POF: Blackpool 1 West Ham United 2 (19/05/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

MalteseHammer

Re: Blackpool v West Ham United Play-Off Final: Match Thread

Post by MalteseHammer »

vmixture wrote:G is one of the most decent blokes I have ever had the pleasure to meet.:
I totally agree :thup:
Louisc

Re: Transferred to the West Ham end

Post by Louisc »

Dead opposite you Terry i was laughing my head off seeing all you lot bunched up at the back with all the stewards around you, we thought we were in the clear and had not been spotted little did i know, the stewards said the way we were dressed jeans and polo shirts gave it away :wink:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Re: Transferred to the West Ham end

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Louisc wrote:Dead opposite you Terry i was laughing my head off seeing all you lot bunched up at the back with all the stewards around you, we thought we were in the clear and had not been spotted little did i know, the stewards said the way we were dressed jeans and polo shirts gave it away :wink:
Should have worn shell suits, then they'd never have known.
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Ted Fenton »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Link to Gnome's interview on Radio5 this morning.
Many thanks.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

Club Wembley - the gift that keeps on giving.....just got this email through...

With the Olympic football tournament taking place at Wembley this summer we can now confirm that The FA Community Shield, the traditional curtain raiser for the new season, will be played at Aston Villa’s stadium, Villa Park on Sunday 12 August 2012.

Because this is a core event in your Licence Agreement we are delighted to confirm that the Championship Play-Off Final will be a core event for the 2012/13 Season.* This takes place on 27 May 2013.

The npower Football League Championship is the highest division of The Football League and second-highest division overall in the English football league system after the Premier League.

At the end of the season, the top two teams in the Championship and the winner of the Championship play-offs are promoted to the Premier League and the bottom three teams are relegated to Football League One.

With so much at stake the Championship Play-Off Final is one of the most exciting football games in the season.

As the Championship Play-Off Final is a core event for the 2012/13 Season, you will receive all of your Club Wembley benefits, including restaurant availability, the complimentary train service and re-sale.

In addition, we have secured an allocation of tickets and hospitality packages for The FA Community Shield 2012 and will be in touch with further details about how to purchase these shortly
Stratford Hammer
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Stratford Hammer »

A mixture of half a dozen beers and 90 minutes of singing equalled a pretty apalling headache by the end - I thought i was going to pass out everytime a new chorus struck up! An incredible experience even if the crowd were a bit quiet for the best part of the second half. We had a real go from the back of block 135 but those around us seemed too gripped by nerves to get involved.

A bloke next to us seemed to be suffering severe narcolepsy as he slept through most of the match. Managed to rouse himself when Vaz scored the winner at least! :lol: His mate was blowing one of those vuvuzela things in his ear to wake him for most of the second half - irritating to say the least.

I have to say walking out to my seat an hour before kick off, the sight almost took my breath away. Here's hoping we don't have to wait too long for another visit.

I loved seeing small groups of happy Hammers walking on the streets of Stratford, off to various watering holes, chants of 'Irons' going up when we passed each other. And then the next morning in Barking, claret and blue play off final flags hanging outside The Spotted Dog, just think how many pubs around East London and beyond were full of celebrating West Ham fans, I wish I could have been to every one of them.
dennis the menace

Post by dennis the menace »

So back @ home.

Beautiful day out @ wembley.

Well done .....now..... lets occupy the premier league.

We are back where we belong to!!!

Cheers

Dennis the menace
CentenaryUpperHammer

Post by CentenaryUpperHammer »

Great day out. Great bit of banter with the Blackpool fans in Club Wembley seats. Why did it have to go so fast? I'd just calmed down celebrating and then the pub started up again when Chelsea beat the Germans. Before I knew it I'm back at work!

Cup run next season anyone? :wink:
Tarbs
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Tarbs »

That super slo-mo clip on the sky coverage after about 92mins showing Carlton clenching his fists and the crowd going wild behind him is one of the greatest things I have ever seen.

Sends a shiver down my spine.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

GOD FINALLY!! couldn't remember my password for the last sodding 3 weeks so was unable to comment on this thread even (sick as I was) I had my trusted radio on west ham-blackpool..that goal from vaz te..I couldn't say his name untill thirty odd coughs later but that goal meant everything to me..had to cry as well :oops: what a frustrating season this has been, guess that's why the tears came. I ****ing LOVE THIS CLUB!!
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

Tarbs wrote:That super slo-mo clip on the sky coverage after about 92mins showing Carlton clenching his fists and the crowd going wild behind him is one of the greatest things I have ever seen.

Post a link to this or find some way of showing it immediately (please).

Claret cloggy.

Hope you're doing well. There was a fella next to me at the game who apparently only had a few days to go (literally) but came to the game anyway :shock: was chuffed for him just as much as anything.

On a personal note. Still on a massive high from this. Just can't stop thinking about how mental it was when Vaz Te scored.
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

Just got back. Via Toronto & Calgary . . .

Fun day out.

Nice to nick a win.

Luck was definitely on our side.
Westham

Post by Westham »

Tarbs wrote:That super slo-mo clip on the sky coverage after about 92mins showing Carlton clenching his fists and the crowd going wild behind him is one of the greatest things I have ever seen.

My favourite clip of the day. Beats both goals for me
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

derek zoolander wrote:

Post a link to this or find some way of showing it immediately (please).

Claret cloggy.

Hope you're doing well. There was a fella next to me at the game who apparently only had a few days to go (literally) but came to the game anyway :shock: was chuffed for him just as much as anything.

On a personal note. Still on a massive high from this. Just can't stop thinking about how mental it was when Vaz Te scored.
ohh that is..wow..that's commitment then, to spend your last few days like that. nothing so dramatic at my end though, just had a fever at an unfortunate time, that's all.
Kent Bubble Blower

Post by Kent Bubble Blower »

derek zoolander wrote:Post a link to this or find some way of showing it immediately (please).
This, ta! :thup:
Hockley Hammer
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

derek zoolander wrote:

Absolutely, those next few moments were magical. I didn't go mental I enjoyed watching everybody else.

To experience that euphoria was a fantastic moment in my life. No drink or drugs comes close :thup:
Tarbs
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Tarbs »

The slo-mo must be on the downloads you can get of the sky coverage.

The final is also currently on sky anytime still.

That is about as far as I can help!
Remo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Remo »

:crest:
Last edited by Remo on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Couple of people missed this and wanted to see it so:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cole celebrating Vaz Te's winner with the fans going mental behind.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

k-r-c wrote:Couple of people missed this and wanted to see it so:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cole celebrating Vaz Te's winner with the fans going mental behind.
Who's video is this mate? Right next to us in the stadium..Coincidence or what!