Now Hearn wants to ground share

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Re: Now Hearn wants to ground share

Post by HamburgHammer »

So, let bloody Hearn groundshare if need be - he'll just sell Brisbane Road to fill his pockets and Orient will be finished as a club in 2-3 years time, as I cannot see them paying the rent for the OS, they may have to pay less than us, still I cannot imagine how the OS can work financially for Orient and their fanbase.

I now wish they would just announce their decision whatever it may be so we can then move on...
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1918 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

No, no end in sight.

2 years, 4 months 3 weeks and counting...
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

From the Premier League Handbook Season 2011/12
SECTION I

GROUND CRITERIA

Ground Sharing
4. No Club shall have or enter into a ground-sharing agreement unless the agreement contains a legally enforceable provision to the effect that the playing of the Club’s League Matches shall always take precedence over the activities of the other party to the agreement.
the bubble hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by the bubble hammer »

My cousin's an O's season ticket holder! Lives in Barking.[/quote]

I know 5 season ticket holders for the O's. two live in canterbury, two live in rainham kent and the other now lives in dubai but still pays for a season ticket so the club gets funds. All from the same family they are fervant supporters. They do get brainwashed by Hearn though and have all spouted to me about us killing their club and no football club should be allowed in the stadium because of the track and all that. piss myself when i read that hearn now wants the O's in there as well and got straight on the blower to my mate to rip the s##t out of him.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

York Ham(mer) wrote:From the Premier League Handbook Season 2011/12

SECTION I

GROUND CRITERIA

Ground Sharing
4. No Club shall have or enter into a ground-sharing agreement unless the agreement contains a legally enforceable provision to the effect that the playing of the Club’s League Matches shall always take precedence over the activities of the other party to the agreement.
Right, that's the premier league....

If the football league have the equivalent of that in their rules then a ground share with Orient is totally impossible whoever might be in favour of it because it's simply not possible for both parties to have legal precedence over one another.

For that same reason it definitely rules out premier league teams sharing, so it totally rules out any possibility of sharing with Tottenham as has recently been suggested in this forum, and it raises the question of even if football league rules allowed Orient to share what would happen in the admittedly unlikely event that they ever won promotion to the premier league.

It might well be that our Barry hasn't thought this through very well at all :think:
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: The LLDC wouldn't care, but West Ham would. They can't dictate what each individual organisation puts in its bid, they can only decide which of the submitted bids they prefer. If West Ham don't submit a groundshare bid, it can't be forced on them.
But it's not West hams decision. The LLDC have been promoting the stadium as a community arena to be used for a number of uses and they are asking for interested parties to submit applications as such and so even if West Ham object, then I can't see that swaying the LLDC's decision. But if it does then can you imagine the fun that Hearne will have in the courts with us and the LLDC?

In any case im still not sure about the governments real intentions now, as other posters have said....after the olympics all bets are off!
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

West Ham are not interested in ground sharing, so that means NO ONE can force us to do it. If the LLDC like Orient's application, plus a Cricket or Rugby team, then that's all very well. But I just wonder if it could work financial-wise with the OS if we pull out.

Leyton Orient, Essex Cricket, London Wasps or another Rugby side - will those clubs be in a position as tenants to provide the authorities with the kind of rent money that's needed to keep this stadium going ? I doubt it. The LLDC will have to walk the tightrope and make a very serious decision. If they want us in, fine, but on our terms. I cannot imagine Gold and Sullivan sitting down with Hearn and some rugby and cricket people discussing design of the stadium and sort out who's allowed to play there at what date...

The LLDC may yet mess this whole thing up (again), but I reckon Gold and Sullivan will tell them in no uncertain terms what to do when they ask us to move in together with Orient (plus maybe Essex Cricket and London Wasps).
paulhs1

Post by paulhs1 »

HamburgHammer wrote: The LLDC may yet mess this whole thing up (again), but I reckon Gold and Sullivan will tell them in no uncertain terms what to do when they ask us to move in together with Orient (plus maybe Essex Cricket and London Wasps).
I'm not so sure....The club have said publicly that they will not ground share with a rugby club but privately :think:

Also, what would be the clubs arguement...We want it all to ourselves during the football season or not at all? If so then legally the LLDC may no choice than to reject West Hams bid!
ForeverHammers

Post by ForeverHammers »

Club have just responded. BBC's Dan Roan reports...

West Ham statement says club "has not held talks with Leyton Orient in respect of ground-sharing nor is it our intention to do so"

West Ham don't wish to comment on "ever-changing position" of Barry Hearn but say his statements "provide us with constant amusement"
Monkey Mike
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Monkey Mike »

ForeverHammers wrote:Club have just responded. BBC's Dan Roan reports...

West Ham statement says club "has not held talks with Leyton Orient in respect of ground-sharing nor is it our intention to do so"

West Ham don't wish to comment on "ever-changing position" of Barry Hearn but say his statements "provide us with constant amusement"
HIlarious.
Awbis

Post by Awbis »

Note to PP

Premier league does not allow groundsharing, either between clubs or with other sports (this was brought in recently as Big uproar for wigan and reading)

As such stop fishing, you are too well informed to be offering that kind of spureous information.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Iron-worx wrote:If the football league have the equivalent of that in their rules.....
The Football League Regulations
13. Registration of Ground

13.4 Ground sharing will only be approved at the discretion of the Board. The Board will not generally approve any ground-sharing arrangement where the club plays its matches outside the conurbation, as defined by the Board, from which the Club takes its name or with which it is otherwise traditionally associated.

13.5 Except in cases where a Club seeks consent to enter into a ground-sharing agreement with another Club, it shall be a condition of any such consent that the ground-sharing agreement shall contain provision to ensure that:

13.5.1 the playing of any of the Club's first team matches will always take precedence over the activities of the other party to the agreement; and

13.5.2 the Club shall have the ability to postpone other activities scheduled to take place on the pitch in the immediately preceding 48 hour period where in the opinion of the Club, acting reasonably, there is a risk that such activity may result in the subsequent postponement or abandonment of a match to be played under the auspices of the League.
Napoleon Solo

Post by Napoleon Solo »

I 'm quite amazed that not one single person on this message board has figured out what Hearn is up to.

Then on the other hand, if everyone here blindly beleives every single word that Gold/Sullivan/Brady tell them then why should I be amazed

:lol:
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

So spill the beans then what is he up to...
paulhs1

Post by paulhs1 »

Napoleon Solo wrote:I 'm quite amazed that not one single person on this message board has figured out what Hearn is up to.

Then on the other hand, if everyone here blindly beleives every single word that Gold/Sullivan/Brady tell them then why should I be amazed

:lol:
Not sure your right with your assessment there mister Solo!
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

He's behaving like the conservationists who stop an entire housing scheme because they find a lesser spotted turd warbler on the site. He's doing what he's doing because he can. His ultimate aim is to be paid a lot of money to go away and stop bothering the grown-ups.
paulhs1

Post by paulhs1 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18297392" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Me ol china

Post by Me ol china »

What a response, ****ing love it

I might even pay 5% for 4 years for that response :lol:
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

paulhs1 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18297392" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another professional reply then !!!!!!!!!
paulhs1

Post by paulhs1 »

Pop Robson wrote:Another professional reply then !!!!!!!!!
I seriously wonder how the LLDC will take these comments Pop;

"We do not wish to comment on recent statements made by Barry Hearn not least because we can't keep up with his ever-changing position.

"They continue, however, to provide us with a constant source of amusement.'

Joking aside, it's not very professional as you said!