from our fathers' fathers' fathers.

Aide: Yes.

Doc H: And from our fathers' fathers' fathers' fathers.

Aide: All right, Doc. Don't labour the point. And what have they ever given us in return?

Paul: Well they did buy us and save us from administration.

Aide: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah. That's true.

Pendant : And they did put in £30 million of their own money this year to keep us afloat!

Pinky : Oh yes... keeping us afloat , Aide, you remember what it was like last time we went down and had to sell all out best players.

Aide: All right, I'll grant you that they kept us out of administration and put in £30 million of their own money are two things that the two Dave’s have done...

Hadleigh : And Captain Kevin Nolan they brought him.

Aide: (sharply) Well yes obviously Captain Kevin ... Captain Kevin Nolan goes without saying. But apart from keeping us out of administration, the £30 million investment and Captain Kevin Nolan...

Hammer 110 : ...Keeping hold of Green, Reid, Noble, Cole, O'Neil and Tompkins, and buying Taylor, Baldcok, Faye, Diop, McCartney and Lansbury…..

Aide: Yes... all right, fair enough...

Pinky : And David Gold’s Tweets and the SAB

Hadleigh: Oh yes! True!

Pinky: Yeah. Tweeting that's something we'd really miss if the Two Dave’s left, Aide.

Brownout : Guy Demel! And I am proud to wear the shirt walking in the streets at night now.

Persil : Yes, they certainly know how to keep our heads above water financially and in the league by buying Nicky Maynard and Ravel Morrison ... (general nodding)... let's face it, they're the only ones who could in a place like this.

(more general murmurs of agreement)

Aide: All right... all right... But apart from keeping us out of administration, the £30 million investment and Captain Kevin Nolan... Keeping hold of Green, Reid, Noble, Cole, O'Neil and Tompkins, and buying Taylor, Baldcok, Faye, Diop, McCartney and Lansbury….. Guy Demel Gold’s tweets the SAB, Walking out at night proud to be in your West Ham shirt, Maynard and Ravel Morrison... and working their b*llocks off!!

WHAT HAVE THE TWO DAVE’S EVER DONE FOR US!!!!

Mem: They did buy Vaz Te!

Aide’: (very angry, he's not having a good meeting at all)

Aide : What!? Oh... (scornfully) Vaz Te, yes Vaz Te... shut up!

And not a word about appointing Big Sam, Bringing in Carew, sacking Zola and the Grant the Grim Reaper :D
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Beeb man thinks delay is down to permission to move

Extract from article:-
Earlier this week the London Legacy Development Corporation (the new name for the Olympic Park Legacy Company) announced it was extending the tender process for the stadium by a further eight weeks to allow those parties who expressed an initial interest the chance to submit a bid.

If you didn't know anything about this tortuous story you might have thought this was a response to a dramatic, late intervention from a big player offering a viable, long term alternative to West Ham - the first and only real credible long term tenant for the stadium.

Unfortunately for the LLDC nothing could have been further from the truth. The eight-week delay has potentially left the process exposed to legal challenge from the combative Leyton Orient chairman Barry Hearn.

The first big mistake was West Ham's failure to obtain permission from the Football League for their move to the Olympic Stadium. It was a clear requirement of the LLDC's Invitation to Tender (ITT).
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

MEM wrote: Time on my hands ~ Pinky a bit rich for someone who has posted nearly 19,000 times on here
And every single one of them a gem ....... :wink:
MEM wrote: Time No

Sense of humour YES .........................................think about it ; < P
Fair play , but somehow I think those of us that have opposed the move to the athletics stadium will have the last laugh whilst those who have sat in the "wait and see" camp can express their indignation.................... when it's too late .

Sorry MEM - not digging you out , you seem like a decent chap and all that , but this is one topic I am rather unamused over, the olympic stadium ain't the holy grail for me .

Anyway, enjoy the game tomorrow .......thumbupthingy
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

MEM wrote:
Sorry chaps couldn't resist it :

Adie : We get in through the newly installed underground heating system here... up through retractable seating above the running track here and into to the main hospitality suite just under the new roof here... and Brady’s office is here. Having grabbed Brady, we inform the two Dave’s that she is in our custody and forthwith issue our demands. Any questions?

And not a word about appointing Big Sam, Bringing in Carew, sacking Zola and the Grant the Grim Reaper
:lol: very good.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

the pink palermo wrote: Fair play , but somehow I think those of us that have opposed the move to the athletics stadium will have the last laugh whilst those who have sat in the "wait and see" camp can express their indignation.................... when it's too late .
To be honest mate I cant see anyone deserving to have the last laugh if it turns out to be everything that those against fear, because the campaign to oppose the move has really been almost non-existent despite the fact that many claim the majority oppose the move.
MEM

Post by MEM »

adie wrote:quality reply MEM, our very own Ben Elton, you should write for TV

:thup:
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

I wanna know why I wasn't invited to that meeting. :eh:
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

How many fans did we have at Wembley today? How many more tickets could we have sold?

Many of my mates including myself were unable to get a ticket.

Can we fill the Olympic Stadium? You bet your life we can...

Do we have the fan base? Of course we do...
YGNB
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by YGNB »

Filling it for a massive cup game wouldn't be a problem, filling it week in week out would
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

People have questioned whether we have the fan base, and where these so called additional fans are going to come from.

The answer is they are and have always been there! Get the price structure right, get the performances and the club are onto a winner.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

By the way: With us now likely to become tenants for the OS and Hearn insisting on being bitchy about it - can't we offer to groundshare with Orient if Mr.Hearn is so desperate ? When we are away, certainly Orient can play there in front of an average crowd of 6427 fans.

As long as Hearn puts in the money for rent, maintenance etc..
And as long as he doesn't mind having to sit in a claret and blue dugout/executive box when watching his team.
I don't know why, but I still have a soft spot for Orient, would love for them to play in Championship someday.
However, I don't have much time for Hearn at all, but we shouldn't blame their fans for his behaviour...
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

Mr_Andersonn wrote:People have questioned whether we have the fan base, and where these so called additional fans are going to come from.

The answer is they are and have always been there! Get the price structure right, get the performances and the club are onto a winner.
I agree. To attract the crowds the tickets need to be cheaper and we need to invest in the playing staff. If we have an exciting team and affordable tickets I'm sure we'll pull a decent crowd. Being a poor student I hardly make any games. Make it cheaper and I'll be there with my brother every weekend. However if we keep prices the same and don't invest in players it will be a failure. G&S need to put their money where their mouth is and start spending. Not relying on crappy loan signings or whatever. Who knows we might even attract outside investment. Today showed we have lots of fans. With the OS plus our fanbase there's an exciting opportunity to make something big of this club. I think some people underestimate the potential.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Mr_Andersonn wrote:How many fans did we have at Wembley today? How many more tickets could we have sold?

I would say that given reasonably priced tickets we could have filled Wembley, but in counterbalance that would have been for an extraordinarily attractive game.....
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Mr_Andersonn wrote:How many fans did we have at Wembley today? How many more tickets could we have sold?

Not every game is a play-off final - we barely sold out at all last season in the Premiership.