Transfer Window: Summer 2012

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Re: Summer 2012 Transfer and Rumours Thread

Post by LeonRivers »

Priorities for me:

GK - Sign Green.
RB - Sign a decent 1st choice. Tie down one of Demel (preferred) or O'Brien as back up.
LB - Sign a decent 1st choice. Sign McCartney as back up.
CB - Sign a very good experienced player to push Reid and Tomkins. Big chunk of budget if neccessary.
CM - See if we can sign Lansbury for a reasonable fee. No more than £3.5m. If not, sign a similar player to maintain numbers.
Wide - Two pacy creative forwards in the RVT mould. I like CY Lee at Bolton, but injury concerns there.
ST - A Solid, hold up player to push Carlton.

That's Seven new players, plus three loanees taken on full time. Sounds about right for a summer's work.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

like others i feel that bolton and blackburn players are worth a look due to their relegation and financial position. would not be disappointed to sign some of the following;

Blackburn: olsson twins, Dann, N'Zonzi, Hoillet (although suspect he'll go to a top six side)
Bolton: Reo Coker, Lee

Absolutely critical that we spend money on the right areas of the team though imo - no more attacking central midfielders or nippy strikers. despite talk about lack of creativity i think we should concentrate on defending positions - partly because we'll be defending loads next season but also because I think that our attacking players will be more freed up by having the right defensive platform behind them.

two decent full backs absolutely essential - hopefully yesterday demonstrated that quite clearly

ps...worth a try at activating demba's release clause???
hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 »

LeonRivers wrote:Priorities for me:

GK - Sign Green.
RB - Sign a decent 1st choice. Tie down one of Demel (preferred) or O'Brien as back up.
CB - Sign a very good experienced player to push Reid and Tomkins. Big chunk of budget if neccessary.
CM - See if we can sign Lansbury for a reasonable fee. No more than £3.5m. If not, sign a similar player to maintain numbers.
Wide - Two pacy creative forwards in the RVT mould. I like CY Lee at Bolton, but injury concerns there.

That's Seven new players, plus three loanees taken on full time. Sounds about right for a summer's work.
i largely agree with that -would just swap lansbury for an athletic defensive midfielder and only bring in one wide creative forward as conscious we don't want to stretch budget too far

don't fancy the rumour linking us with kieran richardson tbh - bit of a jack of trades and master of none
HA5 Hammer

Post by HA5 Hammer »

Reo-Coker? No thanks. Doubt he'd have any desire to come back anyway
DustyHammer
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by DustyHammer »

LeonRivers wrote: Wide - Two pacy creative forwards in the RVT mould.
Do we really need 2 more when we already have one?
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

a cheeky 2m bid for craig bellamy would be nice............not that he'd say yes, but big upheaval in scouseland again, he could be surplus up there,
Voronin

Post by Voronin »

LeonRivers wrote:Priorities for me:

GK - Sign Green.

Agree with most of that. But I´d rather sign a DM ahead of Lansbury, fisrst choice would be Flamini (free) and second choice Holden. I´m still hoping that O´Brien and demel can cover the RB between them aswell.
swehammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by swehammer »

What about john guidetti? I know a posted a rumour I heard last year (turned out to be absolute b*llocks in the end). He had a cracking year at Feyenord this year. Scored 20 goals in 23 games and tbh he won't stand a chance getting many games in Citeh this year... :think:
Voronin

Post by Voronin »

swehammer wrote:What about john guidetti? I know a posted a rumour I heard last year (turned out to be absolute b*llocks in the end). He had a cracking year at Feyenord this year. Scored 20 goals in 23 games and tbh he won't stand a chance getting many games in Citeh this year... :think:
Will go to a bigger club and I´m not sure he wont be a one-season wonder anyway.
mcinerney7

Post by mcinerney7 »

what about reo cocker coming back, what do people think if that happened?
iron57

Post by iron57 »

chigwells finest wrote:a cheeky 2m bid for craig bellamy would be nice............not that he'd say yes, but big upheaval in scouseland again, he could be surplus up there,

What a great call.

Like another poster on here, I've heard that Rio is a strong possibility. This wasn't a recent thing but a well connected friend told me a few weeks ago that if we get promotion Rio was a strong possible signing.
hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 »

mcinerney7 wrote:what about reo cocker coming back, what do people think if that happened?
on a free.....not popular but a position we are heavilly dependent on gary o'neil at the moment - if he is injured or has a bad game the balance of our team is seriously impacted. reo coker played really well with noble before he left. despite people thinking he stormed out of west ham he actually spoke about wanting to stay in the end - he was excellent in the great escape.

everyone has a different view so understand it's a sensitive subject but it's funny how carrick, cole, bilic are all remembered fondly, ince, reo coker, defoe and lampard all vilified

only lampard of that whole lot has slagged the club off consistently ever since (and made up crap about cheering when he broke his leg)

i'd take reo coker ON A FREE, and i'd also happilly see tom ince playing for us
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

I'd make the below 4 players, add two decent full backs our top priority:

Weiss from Man City - 6.5 mil
Fletcher from Wolves - 8mil
Jarvis from Wolves - 6mil
Dann from Blackburn - 6mil
DustyHammer
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by DustyHammer »

What about Rhys Williams from Boro as a DM?
mattirons

Post by mattirons »

whats the chances we will be after Whittingham for that, creative wide player? seems to fit the mould quite well. Also, this transfer window has the potential to bring back a lot of old faces to upton park. Of all the transfers though, i would absolutely love to see Joey Cole back!
westhamirish

Post by westhamirish »

Santa cruz as our new experienced striker.... anyone? Man city will be looking to cash in.
WHUnited91

Post by WHUnited91 »

stu1 wrote:I'd make the below 4 players, add two decent full backs our top priority:

Weiss from Man City - 6.5 mil
Fletcher from Wolves - 8mil
Jarvis from Wolves - 6mil
Dann from Blackburn - 6mil
Good shout apart from Dann, don't fancy a centre back who has been relegated twice on the bounce. Stuart Holden and (very unlikely) Junior Hoilett would be good targets from the relegated sides too. Also wouldn't mind a cheeky raid on Brum for Mutch and/or Redmond. We really need to look abroad too though and hopefully pull in some gems, just like Swansea did Vorm.
Last edited by WHUnited91 on Sun May 20, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Berbatov anyone?

Dimitar Berbatov admits he has no choice but to quit Manchester United as he no longer feels valued at Old Trafford.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7768133/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JBs Caravan

Post by JBs Caravan »

GK..Robbo or Kuczak
RB...Salgado/Steinsson/Jenkinson
LB...Bertrand
CH....Wheater/Johnson/Dann
Midfield..Gammst Pedersen/O,Hara
Midfield Shelvey/Zaha/Razak
Striker Yakubu/Doyle/Fletcher
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Lukaku will come on loan I am sure of that.

Bosingwa on a free?